Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will we even score a goal???

Ipswich Win
14%
Wimbledon Win
57%
Draw
29%

Total votes: 14

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:58 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:54 pm
ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:07 pm
:shock: I thought only the thick twats attacking Paul Cook were on Facebook and EADT, seems we have an interloper who needs to get his head screwed on the right way and try see the positives that will come for next seasons campaign.

Why MM was mentioned God only knows Micks record is average at best, if you like MM that much support Cardiff City, :shock: oh hang on a minuet My Brother in law supports Cardiff City, so no forget that suggestion, if you want instant success and failure al rolled into to one, go support them up the road, that should keep you happy VR :lol: :lol:
Couldn't care less about your thick tw*t inference.
Paul Cook doesn't even have half the track record in management that MM has so end of.
I should have used Neil Warnock though as the example instead of MM as MM lights a fuse on here.
And thats exactly why you do it.
On 2nd March Cardiff beat Derby 4-0 to go sixth, a play off slot, where are they now? Yes he's f**king marvelous is Mick.

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:19 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:58 pm
valleyroad wrote:
ashfordblue wrote:
:shock: I thought only the thick twats attacking Paul Cook were on Facebook and EADT, seems we have an interloper who needs to get his head screwed on the right way and try see the positives that will come for next seasons campaign.

Why MM was mentioned God only knows Micks record is average at best, if you like MM that much support Cardiff City, :shock: oh hang on a minuet My Brother in law supports Cardiff City, so no forget that suggestion, if you want instant success and failure al rolled into to one, go support them up the road, that should keep you happy VR :lol: :lol:
Paul Cook doesn't even have half the track record in management that MM has so end of.
I should have used Neil Warnock though as the example instead of MM as MM lights a fuse on here.
On 2nd March Cardiff beat Derby 4-0 to go sixth, a play off slot, where are they now? Yes he's f**king marvelous is Mick.
I'm no fan of McCarthy. I hated the football he had us playing.

In fairness to him at Cardiff though, they had lost six in a row when he took over and were hovering just over the relegation zone. They have lost only three of the 20 games he has been in charge and are comfortably top ten.
Last edited by JOHN DEERE on Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:21 pm

Many people in the media and also Berke have said, it was surprising the team didn't get that 'New Manager Bump' like practically every other team in the universe has when new manager is appointed. What that tells me is the squad isn't good enough yada yada yada...we all know that. Cook has stated the first half of Saturday's match was the worst performance of any team he's ever managed. During Lambert's twilight hours we were able to string together a few wins, but if I remember correctly we still played sh*t except for one match. Yes we've been utter crap since Cook took over, and judging by Edward's performance on Saturday some of the players are not even trying anymore. Understandably, most of the players are probably fed up with being beaten down getting thrashed by Northampton and Wimbledon and not scoring a goal now in how many minutes??? As I said before, it's way too easy to blame the manager for the sh*t-run we've had since he took over. The problems have always been much deeper than the manager for several years.

A couple of you have mentioned, "Well I wouldn't treat my employees like Cook has treated the players." Give me a break! If your employees failed to do their jobs, you'd fire them in a heart beat.

Now, if next season we go on a 10 game losing streak I'll be the one waving the 'Cook Out' banner. But for now, let's wait and see what he can do with his own squad next season. It's really getting boring to hear people slagging off Cook under the current circumstances.

However; this is an open forum so if you wanna keep beating that dead horse then go ahead, but at least try to offer solutions to Cook's problems.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:11 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:21 pm
Now, if next season we go on a 10 game losing streak I'll be the one waving the 'Cook Out' banner. But for now, let's wait and see what he can do with his own squad next season. It's really getting boring to hear people slagging off Cook under the current circumstances.
I’ll tell you EXACTLY what’s getting f**king boring with this club:
Let’s see what Jewell can do with his squad....
Let’s see what McCarthy can do with his squad....
Let’s see what Hurst can do......
Let’s see what Lambert can do.......
Let’s see what COOK can do......

J E S U S
F U C K I N G
C H R I S T

..... SOMEONE ——->>> DO SOMETHING.

I think there are too many people who think ALL fans are like, “oh well, let’s see, we plod on” ...... it’s not f**king like that.

But....... the future is looking good and UNFORTUNATELY for Paul Cook, Marcus Evans aint there anymore as any form of excuse next season. Over to you and the Yankee Doodle dandy’s, Cookie.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:59 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:58 pm
valleyroad wrote:
ashfordblue wrote:

Nope thats your interpretation of why i mention MM but your wrong. Its your issue to deal with not mine.

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:01 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:11 pm

J E S U S
F U C K I N G
C H R I S T

:lol:

We'll have to wait until next season for Cook to do something! :P

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:36 pm

Respectfully ask for any further mention of McCarthy to go by the wayside. Get it through the head this is an individual no longer involved with this club name. If Cardiff City won the EPL title FA Cup and European Champions in one fell swoop, great for them, congratulations and all that, but even then would not give much or nothing in the way of plaudits to their manager. Said name was terrible here give one play off ending season, day he left Portman Road and took off for the other side of the UK was a time to behold. Why some cling on to the name or posses some bizarre complex with the individual still, is a mystery.

I just put aside McCarthy on a shelf somewhere with people like Jewell, Keane, Lambert etc to gather dust and at some very random point over time brush off the excess and gather thoughts once more. Bottom line you got to move on and start with the situation now. I don't like Cook for the time he has been here and the sequence of god awful scores and performance but in no way will properly berate so early into a new tenure.

Many if not all are frustrated and upset by his time since coming in but time to judge is far from beyond now, way ahead this time next season even. All about how much money he'll be given for new blood, and how and on who he spends it. The immediate future at this club begins from August, so much time before it has passed and delivered little, the only way is onward there is no going back.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:00 pm

marko69 wrote:
number 9 wrote:

J E S U S
F U C K I N G
C H R I S T

I think there are too many people who think ALL fans are like, “oh well, let’s see, we plod on” ...... it’s not f**king like that.

But....... the future is looking good and UNFORTUNATELY for Paul Cook, Marcus Evans aint there anymore as any form of excuse next season. Over to you and the Yankee Doodle dandy’s, Cookie.
Hahaha it’s fun being an Ipswich fan!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:33 pm

McCarthy on the same “naughty shelf” as king Cnut Keane, St Judith? You’re on the wind up witn that one. Keane gets his own shelf with golden engraved name plate.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:34 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:36 pm
Respectfully ask for any further mention of McCarthy to go by the wayside. Get it through the head this is an individual no longer involved with this club name. If Cardiff City won the EPL title FA Cup and European Champions in one fell swoop, great for them, congratulations and all that, but even then would not give much or nothing in the way of plaudits to their manager. Said name was terrible here give one play off ending season, day he left Portman Road and took off for the other side of the UK was a time to behold. Why some cling on to the name or posses some bizarre complex with the individual still, is a mystery.

I just put aside McCarthy on a shelf somewhere with people like Jewell, Keane, Lambert etc to gather dust and at some very random point over time brush off the excess and gather thoughts once more. Bottom line you got to move on and start with the situation now. I don't like Cook for the time he has been here and the sequence of god awful scores and performance but in no way will properly berate so early into a new tenure.

Many if not all are frustrated and upset by his time since coming in but time to judge is far from beyond now, way ahead this time next season even. All about how much money he'll be given for new blood, and how and on who he spends it. The immediate future at this club begins from August, so much time before it has passed and delivered little, the only way is onward there is no going back.
Amen👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:07 am

marko69 wrote:
number 9 wrote:

J E S U S
F U C K I N G
C H R I S T

The difference with Cook Marko is that he's been here five minutes, if we had always adopted that knee jerk approach Bobby Robson would have been sacked and we wouldn't even have our glorious past to cling onto.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:08 am

bluejacko wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:34 pm
saint jude wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:36 pm

Amen👍
Amen X2

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:59 am

Frosty wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:43 pm
Cooks approach underwhelmes me tbh, so I will go into the thick tw*t category as well.

And yes, the points he make are completely valid, and I agree, however, he f*cked any chance of promotion by making these comments public too early on and stating most will go basically. I agree the players should be bright enough to put themselves in the shop window or show some bloody positive action, but he has lost the current squad.

Roll on next season.
Yep I'm afraid I'm identifying as a thick tw*t also :wink:

But also agree with SJ that the time to judge isn't now.

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:58 am

number 9 wrote:
Many people in the media and also Berke have said, it was surprising the team didn't get that 'New Manager Bump' like practically every other team in the universe has when new manager is appointed. What that tells me is the squad isn't good enough yada yada yada...we all know that. Cook has stated the first half of Saturday's match was the worst performance of any team he's ever managed. During Lambert's twilight hours we were able to string together a few wins, but if I remember correctly we still played sh*t except for one match. Yes we've been utter crap since Cook took over, and judging by Edward's performance on Saturday some of the players are not even trying anymore. Understandably, most of the players are probably fed up with being beaten down getting thrashed by Northampton and Wimbledon and not scoring a goal now in how many minutes??? As I said before, it's way too easy to blame the manager for the sh*t-run we've had since he took over. The problems have always been much deeper than the manager for several years.

A couple of you have mentioned, "Well I wouldn't treat my employees like Cook has treated the players." Give me a break! If your employees failed to do their jobs, you'd fire them in a heart beat.

However; this is an open forum so if you wanna keep beating that dead horse then go ahead, but at least try to offer solutions to Cook's problems.
Sensible post!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:07 am
marko69 wrote:
number 9 wrote:

J E S U S
F U C K I N G
C H R I S T

The difference with Cook Marko is that he's been here five minutes, if we had always adopted that knee jerk approach Bobby Robson would have been sacked and we wouldn't even have our glorious past to cling onto.
Definitely. 👍 I’m in the “COOK FOR A KNIGHTHOOD 2022/23 CAMP”.
Was just saying that it’s been a stuck record witn the “THEIR SQUAD” chat. :lol: It’s been relentless for 10 or more years.

There is nothing more fans can do other than hope Cookie has the power to turn the tide.

https://youtu.be/4S9mEc-PEDs

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:16 pm

I agree with you completely, we always have a "let's wait and see" excuse, I think these are unprecedented times at ITFC what with the takeover and investment etc, Cook has been outspoken and ruffled feathers, personally I'm chuffed he has although some feel his approach is wrong despite saying the same things as he has for what 3 seasons now. I would rather have a no nonsense, tell it as it is manager every day of the week to the recent tits we have had to suffer who between them have created this situation, not cook. As for the players, they can all f*ck off.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:30 pm

It's a tough one but in fairness I think Cook was standing by them at the beginning. Didn't he take the players who were training with the youngsters back into the 1st Squad?

He changed formations, even during games he tried switching them around but at end of the day not renewing contracts told the players they are not wanted. This for me shows them up for what they are. Instead of rolling up their sleeves and fighting for a contract or very least showing other clubs what they are about, how good they are. They went into shell, not caring or at least it is what it looks like.

If I was a manager or a scout from other clubs I would look at most of them and question their commitment, attitude and personality. Some have no doubt been approached by other other clubs but for me, I wouldn't touch most with a barge pole.

It is from the minute after final whistle goes at end of this sorry excuse of a season the real hard work begins and then Paul Cook can be judged. I hope and I do feel he will shine

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:59 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:16 pm
I agree with you completely, we always have a "let's wait and see" excuse, I think these are unprecedented times at ITFC what with the takeover and investment etc, Cook has been outspoken and ruffled feathers, personally I'm chuffed he has although some feel his approach is wrong despite saying the same things as he has for what 3 seasons now. I would rather have a no nonsense, tell it as it is manager every day of the week to the recent tits we have had to suffer who between them have created this situation, not cook. As for the players, they can all f*ck off.
This in spades.

The fans have more passion than the majority of these players. We keep putting into the club and they just take out, giving little in return :cry:

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:12 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:30 pm
It's a tough one but in fairness I think Cook was standing by them at the beginning. Didn't he take the players who were training with the youngsters back into the 1st Squad?

He changed formations, even during games he tried switching them around but at end of the day not renewing contracts told the players they are not wanted. This for me shows them up for what they are. Instead of rolling up their sleeves and fighting for a contract or very least showing other clubs what they are about, how good they are. They went into shell, not caring or at least it is what it looks like.

If I was a manager or a scout from other clubs I would look at most of them and question their commitment, attitude and personality. Some have no doubt been approached by other other clubs but for me, I wouldn't touch most with a barge pole.

It is from the minute after final whistle goes at end of this sorry excuse of a season the real hard work begins and then Paul Cook can be judged. I hope and I do feel he will shine
This is right and after the last 2 covid ravaged seasons the salary situation for players not in the top flights is very different to what it was when our squad was relegated from the Champ. It's rumoured that they took a 60% hit after relegation and many of them may now be facing a further significant reduction to secure a move to another league 1 side. This must be pretty uncomfortable at home for those with mortgages taken out a few years before or wives who have given up work to have kids. It makes the contract situation even more unsettling. But to a great extent this has not been avoidable and I'm sure the club is looking forward to bringing in the players that PC wants on significantly lower contracts than many of the outgoing ones. Thus maybe the lack of motivation is understandable but also unavoidable.

I guess we will hear more as players go out of contract and give interviews.