Ipswich Town vs Fleetwood Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

How will we finish the season?

Ipswich Win
55%
Fleetwood Win
9%
Draw
36%

Total votes: 11

Frosty
Forum Owner

Ipswich Town vs Fleetwood Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Thu May 06, 2021 9:55 pm

ImageIpswich Town v Fleetwood Town Image

Sunday 9th May 2021 – 12:00

Portman Road

Pre-Match Thoughts - Mike

The End Of An Era..........

This Sunday's home game against Fleetwood Town not only brings down the curtain on another season it also brings down the curtain on a chapter of our history, it has to be said that it isn't a chapter that many of us will remember with any great amount of fondness or happiness. It has been a chapter of Fourteen years under the leadership of Marcus Evans, I say that because even these last few weeks with Paul Cook at the helm it is still very much under the influence of the Evans reign, same old players, same old behind the scenes set up, same old malaise among the fans, you name it it all smacks of Evans.

Normally every Football fan hates this time of year, the thought of Three months without Football is usually unbearable, even though we have not been able to attend games for over a year it would still be horrible to think of no Football action for all those Twelve weeks, this time around however it is very much a different story here in Suffolk, pretty much every single Town fan cannot wait to see the back of what has in all honesty been a torrid campaign, possibly one of if not the worst in our history, for me I feel worse this time around than I did the year we actually got relegated to League One., yes it's been that bad.

There is however some light at the end of a never ending tunnel, new owners are already in place with a promise to splash the cash, slowly the building blocks are being put in place behind the scenes while at front of house we have in a place a new manager who I must say I am delighted to have on board, Paul Cook has had a very poor start to life at Portman Road, hardly a surprise given the disgusting way his so called squad have gone about their jobs in recent weeks, having their feathers ruffled and their ego's dented has clearly hit home and it is pretty obvious they haven't liked it One bit, I have loved it !!!! This last couple of Months is no representation of Paul Cook or his managerial ability, judgement on him will start on Monday, firstly with his clear out of the dross, then his rebuilding of the squad and the quality of his signings, very quickly it will move to his tactics and brand of Football and of course RESULTS !!! I have faith we will not be disappointed.

Gamechanger have brought hope and belief that better times are ahead at a time when we desperately needed something to grasp on to, with the exception of One or Two clubs, Bury & Southend spring to mind, I would say Ipswich Town fans have had it as bad if not worse than every other Football league Clubs fans in recent years, a steady decline which year on year gets worse and worse, it just has to change, the wind of change is about to blow through the corridors of Portman Road, get this something right and close to something approaching the real ITFC and we will see Season Ticket sales going up, match days attendances will be high Teens at worst and if the bright new dawn bares early season fruit home attendances will top 20k on a regular basis no problem.

The next Three months are massive, Paul Cook needs to get the right players in, next season has to be promotion in my eyes, none of this "it takes time" nonsense, if what we are hearing is true our investment should knock 99% of League One Clubs aside with ease, the transfer window is normally non existent for us as fans, not so this time, it's gonna be an exciting few weeks. A new era is on the horizon and despite my apathy in recent months I cannot wait to be part of the rebirth of Ipswich Town Football Club, better times are coming, we are about to return. COYB'S. ITID.

Thanks to those who take the time each week to read my ramblings, I would normally say it's been a pleasure but in truth, this season... it hasn't !!! Even so it is a pleasure to be able to help Frosty in a small way and it's my thank you to him for keeping the forum alive for us. So anyway, cheers guys, that's me done. Enjoy the Summer.

The Opposition – Fleetwood Town

The current club was officially established in 1997 but, in two previous incarnations, the club's history dates back to 1908. The original club, Fleetwood F.C., were champions of the Lancashire Combination in 1923–24, and registered a hat-trick of Lancashire Combination Cup wins in 1932, 1933 and 1934. The side's goalkeeper in the first of those victories was Frank Swift, then only eighteen years old. After almost sixty years as a Lancashire Combination club, they were made founder members of the Northern Premier League in 1968. The club finished in 10th place in its first season. As the NPL was one of several leagues immediately below Division Four of the Football League, this was effectively the fifth tier of English football, and the club would not surpass this success until 2010–11. Despite winning the Northern Premier League Cup in 1971, the club languished in the lower half of the table, finishing bottom for two successive seasons (1974–75 and 1975–76) and folded in 1976 because of financial difficulties. Its great players include the late Percy Ronson, after whom one stand is named.

The club was re-established in 1977 as Fleetwood Town F.C., with many of the original personnel. Initially placed in Division One of the Cheshire League, it was moved in 1982 to the North West Counties League Division Two in its inaugural year, and promoted to Division One in 1984. The team reached the final of the FA Vase in 1985, losing 3–1 to Halesowen Town in front of a 16,000 crowd at Wembley. The club was placed in Division One (second tier) of the Northern Premier League when the league established a second tier in 1987, becoming the inaugural Division One Champions in 1988. In 1990–91 the club finished fourth in the NPL Premier Division, at the time effectively the sixth tier. However, by 1996, this second club had also folded.

Re-formed in 1997 as Fleetwood Wanderers, the club was placed back in Division One of the North West Counties Football League (now the tenth tier of the English League system) and a sponsorship deal saw the club's name immediately changed to Fleetwood Freeport F.C.. The club was promoted to the Premier Division of the North West Counties League in 1999 and renamed Fleetwood Town F.C. in 2002. Tony Greenwood was appointed manager in 2003; soon afterward, Andy Pilley took over as chairman. Successive promotions, as North West Counties League champions in 2005 and Northern Premier League First Division runners-up in 2006, saw the club reach the Northern Premier League Premier Division.

Fleetwood Town won the Northern Premier League Challenge Cup in the 2006–07 season, beating Matlock Town 1–0, and finished the season in eighth place with 67 points.

In the 2007–08 season Fleetwood won the Northern Premier League, gaining promotion to the Conference North. Along the way they set a new attendance record for the division, and were easily the best-supported team in the Premier Division.

Fleetwood started the 2008–09 Conference North season poorly; with the club at the bottom of the league, manager Tony Greenwood, along with his assistant, Nigel Greenwood and coach Andy Whittaker, were sacked. Greenwood was replaced by Micky Mellon. His position at Fleetwood was made full-time in January 2009, a first for the club.

The demise of Farsley Celtic partway through the 2009–10 was detrimental to Fleetwood's campaign, as Farsley's entire 2009–10 playing record was expunged. Fleetwood were chasing promotion along with near neighbours Southport, and the ruling cost Fleetwood three points relative to Southport. Fleetwood appealed against the decision but the appeal was rejected the day before the last match of the season, leaving Southport one point ahead. Both teams won on the final day, giving Southport the championship. Fleetwood instead had to contest the play-offs, and after beating Droylsden on penalties in the semi-final Fleetwood won promotion to the Football Conference by beating Alfreton Town 2–1 in the final.

For the 2010–11 season the club made all of its players full-time professionals, though this resulted in a few players leaving the club, including club captain Jamie Milligan. The club spent most of the season in or near the play-off positions, eventually qualifying by finishing in fifth place. In the play-off semi-finals, against Wimbledon, a new attendance record of 4,112 was set in the home leg, but Fleetwood lost both games with an 8–1 aggregate scoreline.

Fleetwood's 2011–12 season was very successful, Fleetwood went on a 29-game unbeaten run, and were declared champions with two games remaining, giving them promotion to the Football League for the first time. At the end of the season Vardy moved to Leicester City for a fee of £1m, which subsequently rose to £1.7m—a record transfer fee for a non-league club.

Fleetwood had a good start to the 2012–13 season, and had risen to third in the league after 10 games. However, they only won two of the next 10 games, slipping to sixth position; chairman Andy Pilley and manager Micky Mellon fell out, after Mellon allegedly applied for the Burnley and Blackpool managerial vacancies. On 1 December 2012, following a 3–2 defeat against Aldershot in the FA Cup, Mellon was sacked as manager of the League Two side. Graham Alexander was appointed manager on 6 December 2012. Fleetwood were unbeaten for the next five games, and after a steady run of results had risen back to fourth place after 11 games. However, Fleetwood only won two of the remaining 15 games, and consequently slipped down the table to finish 13th in League Two; this resulted in a large rebuilding of the squad.

The 2013–14 season was another successful one. Having been in and around the automatic promotion places all season and getting to the League Trophy area final, the club narrowly missed out on automatic promotion, finishing in fourth place. After beating York City in the play-off semi-final, Fleetwood beat Burton Albion 1–0 from an Antoni Sarcevic free-kick in the play-off final at Wembley on 26 May to win promotion to League One for the first time.

Playing at the club's highest level, the 2014–15 season was very successful. After three games the team was top of the league for two games, and apart from a couple of games remained in the top half of the league all season, eventually finishing in a very creditable 10th place. Also in 2014, the club purchased a 57-bedroom hotel in Blackpool for the youth team; the following year, the club started to move into its new training ground in Thornton.

2015–16 was a difficult season. In July 2015, chairman Andy Pilley announced that the club's strategic direction would move more towards a self-sustaining model utilizing the development and sell-on of home-grown talent, rather than buying in players to attempt to climb the league pyramid further. The playing budget was trimmed heavily.

After a poor start to the season with only two wins in 10 league matches, Graham Alexander was sacked on 30 September 2015, with the club one point above the relegation zone. On 6 October 2015 Steven Pressley was appointed manager. After a season flirting with the relegation zone, Pressley guided the club to safety, five points above the relegation zone, with 10 wins in 35 league matches and an appearance in the league trophy northern area final. On 20 April 2016, Sir Alex Ferguson officially opened the club's £8m Poolfoot farm training ground complex with 18 pitches including a floodlit 4G artificial pitch, gym, cafe, bar, offices, etc.

Just before the start of the 2016–17 season, on 26 July 2016, Steven Pressley resigned from his position as manager. Uwe Rösler was appointed manager on 30 July 2016 who guided the club to its highest ever finish in 4th place but was narrowly beaten 1–0 by Bradford City in the play off semi-final.

However in the 2017–18 season Uwe Rosler was sacked on 17 February 2018 after seven straight defeats in all competitions with the club just outside the relegation zone by goal difference. On 22 February 2018 John Sheridan was appointed manager on a short term contract until the end of the season who successfully guided the club away from relegation and finished mid table in 14th place.

At the beginning of 2018–19 season Joey Barton was appointed manager on 2 June 2018 who guided the club to a 11th place with victories over local rivals Blackpool and giants Sunderland.

The 2019-20 season was unusual in two ways. First, the global coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) caused an early end to the regular season in March 2020. Second, the expulsion of Bury F.C. in August 2019 from the English Football League (EFL) for financial reasons meant the season started with only 23 clubs. Teams that were in promotion playoff positions when regular matches were abandoned went on to play the playoff matches in July 2020. Fleetwood Town were in 6th position and in a positive run, being unbeaten since losing to Burton Albion on the 7th January. However, they lost to Wycombe Wanderers 6-3 on aggregate in semi-final matches played in empty stadiums.

The Manager – Simon Grayson

Form Guide

Ipswich Last 5 Matches – Currently in 9th place with 66 points

17 Apr Charlton 0 - 0 Ipswich Town

20 Apr Northampton 3 - 0 Ipswich Town

24 Apr Ipswich Town 0 - 0 AFC Wimbledon

1 May Swindon Town 1 - 2 Ipswich Town

4 May Shrewsbury 0 - 0 Ipswich Town

Fleetwood Town Last 5 Matches – Currently in 15th place with 60 points

17 Apr Hull City 2 - 1 Fleetwood

20 Apr Fleetwood 0 - 2 Crewe Alexandra

24 Apr Doncaster 0 - 1 Fleetwood

27 Apr Burton Albion 5 - 2 Fleetwood

1 May Fleetwood 1 - 1 Milton Keynes

Match Referee – John Busby

IPSWICH TOWN 1 FLEETWOOD TOWN 1

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: Ipswich Town vs Fleetwood Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Fri May 07, 2021 8:04 am

A massive thanks to Mike who tirelessly spent many hours writing up the comments each week.

They always become great starting points for a conversation and the forum would not be the same without them.

I also want to acknowledge Charny and Mike (again) for their fantastic Prediction League (and the sub competitions within it), once again many hours are given up to provide enjoyment for everyone who participates.

A thanks also to Marko, the Caption contest was suspended this season (correctly) which he always runs, however, with a brighter prospect for next season this fun competition will no doubt return and the 'Don Cup' be awarded.

All 3 mods have also been a great sounding board for me throughout the season and I am indebted to their input behind the scenes. Between the 4 of us we have very different views on things and this way we guarantee to deliver the incorrect and inconsistent outcomes on a consistent basis. :wink:

Finally, and most importantly, thank you to everyone that posts, participates, or just reads the forum. I think you are a great bunch of folks and for many of us provides a connection and insight into the club for those of us that are geographically challenged when it comes to supporting Town.

Have a fantastic summer and let's hope the 2021/22 season is something that we will all enjoy and see's the start of a new era for the club.

Take care & Best Wishes
Dave

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri May 07, 2021 8:46 am

well I don't care what happens on Sunday - I didn't watch the game on Tuesday and I certainly will not be watching this one. The last 14 years (under ME) have gradually worn me down to a point where I need a rest from ITFC, so the end of the season could not have come at a better time.

Hopefully there will be events and happenings during the close season that will re-kindle my interest and enthusiasm.

We have new owners and a new manager who are all talking a very good game - but I have heard that same talking a few times through the ME reign only to be disappointed with the actual outcomes. Hopefully things will be different this time - I will be watching developments over the next few weeks with interest.

Hope you all have a good summer, and let's hope that things do change for the better next season.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:03 pm

Unlike Rossi, I do care what happens on Sunday. I want proper roasted spuds ...... not those dry, flakey, aunt bessies frozen roasties like last Sunday! 🤮
(Hallam says: “Make yer own tatties ya sexist tw@t” )

Thanks an absolute million for another season of previews and opinions, Mike. Can’t speak for everyone, but, (for me) they’re mainly why I’ll always return to this forum. A very well earned three months off! :D 👍👌

Draw in this one and then that’ll be that. But even if a loss, (as Rossi properly alluded to) , no one really cares. But I do hope the lads give it their all and at least finish the season on a very VERY small high.

Ref caption:
Headline:
“REFEREE PANICS WHEN HE FINDS OUT JAMES NORWOOD KNOWS HES GOT STEAK BAKES IN HIS ROOM”

Simon Grayson caption:
Guy talking to Simon: “Didn’t you used to have hair down to here? How’d you get so bald?”

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri May 07, 2021 7:08 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:03 pm
Unlike Rossi, I do care what happens on Sunday. I want proper roasted spuds ...... not those dry, flakey, aunt bessies frozen roasties like last Sunday! 🤮

Thanks an absolute million for another season of previews and opinions, Mike. Can’t speak for everyone, but, (for me) they’re mainly why I’ll always return to this forum. A very well earned three months off! :D 👍👌

Draw in this one and then that’ll be that. But even if a loss, (as Rossi properly alluded to) , no one really cares. But I do hope the lads give it their all and at least finish the season on a very VERY small high.

Ref caption:
Headline:
REFEREE PANICS WHEN HE FINDS OUT JAMES NORWOOD KNOWS HES GOT STEAK BAKES IN HIS ROOM”

Simon Grayson caption:
Guy talking to Simon: “Didn’t you used to have hair down to here? How’d you get so bald?”
Norwood doing an interview and discussing social media abuse.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-ne ... onal-lives

Personally I’m called fat, unfit, lazy, unprofessional and it just so happens I live with the top goalscorer in England [Cambridge United’s Paul Mullin] and he hasn’t had an injury and eats the same food as me for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
There’s this one Scottish bloke who’s always going on about me eating steak bakes. I never touch them. Wanker!”

Actually, he comes across pretty well in his interviews. Better than on Twitter.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 07, 2021 8:02 pm

Would be excellent if he could be an influence in luring Paul Mullin to come here.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:03 pm

2020 was a difficult year for me, just like it was for so many. Some of us have lost loved ones and jobs. This forum has been an outlet for me to escape the trials and tribulations of life in general, even though the team we all love so much has left a lot more to be desired.

Thanks to Frosty and the Mods for keeping it interesting, engaging in conversations and balancing the many personalities and opinions expressed on the forum.

I look forward to seeing Bluemike’s Phoenix Rising match previews through out the summer. Just joking! :lol:

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Fri May 07, 2021 10:00 pm

Phoenix Rising Mike. Now that's an idea😁😁👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 07, 2021 10:06 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:08 pm
marko69 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:03 pm

Ref caption:
Headline:
REFEREE PANICS WHEN HE FINDS OUT JAMES NORWOOD KNOWS HES GOT STEAK BAKES IN HIS ROOM”

Simon Grayson caption:
Norwood doing an interview and discussing social media abuse.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-ne ... onal-lives

Personally I’m called fat, unfit, lazy, unprofessional and it just so happens I live with the top goalscorer in England [Cambridge United’s Paul Mullin] and he hasn’t had an injury and eats the same food as me for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
There’s this one Scottish bloke who’s always going on about me eating steak bakes. I never touch them. Wanker!”

Actually, he comes across pretty well in his interviews. Better than on Twitter.
:lol: 👍

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat May 08, 2021 7:19 am

Yep - thanks to everyone for their work on the site. I hate social media generally (even though I work in the Telecoms industry) and I can't stand TWTD but find this forum an OK place to talk all things Ipswich Town related. We all have our differences on occasions but thats normal and lets hope we can all het behind a promotion push next season. Just imagine a season that is 'fun' again, with a rocking Portman Road, some good away trips and a party at the end! 🍺🍻🕺💃🤮

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat May 08, 2021 9:51 am

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:19 am
Yep - thanks to everyone for their work on the site. I hate social media generally (even though I work in the Telecoms industry) and I can't stand TWTD but find this forum an OK place to talk all things Ipswich Town related. We all have our differences on occasions but thats normal and lets hope we can all het behind a promotion push next season. Just imagine a season that is 'fun' again, with a rocking Portman Road, some good away trips and a party at the end! 🍺🍻🕺💃🤮
Echo those sentiments Blue Wilf. I don't like TWTD and do not entertain Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Etc, so this is (and official ITFC site) my go to platform. There is a nice balance of consistent views on here and it is nice to read different aspects. Hopefully with a successful start to next season there might be a return of some old members, plus some new members and maybe some Phoenix rising fan input? Who knows!

Huge praise to all the Mods, especially in what has been an awful season. Mike's previews must have been so difficult to find the will to be able write something on each depressing occasion. Thank you all.

As for the Fleetwood game. I see another improved (does not take much!) performane, albeit a low scoring game. Hopefully a few swan song efforts in what will hopefully be a last appearance wearing the proud Suffolk Punch-badged shirt of Ipswich Town for many players.

1-0 victory.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 08, 2021 12:00 pm

Frosty, Marko and everyone, thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. I think at times I have found it really tough to think of what to write if I am honest, it is supposed to be an uplifting read to get people in the mood for the game etc but I know sometimes in the last few weeks it has been a depressing read, reading it back has told me that myself, there have been times I have sat looking at a blank screen and thinking to myself it is gonna be the same as last week, and the week before etc etc.

I am sure better times are ahead and we can all look forward to match day again with renewed belief and enjoyment, the Summer months are going to be really interesting as we build up to the new campaign. I hope everyone has a fab Summer as life starts to get back to normal at last. Roll on next season !!! Ipswich Til I Die.

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Sat May 08, 2021 1:26 pm

As a new poster here I want to thank you all for allowing me to air my thoughts here from time to time and for engaging with my posts so positively.

It's been a tough season for us as supporters. Not being able to attend matches because of this cursed plague has been bad enough, but suffering the slings and arrows of our many awful performances has been pure torture at times.

The one constant has been the many thoughtful, sometimes contrarian, always entertaining thoughts of the members of this forum. Long may the forum last.

I have high hopes for next season and, in the meantime, hope everyone has a really great Summer. Thanks again.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat May 08, 2021 5:09 pm

Hey yeah echo all the above.

Being an Ipswich supporter is a special thing - a supporter of a history of integrity, entertainment and honesty in an increasingly cynical elite sport. Keep the faith - let’s hope we’ve finally turned the corner and we’ll have so much to cheer next year. Big thanks to all the mods and contributors for keeping the flame alive

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat May 08, 2021 5:30 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:00 pm
Frosty, Marko and everyone, thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. I think at times I have found it really tough to think of what to write if I am honest, it is supposed to be an uplifting read to get people in the mood for the game etc but I know sometimes in the last few weeks it has been a depressing read, reading it back has told me that myself, there have been times I have sat looking at a blank screen and thinking to myself it is gonna be the same as last week, and the week before etc etc.

I am sure better times are ahead and we can all look forward to match day again with renewed belief and enjoyment, the Summer months are going to be really interesting as we build up to the new campaign. I hope everyone has a fab Summer as life starts to get back to normal at last. Roll on next season !!! Ipswich Til I Die.
Let's hope you have it really tough next season trying to think what to write week after week about win after win, seriously though many thanks to you and all for giving us a pretty good site.👍

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sat May 08, 2021 9:44 pm

Yep many thanks for all who give up their free time to create, curate and moderate this site. Especially those who work on these previews which are in my view top notch. Mike, I have to tell you that I ALWAYS read your preview comments and whilst I don't always share your opinion I do think that these pieces always manage to capture the current mean view of this site's regulars at each point in time that they are written. Really excellent job 'bro.

Have a great Summer all, enjoy the sunshine and buckle up for what is sure to be an exciting season to come.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat May 08, 2021 10:18 pm

Required to see the opposition last five score as no idea as what we're going to face tomorrow or what form they got. Need to get over the obvious chance we had a month or two back of claiming a top six finish, another play off shot would have added something extra but any level of regret and disdain won't get you very far. Players decided to give up and f*ck any opportunity out there, you got to rise above it.

Thanks to those involved in putting together once again a comprehensive and colorful insight by way of game previews. Feel its wasted sometimes due to the small number of participants we get but offers key information and fine presentation.

Went for a home team win, the game itself is essentially immaterial but would want to end on a victory. I hope the players don't embark on an obligatory lap of honor after the game as someone feel they don't quite warrant it. Another sh*t season, had enough of them by now but got to believe in better with the changes made last few weeks. Not expecting great things ahead but a marked improvement on what's come before is a fair asking price a necessity also.

Ipswich. 1. Fleetwood 0

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 09, 2021 10:35 am

Dubai Blue wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:44 pm
I do think that these pieces always manage to capture the current mean view of this site's regulars at each point in time that they are written. Really excellent job 'bro.
Yep, 👌, very well said.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun May 09, 2021 11:31 am

Like so many here I would also like to say my thanks and gratitude's to everybody connected to this forum, especially Mike, Marko, Frosty, Charny

Mike, these write ups have been honestly sometimes been the best read and help to keep the love affair with football and more so Ipswich

Lets all hope for better things to come, can't get much worse.. Can they?

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Sun May 09, 2021 12:01 pm

Thanks to all involved. Next season will be brilliant!! COYB

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 09, 2021 12:05 pm

Great start, 1-0 Norwood, excellent work Dobra

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 09, 2021 12:05 pm

Gooooal Norwood 👍 made by Dobs good man

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 09, 2021 12:08 pm

Norwood looks to be injured again .... hobbling 🙄

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 09, 2021 12:10 pm

2-0 Edwards, we're on 🔥 lol

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun May 09, 2021 12:13 pm

only 46 games bit late but enjoying this

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 09, 2021 12:14 pm

Twooooooooo nil!!!

Very good start in this dead rubber of a game .

In many respects I almost feel a bit angry . Now we do this when it doesn’t matter anymore 🤷‍♀️...... or is it a case of the players finally starting to get what PC wants them to do ?

Am I being harsh ?

osborne77

Post by osborne77 » Sun May 09, 2021 12:17 pm

Yet another thank you post to Mike, Frosty, everyone else who keeps the forum going and the regular posters too. For people like me, who don't get to games and are not masochistic enough to pay £10 for the regular disappointment this season, it's a vital source of real information and opinion to balance what you get from Radio Suffolk and the print media. This year, you guys have shown more commitment to the club than many of the players, and God knows how you've managed to maintain the enthusiasm and quality. It really is a funny old business being a football fan sometimes when you compare it to other relationships you choose to have in your life! Here's looking forward to a summer of sensible, well thought out signings of players who actually look like they want to be here.

As I've been writing this town have scored two goals. Maybe I should post more often during games!!! Cheers all.
Last edited by osborne77 on Sun May 09, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 09, 2021 12:17 pm

Bye bye Edwards 👋

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun May 09, 2021 12:17 pm

We could win the league with this team 😉😂😂😂

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 09, 2021 12:18 pm

I made the point last week there are early signs of the Paul Cook influence starting to come through and its there today.