Robins from Bristol City ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Robins from Bristol City ?

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:09 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... erformance

This looks to be on the cards, he's very experienced so hopefully he will sort us out.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Robins from Bristol City ?

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:11 pm

He has a good CV for sure.

RockyRobin

Post by RockyRobin » Wed May 05, 2021 12:45 pm

Andy Rolls is one of Mark Ashton's mates, who he seems to take with him wherever he goes.

Whilst I am sure many of you have seen Bristol City fans very negative opinions on Mark Ashton, I think Andy Rolls is right up there as well.

Fans reactions: https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic ... nt-4090839

In a nutshell, Andy Rolls (Director of Peformance) has overseen the worst injury crisis in the EFL and possibly our history. City even had midfielder Joe Williams reveal in an interview with The Athletic, that he had doubts over the quality of rehab/treatment he was receiving for his injury!

Rolls also has previous with West Ham and Arsenal, all of which apparently had horrendous injury records at the time he left.

Lots of City players picked up niggly injuries this season such as hamstring strains, which resulted in much longer rehab times than expected. Numerous players returned from injury only to immediately break down again and be out for the season. One player returning from a loan to help with injury cover was immediately injured and out for the season (despite playing regularly on loan).

Take a look at the link above, 9 pages of relief and details you may want to know :cry:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 05, 2021 3:34 pm

The thing is 95% of us said that stuff about Mick McCarthy but I bet Cardiff fans are relatively happy with the appointment. Fans will always bad mouth departing players and staff if everything hasn't gone their way, personally I would rather give the guys backing and support and make my own judgement on everyone. To be honest I didn't hear of much moaning in Bristol a couple of years ago when you guys were doing pretty well.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed May 05, 2021 9:52 pm

No worries . If the staff don’t come up to scratch the new USA owners WILL sack them without hesitation. USA businessmen drive a hard bargain snd EXPECT results . 2nd place is pure failure in their book . So I feel confident we are getting in the right people .

Thanks for the concern though

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 06, 2021 12:41 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:52 pm
2nd place is pure failure in their book.
True......., but that ^^^^^^ will do nicely. 👌 :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 06, 2021 8:04 am

:lol: :lol: