English Teams Doing Well!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

English Teams Doing Well!

Post by number 9 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:56 pm

Real Madrid 1 v Chelsea 1
PSG 1 v Man City 2
Man Utd 6 v 2 Roma
Villarreal 2 v Arsenal 1

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: English Teams Doing Well!

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:17 pm

Hard to believe Man City are that good. Going to PSG and winning? :shock: Wow.

They were a league one side a few years ago. (Or Division 3) There is hope. 🙏

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:26 pm

Amazing, perhaps English clubs should make a super league with just them in it? Maybe call it the Premier league or summat??

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:52 pm

I’m not letting politics ruin my love of football. I’ve survived Covid & I’ve survived being a fan of ITFC. I still love football.

saint jude

Post by saint jude » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:15 am

Too easy to say the money available to those club sides there and owners input by way of financial assistance but you go back 40 - 45 years and the UK dominated the European scene just by assembling fine teams and managers at a cut of the cost. For years people insisted the Italian league was the biggest and best, perhaps in terms of vociferous and passionate fans they may be right, but England still is prevalent in providing names for showcase events on the continent when Finals are contested.

Too commercial now for some tastes, the razzmatazz and bullshit saturation glamor has tarnished the integrity of competition but allow credit to those involved they continue to do well and put on a show.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:23 am

number 9 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:52 pm
I’m not letting politics ruin my love of football. I’ve survived Covid & I’ve survived being a fan of ITFC. I still love football.
I wasn't being entirely sarky, the amazing was genuine! :lol: I do always enjoy seeinf British teams doing well in Europe.

Lots of people were laughing at Spurs and Arsenal being in the super league and how they'd be propping up any table every year, but Serie A has seemed like a joke to me for years. I watched AC Milan in the San Siro a couple of years ago and it was dire stuff, I was just waiting for Mick McCarthy to emerge from their dugout and to spot Marcus Evans in their directors box.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:42 am

Ricco wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:23 am
number 9 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:52 pm
I wasn't being entirely sarky, the amazing was genuine! :lol: I do always enjoy seeinf British teams doing well in Europe.

Lots of people were laughing at Spurs and Arsenal being in the super league and how they'd be propping up any table every year, but Serie A has seemed like a joke to me for years. I watched AC Milan in the San Siro a couple of years ago and it was dire stuff, I was just waiting for Mick McCarthy to emerge from their dugout and to spot Marcus Evans in their directors box.
Yeah I was snickering about Spurs/Arsenal amongst the elite. I remember when the Italians dominated Europe. Things have certainly changed. I’ll be happy as long as PSG don’t win. I love seeing that over-rated Neymar cry. :lol: