A decent place

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

A decent place

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:36 pm

number 9

Re: A decent place

Post by number 9 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:31 pm

Slow news day at the Sunday Post! :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Like how he relates himself to Moyes. Had ten or eleven years of him at Everton, lived it near week in week out but by the end of it the sum total was a manager that although tried to achieve something was simply too banal and unimaginative to provide any success. Should be right up Lambert's alley he wishes to emulate such figures.

I think Lambert because he was part of a team set up that was at one time Champions of Europe believes he is better and more competent than he really is. There's no way he will ever again coach an established club name, his record with a succession of teams is sub-standard and taking a position at some obscure post outside of England is most likely the only option he's got remaining.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:43 pm

Egotistical tw*t.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:45 pm

Thought it was only The Broons & Oor Wullie that created the jokes in The Sunday Post, (and The Merry Mac depending on how old you are....., Valleyroad?)

But on a serious note...., he mentions playing for Dortmund and winning a Champions League medal??? :shock: :shock: :shock: I did not know that.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:57 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:45 pm
Thought it was only The Broons & Oor Wullie that created the jokes in The Sunday Post, (and The Merry Mac depending on how old you are....., Valleyroad?)

But on a serious note...., he mentions playing for Dortmund and winning a Champions League medal??? :shock: :shock: :shock: I did not know that.
Aye The Broons & Oor Wullie ye cannie beat it :D

I don't buy 100% into Lambert being cr@p manager, his record is mixed, but he has always done my head in with his opinion of himself and his constant referral to Dortmund. Reminds me a lot of McInally and his constant referral to Bayern.
The other thing with Lambert that really got on nerves was his copying of Martin O'Neill with the socks over the tracksuit bottoms nonsense. Seems to have given up on that since he has failed spectacularily to be Martin O'Neill !
So he kinda invites it on himself.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:13 am

The way that Lambert goes on about Dortmund, you’d think he played there for five years or most of his career.I think he was there for just 14 months.... just one complete season! Can’t remember much about him as a player, but he was always very highly regarded. His constant referencing to Dortmund is embarrassing, though. Surely, he must realise people take the p*ss out of him for it.

The fact that he name-checks Hull, Doncaster and Blackpool as teams he beat during his final days here says something. If that’s his highlight package for his time here- then good luck in his next job interview.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:22 am

Exactly Tang, that is something to be proud of on your CV, beating those Three teams despite being outplayed.