This so called Super League

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: This so called Super League

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:04 pm

Kerry Blue wrote: โ†‘
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:03 pm
Looks like Chelsea are pulling out.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
There are thousands of "Chelsea's" out there because of NOT pulling out.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:07 pm

tangfastic wrote: โ†‘
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:39 pm
marko69 wrote: โ†‘
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:07 pm
It wonโ€™t happen. And if it does, to avoid serious arguments, theyโ€™d be placed in the lower realms. Or at least they should be.

And of the two, the newly formed The SevCo FC could possibly survive the current EPL. Celtic FC would be mid to lower championship at the very best.

If there was a petition here in Scotland to STOP them, Iโ€™d sign it. A lot of Hibees and Jambos witn a โ€œfk them, let them p*ss offโ€ attitude.
I do not hold that view. Hibs make a lot of cash from those Glasgow knuckle draggers.
Thing is, Marko... this Super League isnโ€™t based on the best teams. Itโ€™s who can generate the most revenue. Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal are currently 6th, 7th and 9th respectively. Nothing super in that. Celtic and Rangers could probably generate more revenue globally than Leicester or West Ham( 3rd and 4th). And once youโ€™re in.... you get shedloads of cash to build a decent team.
Very true indeed regarding "A Super League" with no relegation. But Celtic and The SevCo wouldn't consistently be in the top tier. And I can tell you......., when they play poor, their fans "go away" The attendances drop significantly.

But you're correct......, there is ยฃยฃยฃ there......, the main reason I'd prefer they stay here in Scotland.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:15 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:04 pm
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:03 pm
Looks like Chelsea are pulling out.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
There are thousands of "Chelsea's" out there because of NOT pulling out.
:lol:

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:26 pm

Man city out now they think it's all over it is now ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:28 pm

Still Dock them all 30 points next season

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:52 pm

Their names will always be tarnished and yet its not the fans, players or managers fault..

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:54 pm

Steve and Jo wrote: โ†‘
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:13 pm
goldandblack wrote: โ†‘
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:06 pm
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:40 am
Makes me laugh a little. Saying Celtic and Rangers might wish to join the Premier yet may leave the UK

Please don't forget certain parties, people in Scotland wish to break away from the United Kingdom so I really cannot see either Celtic nor Rangers playing in an English league, even if the Premier League goes United Kingdom or even Great Britain.

Enough of the political jargon though and back to football.
we have Cardiff and Swansea who have played in the premier and even from further afield the Vile and Sandwell, so why not the 2 Glasgow clubs plus others from Scotland, better still get rid of the premier all together and back to us running all our leagues. kick out these foreign owners. Maximum of two foreign players, a cap on wages,
A Great Britain side for World Cups and Euro's. right that's sorted, this thread could get very interesting :wink:
Yes, but wales is part of the Kingdom of England, why you don't see the Welsh flag on the Union flag is because the United Kingdom was formed with Wales being part of the England union. If Scotland gets independence then they will not be part of the Union or Kingdom. "While the kingdoms of England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are joined, the Principality of Wales is officially a part of the Kingdom of England" (Taken from Google)

Got to be honest I have never been in favour of Rangers or Celtic just joining the Premiership, mainly because then two clubs will have to make way for them, not only that but two more clubs would also drop out of the league. For me they would need to join bottom rung and earn there places though right now who cares about earning rights to play in leagues, so maybe that argument has gone tits up
I was really getting impressed with all that knowledge Steve and Jo , then you ruined it with the Googling, not everything on Google is actual fact, probably Tom Jones put it on there
anyway back to my thinking,Forget Celtic and Rangers who go to the new super league Div Z, we have 6 places in our pyramid of leagues to fill,
Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts start in our top league of 22 teams, the Dundee's Livingstone's etc. etc. find there levels, it would be the making of Scotland's future, every game a full house, I understand Marko;s concerns but they do have Greggs down here and Mr Kiplin make some exceedingly good cakes in Newcastle 8)

BREAKING NEWS, : Chelsea and Man City must have been reading this forum and decided to pulled out, :D :D :D
or could it be anything to do with being kicked out of the Champions League 8)
Last edited by goldandblack on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:01 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:04 pm
Ash along in a minute...... โ€œWhat? Nae jags?โ€ :D

Iโ€™d HATE IT. I love me some crappy scottish fitbaw, Wolfie on a dreich Misty โ€œCANNAE see fk allโ€ day in Perth at an incredibly shitty St Johnstone v Hibs game. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Hibs v Sheffield Wednesday? No appeal whatsoever. Having to make up songs about โ€œowl bastardsโ€ etc etc? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ Too much effort.
We have loads of em we can teach you mate, swap you for summit on Hearts, :wink:

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:06 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:54 pm
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:06 pm

we have Cardiff and Swansea who have played in the premier and even from further afield the Vile and Sandwell, so why not the 2 Glasgow clubs plus others from Scotland, better still get rid of the premier all together and back to us running all our leagues. kick out these foreign owners. Maximum of two foreign players, a cap on wages,
A Great Britain side for World Cups and Euro's. right that's sorted, this thread could get very interesting :wink:
Yes, but wales is part of the Kingdom of England, why you don't see the Welsh flag on the Union flag is because the United Kingdom was formed with Wales being part of the England union. If Scotland gets independence then they will not be part of the Union or Kingdom. "While the kingdoms of England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are joined, the Principality of Wales is officially a part of the Kingdom of England" (Taken from Google)

Got to be honest I have never been in favour of Rangers or Celtic just joining the Premiership, mainly because then two clubs will have to make way for them, not only that but two more clubs would also drop out of the league. For me they would need to join bottom rung and earn there places though right now who cares about earning rights to play in leagues, so maybe that argument has gone tits up
I was really getting impressed with all that knowledge Steve and Jo , then you ruined it with the Googling, not everything on Google is actual fact, probably Tom Jones put it on there
anyway back to my thinking,Forget Celtic and Rangers who go to the new super league Div Z, we have 6 places in our pyramid of leagues to fill,
Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts start in our top league of 22 teams, the Dundee's Livingstone's etc. etc. find there levels, it would be the making of Scotland's future, every game a full house, I understand Marko;s concerns but they do have Greggs down here and Mr Kiplin make some exceedingly good cakes in Newcastle 8)

BREAKING NEWS, : Chelsea and Man City must have been reading this forum and decided to pulled out, :D :D :D
No, I knew all that, love history but thought most was general knowledge. I only quoted "While the kingdoms of England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are joined, the Principality of Wales is officially a part of the Kingdom of England" Why used speech marks " ". I did that to possibly explain better than I can..

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:18 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:01 pm
We have loads of em we can teach you mate, swap you for summit on Hearts, :wink:

THIS IS THEIR STORY.......
THIS IS THEIR SONG.....
FOLLOW THE HEARTS AND....., YOU WILL GO WRONG..
FOR SOME SAY THE CELTIC & SEVCO ARE GRAND...
BUT THE BOYS IN MAROON ARE THE SHYTE O' THE LAND

H-E-A..... R-T-S......, If you cannot spell it then here's what it says.
SHYTE, SHYTE, GLORIOUS SHYTE
ITS DOWN AT SHITECASTLE THEY HIDE.
THE BOYS IN MAROON ARE THE SHYTE O' THE TOON
AND AULD REEKIE IS GREEN WITH THE PRIDE

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:18 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:06 pm

No, I knew all that, love history but thought most was general knowledge. I only quoted "While the kingdoms of England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are joined, the Principality of Wales is officially a part of the Kingdom of England" Why used speech marks " ". I did that to possibly explain better than I can..
Your be saying next the Black Country is not an independent country, you ever been to the Republic of Sandwell ?

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:20 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:18 pm

Your be saying next the Black Country is not an independent country, you ever been to the Republic of Sandwell ?
Why are you snapping at me? Read the history books

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:22 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:20 pm
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:18 pm

Why are you snapping at me? Read the history books
its called a bit of banter in my books, don't take things so serious, got your PM Thanks
Last edited by goldandblack on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:22 pm

He's not snapping, Steve......, he's joking about WBA

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:26 pm

Here comes the goals

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:39 pm

will be last game I endure this season. Enough is enough

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:44 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:26 pm
I know the real reason Kerry,if those 6 left, The premier said they would take all there past honours away and past league positions.
which means 3 years ago Wolves would have been the Premier League Champions, by finishing 7th. :wink:
those Mancs wouldn't want that,

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:53 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:44 pm
I know the real reason Kerry,if those 6 left, The premier said they would take all there past honours away and past league positions.
which means 3 years ago Wolves would have been the Premier League Champions, by finishing 7th. :wink:
Yes I saw that earlier and thought about you.๐Ÿ˜‚

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:00 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:53 pm
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:44 pm
Yes I saw that earlier and thought about you.๐Ÿ˜‚
:D I think we should start a super league, Wolves, Stafford Rangers, Kiddermister, Telford, Dudley, and A.F.C. Bridgnorth.
bring it on Barca and Real Madrid.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:06 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:00 pm
:D I think we should start a super league, Wolves, Stafford Rangers, Kiddermister, Telford, Dudley, and A.F.C. Bridgnorth.
You're going to get Mike banging on about another Super League......, Inter Forfar, AC Arbroath, Real Montrose, Atletico Brechin

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:11 pm

Brechin!!! Not a chance

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:12 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:06 pm
You're going to get Mike banging on about another Super League......, Inter Forfar, AC Arbroath, Real Montrose, Atletico Brechin
I think Forfar is going a bit over the top, but the rest of em sounds feasible tho,

do you remember the footie results reading, Forfar Four East Fife Five. 8)

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:38 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:12 pm
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:06 pm
I think Forfar is going a bit over the top, but the rest of em sounds feasible tho,

do you remember the footie results reading, Forfar Four East Fife Five. 8)
Yes I remember that I think they had been waiting years for that to happen.๐Ÿ˜‚

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:52 pm

Mike may correct me, but they drew 4-4 about 5 or 6 years ago.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:18 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:52 pm
just looked it up, it did happen but the other way round.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44916496

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:20 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:18 pm

this is where it came from It was the scoreline that the late, great Eric Morecambe always used to joke about but had never come true - until now.
East Fife 4 Forfar 5 was the much-loved comedian's idea of the ultimate tongue-twister for anyone trying to read out the football results.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:20 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:21 pm

I assume you were joking that it was 4-4 but 4-4 the other way round?

Now that is Eric's humour! :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:28 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:21 pm
I assume you were joking that it was 4-4 but 4-4 the other way round?

Now that is Eric's humour! :lol:
your sharp tonight mate :D : well i got the right score but not necessarily in the right order, you remember that piano sketch. :D :
Classic Clip.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01nmgjx

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:47 am

Yeah get it right !!! The old one back in the day was that way round too.