Interview with Berke Bakay

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Interview with Berke Bakay

Post by hallamblue » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:12 pm

OMG, this guy is for real. I just love his realistic approach and attention to the real issues that he and his co-owners will address....and what money on Didier Drogba being one of our strikers next season? lol

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... on-7919312

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Re: Interview with Berke Bakay

Post by TODD66 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:20 am

Got to agree.

It was a pleasant surprise to find out that one of our American benefactors is in fact Turkish and gets what 'football ' is all about. Of course he made all the right noises but he actually appears to mean them. He may fail but not for the want of trying.

Anyone who cut their teeth in the ' home' end at Galatasaray is ok by me.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:52 am

I also watched it last night and also was pleased with his knowledge and enthusiasm for our team.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:17 am

Wow, I like this guy, that is a fab interview no one liners but full in depth answers to every question backed up by good knowledge, you can almost feel his passion and commitment, it comes across that no stone will be left unturned in getting us out of this crap League, and then to push on in a sensible time frame to bigger things, he's sensible and realistic but very ambitious, I am also pleased that Cook looks to be getting the time and resources he needs to build his team. I think we have very exciting times ahead for sure.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:20 am

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:12 pm
OMG, this guy is for real. I just love his realistic approach and attention to the real issues that he and his co-owners will address....and what money on Didier Drogba being one of our strikers next season? lol

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... on-7919312
Drogba in League 1 for a season. Mouthwatering!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:37 am

Lol yes it would be . We’d be sold out every game :lol: ..... unlikely , but I can dream.

The th8ng I pick up fr9m Burke’s interview is the owners are clearly thinking well beyond the scope of obtaining Championship status again... and even beyond PL. why not? We’ve been crying out for real ambition. The scariest thing is , potentially they have the financial clout to make it happen. We could easily become a re incarnate Man City if they put their money where their mothers are.

I know one thing , if this take over had happened to Norwich, as an Ipswich fan, I’d have been devastated because it is such a massive opportunity backed on real foundations. They are already quickly and quietly getting that much needed infrastructure in place.

This will be potentially the best summer of transfer activity we have ever seen at this Club. I still have to pinch myself this is happening, and quite honestly , I almost dare not believe it is as we’ve had so many false dawns haven’t we,

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:43 am

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:37 am
Lol yes it would be . We’d be sold out every game :lol: ..... unlikely , but I can dream.

The th8ng I pick up fr9m Burke’s interview is the owners are clearly thinking well beyond the scope of obtaining Championship status again... and even beyond PL. why not? We’ve been crying out for real ambition. The scariest thing is , potentially they have the financial clout to make it happen. We could easily become a re incarnate Man City if they put their money where their mothers are.

I know one thing , if this take over had happened to Norwich, as an Ipswich fan, I’d have been devastated because it is such a massive opportunity backed on real foundations. They are already quickly and quietly getting that much needed infrastructure in place.

This will be potentially the best summer of transfer activity we have ever seen at this Club. I still have to pinch myself this is happening, and quite honestly , I almost dare not believe it is as we’ve had so many false dawns haven’t we,
:D
Some mothers do ‘ave em.

I hope Mrs Bakay allows her son to spend a few quid.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:52 am

Drogba at 43 years old ? I don't think so lol

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:07 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:52 am
I'm sure he could still cut it in League 1 for a season.

At the very least you would think it would leave someone free as the opposition worry about what he may be up to!! :wink:

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:08 am

hallamblue wrote:

Talking of Norwich, they sprang to mind when he said he couldn't think of anyone being promoted to PL from League 1 back to back.

Would be nice to pull that one off as well, and even better to stay up!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:03 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:43 am
hallamblue wrote:

:D
Some mothers do ‘ave em.

I hope Mrs Bakay allows her son to spend a few quid.
Lol bloody predicted text !!! I definitely didn’t type mother’s ha ha

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:52 am
Sad thing is he probably could still do a job for us lol .. seriously though I didn’t realise he was that old . Shame !

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:31 pm

I finally got a chance to watch the interview in its entirety. Berke seems like a very genuine person and a football fanatic. When I was stationed in Bosnia, the Turks provided security for the Stabilization Force's compounds. We'd always chat with them as we entered and exited the base. All of the soldiers came across as very friendly and genuine.

I like what Berke had to say about marketing and commercial opportunities. Also, I'm glad he spoke about not wasting money on transfers. At this point, it appears we're in good hands.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:43 pm

What an absolute breath of fresh air! Both him and Brett have shown the passion and desire to succeed in this adventure that’s coming. Just my luck I’m in a part of the country with only a chance of coming once or twice a season😟

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:44 pm

The one thing I like about the new owners they will talk and mix with the fans unlike Friggin hide away Evans, I feel absolutely sure they will invest in Paul Cooks selection of better quality players here, listening to him in the interview he come across as a very genuine guy along with Brett who want success back here at Ipswich Town FC, they want a packed 30'000 ground enjoying watching a real improvement in a quality style of play. They really want the glory days back here, that have been missing for so long, and by the grace of God it will happen :cry: :cry: sorry about that I made myself start to cry with the passion thats been promised.

When you have supported Ipswich Town for over 68 years, you just scream out for that missing success.

On a different note I would like to see John McGreal come back here as Paul's assistant number 2 now this slot is open, he would work well with Paul.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:15 pm

TODD66 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:08 am
hallamblue wrote:

Talking of Norwich, they sprang to mind when he said he couldn't think of anyone being promoted to PL from League 1 back to back.

Would be nice to pull that one off as well, and even better to stay up!
Yes it would be nice to do that , and who knows what will happen this summer .

We will be a very big scalp next season for sure , so it doing be easy at all ( which the owners fully recognise btw)

I think with these owners , if we can get back to the PL they would back the Club to stay there . Exciting times ahead - still cant believe this is happening.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:37 pm

I appreciate your optimism hallam, but let’s get promoted to the Championship before we start yearning for the Premier league. Berke even commented on how tough the Championship is, and how difficult it will be to get to the PL. Right now It’s going to be a monumental task just to create a squad good enough for automatic promotion next season. It’s great we all have new hope, but it’s gonna take a while. I’m excited and positive like everybody else, but I think we need to keep our feet on the ground until signs of improvement begin to happen. I mean, many fans are already turning against Cook. Let’s take a deep breath and see what happens before we start craving the PL.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:20 pm

You watch those "fans" turn back as quick as a rat up a drainpipe when he does start to turn it around.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:57 am

I think those quotation marks are going to get on a lot of peoples tits, mate. 🤷‍♂️

All fans have different tolerance levels. That’s an absolute fact at all football clubs.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:10 pm

No more than their negativity already gets on mine mate.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:11 pm

The thing is Marko you've assumed I am talking about people on here, trust me there are numerous areas where these people post their bile.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:12 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:11 pm
The thing is Marko you've assumed I am talking about people on here, trust me there are numerous areas where these people post their bile.
Very true BM on EADT, Facebook, are the classic sites, where the truly thick plonkers write up some stupid posts about Paul Cook, Is he the right manager for the job, :evil: F**K me 6 Bloody weeks in the job trying to control a bunch of crap players and their expecting miracles.
And they don't read and ingest the column's comments from the New owners, who have stated they will give Paul the finances to bring in the players he wants for next season, they can see the pain that PC and the true fans are going through.
But they know he can and will turn things around ready for next season's challenges.

And what will help is Paul possibly bringing in John McGreal a true blue past scouser defender for us as his No2, who's already at the Playford Road training ground on a regular basis, so it makes sense to get him more involved, not sure about Keiron Dyer ?? or Noel Hunt, I think there's a slot for Keiron somewhere in the new set up, scouting maybe for the talented young players out there just waiting to be discovered, just like the Brentford and Peterborough way.

At all costs we must give Paul Cook a good chance to bring things together. COYB

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:14 am

marko69 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:57 am
I think those quotation marks are going to get on a lot of peoples tits, mate. 🤷‍♂️

All fans have different tolerance levels. That’s an absolute fact at all football clubs.
Marco what about the JAGS on top :D :D get back to the championship for next season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:37 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:12 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:11 pm
Very true BM on EADT, Facebook, are the classic sites, where the truly thick plonkers write up some stupid posts about Paul Cook, Is he the right manager for the job, :evil: F**K me 6 Bloody weeks in the job trying to control a bunch of crap players and their expecting miracles.
And they don't read and ingest the column's comments from the New owners, who have stated they will give Paul the finances to bring in the players he wants for next season, they can see the pain that PC and the true fans are going through.
But they know he can and will turn things around ready for next season's challenges.

And what will help is Paul possibly bringing in John McGreal a true blue past scouser defender for us as his No2, who's already at the Playford Road training ground on a regular basis, so it makes sense to get him more involved, not sure about Keiron Dyer ?? or Noel Hunt, I think there's a slot for Keiron somewhere in the new set up, scouting maybe for the talented young players out there just waiting to be discovered, just like the Brentford and Peterborough way.

At all costs we must give Paul Cook a good chance to bring things together. COYB
Word perfect.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:00 am

Mike, my only point was the quotation marks, suggesting that they’re actually not fans. That was all. That can bug people and it happens on other forums of all sports really. (I can’t see any other meaning for those quotations other than questioning the integrity of the fan.)
A persons passion can be interpreted by others as actually not being a fan in the first place. It’s risky is all I’m saying. I know you don’t give a f*ck because you’re as passionate in your stance regarding the new regime....... but it’s so hard to get all fans singing from the same hymn sheet....... and as a dynamic of a forum, who’d want that anyway?
I see the forum as “Question Time”..... differing viewpoints.

I hate sitting on this fence, but I do scratch my head as to why Cooks words (behind the scenes) can’t motivate these players.
I find it soooooooo hard to believe that ALL of them have “downed tools”. Just do not buy that at all. An entire squad saying, “nope, fk this” :lol: Is it IPSWICH TOWN NURSERY SCHOOL FC?
These guys have families & mortgages. Just doesn’t wash with me. I believe they are actually just not very good, Flynn Downes aside.

And so........ NEXT season, with Cooks assembled squad...... the spotlight is unfortunately going to have a 1000Watt bulb in it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:07 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:14 am
Marco what about the JAGS on top :D :D get back to the championship for next season.
Decent win and a dominating performance if the the stats are anything to go by. 👍