Supporters Club Committee Meeting

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Supporters Club Committee Meeting

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:04 pm

New Blues chairman Mike O’Leary and Brett Johnson from the Three Lions were the guests at a Supporters Club committee meeting last night which their chairman Mark Ramsay says was “open, friendly and informative” with subjects including player recruitment, stadium development, sponsorship and season tickets among those discussed.

Outlining what was talked about, Ramsay said: “Last night Brett Johnson and Mike O’Leary joined the official Supporters Club at our regular monthly Zoom meeting for about an hour to share with us the vision for the future and the way forward for our football club. We also had the opportunity to ask questions on behalf of all supporters.

“The dialogue was open, friendly and informative. It is evident that their passion for our football club is as strong as ours.

“Behind the scenes they are already hard at work planning changes both on and off the field. We asked for reassurances on a range of topics.

“We discussed the stadium at Portman Road. We are staying here and improvements will be made and given time the Cobbold Stand may be replaced.

“On player recruitment, meetings are already under way, with a longer meeting with Paul Cook planned for later this week. Supporting the team and Cook is the main priority.

“Club sponsorship. With our current agreement [with Magical Vegas] due to expire we asked if a new sponsor was coming in. We were told talks have taken place and an announcement will be made shortly.

“Club colours. Many will remember what happened at Cardiff when they came under new ownership, so we sought assurances that our new kit will be blue, and it will be. In fact our new owners have already been buying merchandise at our club shop.

“On season tickets, announcements will be made by a week on Friday, but plans are in place and I am assured supporters will not be disappointed. They realise that supporters are the lifeblood of the club.

“We now have open lines of communication with all at the club from the owners down. They are approachable on all matters, want to keep open lines of dialogue, they are enthusiastic, up for the challenge and extremely positive. The excitement is just beginning.

“We the Supporters of Ipswich Town Football Club have been through a lot in the last few years, but we now have a great opportunity, led by new owners.

“Let us reward their support by supporting them. A new era has begun, as always we are ‘better together’.”

The comments are in stark contrast to the frustrations the Supporters Club expressed in November when they hit out at the “seeming stagnation” of the Blues under Marcus Evans's ownership.
Some positive and interesting comments there, nothing negative at this stage and a possible new stand!!

Steve and Jo

Re: Supporters Club Committee Meeting

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:57 pm

Can't deny the Cobbold stand does need replacing but I liked them saying given time

Never thought there was a chance of team colours being replaced

Like you say all good so far, Possibly even better than just good

Onwards and Upwards, so refreshing, so open and hopefully honest. Wonder who new sponsorship will be

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:08 pm

Nothing different to what you would expect to be honest but at least everyone is being positive.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:12 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:57 pm
Wonder who new sponsorship will be

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:39 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:08 pm
Nothing different to what you would expect to be honest but at least everyone is being positive.
Yes being positive is a massive change

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:44 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
I know DB , it’s brilliant news isn’t it 😁👍👍

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:56 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:44 pm
Dubai Blue wrote:
I know DB , it’s brilliant news isn’t it 😁👍👍
Yes it is. Really looking forward to the Summer and the first few games on next season.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:17 am

It can’t come soon enough can it . It’s been a horrible horrible season . The worst in living memory for me I think.

Players can have no moans about what happens to them now . They’ve been given every chance I feel.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:06 pm

The dole queue I hope, w*nkers the lot of them

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:25 pm

IMO I think the players know who's going and who's not
and the one's that aren't staying can't be arsed.

The easy pay packet has gone now, the new owner's/Cook want results not people going through the motions, like we've had for the last 5-6 if not more years

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:11 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:25 pm

The easy pay packet has gone now, the new owner's/Cook want results not people going through the motions, like we've had for the last 5-6 if not more years
i agree, but i think Cook missed a trick when he came in. He should of said everybody has a clean slate and those with there contracts running out, show me over the remaining games you want to be here and earn a new deal. As oppose to him saying, there will be a big clear out and changes are ahead. The guys that are going are not going to put a foot in and get injured thus stopping them going somewhere else in the summer.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:48 pm

Tinytown wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:11 pm
K L Blue wrote:

i agree, but i think Cook missed a trick when he came in. He should of said everybody has a clean slate and those with there contracts running out, show me over the remaining games you want to be here and earn a new deal. As oppose to him saying, there will be a big clear out and changes are ahead. The guys that are going are not going to put a foot in and get injured thus stopping them going somewhere else in the summer.
I am pretty sure that PC didn't 'miss a trick". He tried to keep the 11 together who had pulled off a couple of better results prior to his appointment. He even tried moving away from his favoured formation to accommodate the players capabilities (or more like lack of). He certainly didn't appear too scathing until fairly recently. I think Paul has played things pretty much perfectly. All the players would know they had a clean sheet, as with any manager coming in.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:47 pm

Tinytown wrote:
I could of sworn I read a quote with Cook saying it's up to the players if they want to here or words to that effect. I agree it must be difficult for the players with recent events, but that doesn't give them an excuse to give up. If anything, the take over should have motivated them to give 110 percent. I just don't understand the concept of the players not giving a sh*t and playing badly on purpose.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:33 pm

We seem to have 2 possible scenarios...

1. The players have decided/ been told they wont be here next season and have given up.... Very strange considering they if they could have played well, they may have had new contracts offered. I seem to recall Jimmy Bullard being awesome for half a season, then getting a new deal (where he played sh*t).

2. Most of them who are out of contract have been offered jobs elsewhere, and have thought why bother now? Strange again, as why wouldnt they give their all and be seen to be great players for their new clubs.

3 (ok, 3 scenarios then!) . The players have actually being trying really hard, but are truly as awful as they seem to be? Thats depressing in itself.

4. (damn, 4 then) They really hate Paul Cook and are desperatly trying to get him sacked before the season starts again?

All of the above just dont seem right to me. Maybe 3 is the most obvious???

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:38 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:33 pm
We seem to have 2 possible scenarios...

1. The players have decided/ been told they wont be here next season and have given up.... Very strange considering they if they could have played well, they may have had new contracts offered. I seem to recall Jimmy Bullard being awesome for half a season, then getting a new deal (where he played sh*t).

2. Most of them who are out of contract have been offered jobs elsewhere, and have thought why bother now? Strange again, as why wouldnt they give their all and be seen to be great players for their new clubs.

3 (ok, 3 scenarios then!) . The players have actually being trying really hard, but are truly as awful as they seem to be? Thats depressing in itself.

4. (damn, 4 then) They really hate Paul Cook and are desperatly trying to get him sacked before the season starts again?

All of the above just dont seem right to me. Maybe 3 is the most obvious???

5. Cook is a worse manager than Lambert.

I’m going with mostly 3 but with a fair bit of 1.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:59 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:48 pm
Tinytown wrote:
K L Blue wrote:

I am pretty sure that PC didn't 'miss a trick". He tried to keep the 11 together who had pulled off a couple of better results prior to his appointment. He even tried moving away from his favoured formation to accommodate the players capabilities (or more like lack of). He certainly didn't appear too scathing until fairly recently. I think Paul has played things pretty much perfectly. All the players would know they had a clean sheet, as with any manager coming in.
Exactly right Azzuro, he did try to go with a clean slate, he clearly stated that and still they weren't up to it.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:17 pm

they're all a bunch of f tards and Id happily kick arse of each and every one of them, as they get booted out the door in 4 games time.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:49 pm

I think there could potentially be another option in there, Nics.
Absolutely no semblance of routine through 2 and a half managers. Hurst, Lambert, and now Cook, (but Cook to a lesser extent due to a lot of damage being doing by the Dortmund Legend)

Players out of position time after time, and probably worse, perhaps not knowing until match day what the manager has been plotting!

Certainly an absolute ton of chopping & changing been going on for a while. I reckon Norwood has been less of a player because of that. Nothing to do with ability because he’s got stacks of ability.

I certainly wouldn’t be kicking ALL their arses. I would like to kick both Paul Hurst & Paul Lamberts arses.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:07 am

marko69 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:49 pm
I think there could potentially be another option in there, Nics.
Absolutely no semblance of routine through 2 and a half managers. Hurst, Lambert, and now Cook, (but Cook to a lesser extent due to a lot of damage being doing by the Dortmund Legend)

Players out of position time after time, and probably worse, perhaps not knowing until match day what the manager has been plotting!

Certainly an absolute ton of chopping & changing been going on for a while. I reckon Norwood has been less of a player because of that. Nothing to do with ability because he’s got stacks of ability.

I certainly wouldn’t be kicking ALL their arses. I would like to kick both Paul Hurst & Paul Lamberts arses.
And building on that - in the words of Berke Bakay - it’s not his team.

From my perspective we need to give an opportunity to our manager to be able to start assembling his own team. This is not his team. He went in there late February. He’s trying a lot of different systems.”

The criticism from Pompey and Wigan fans about Cook was that he wasn’t flexible and only played one system. But that was an aside from comments about what a great job he did. If he gets round pegs for round holes then we will get players in their respective positions who can do their job well.

Not pick other manager’s players who are played out of position. Lambert effectively assembled a massive squad of misfits and they’re not even able to do the basics.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:40 am

Cook essentially has a blank canvas from June 1st, he can recruit specific players to play the roles he envisages , and money it seems is no object at this level. It’s whether he can pursue and convince the calibre of player he wants, to join a Club currently sitting in League One.

We shall see soon won’t we.