Another one bites the dust

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Another one bites the dust

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 10, 2021 6:25 pm

Town have confirmed the departures of out-of-contract quartet Freddie Sears, James Wilson, Emyr Huws and Tristan Nydam.

Sears, 31, had been expected to go having been in and out of the side this season. The striker had been with the Blues since January 2015 when he was part of the side which reached the Championship play-offs.

Centre-half Wilson, 32, named Player of the Year at the weekend, joined the club in the summer of 2019 following a successful trial having left Lincoln City.

Midfielder Huw, 27, joined the Blues initially on loan from Cardiff in January 2017 and impressed in the remaining months of that season, most famously scoring the third goal in the 3-1 win over Newcastle at Portman Road.

The Wales international joined on a permanent basis that summer on a free transfer but injury limited his involvement in the following campaigns and his exit comes as little shock.

Nydam, 21, came through the academy but saw his progress hit by a broken leg and damaged ankle ligaments suffered in pre-season ahead of 2019/20.

The Zimbabwe-born Colchester-raised midfielder returned to first team action last month and looked to have caught manager Cook’s eye, so it had been anticipated that he would win a new deal.

As reported earlier, Town have taken the options on Kayden Jackson and Janoi Donacien’s contracts and they are yet to make announcements on Teddy Bishop, Toto Nsiala, Gwion Edwards, Aaron Drinan, Ben Morris, Idris El Mizouni, Liam Gibbs, Bailey Clements, Levi Andoh, Bert White and Tommy Hughes.

Of those, Town have options to keep Bishop, Nsiala, Morris, El Mizouni, Clements, Andoh, White and Hughes.

We understand Bishop has made enough appearances to automatically trigger an additional year with the Blues and a number of other players' options have also been exercised. As previously reported, young midfielder Gibbs has already been offered a contract.

Manager Cook, who has made little secret of his frustrations and dissatisfaction with the players he inherited, met with the squad individually today.

TWTD understands that in addition to the released out-of contract players, a number of those whose deals still have time to run have been told that the club will listen to offers should they come in.
A little surprised by Nydam but all good news

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon May 10, 2021 6:25 pm

Is anyone else shocked to see Wilson go?

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon May 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Huws Sears Wilson and Nydam gone, I'm a bit surprised with Nydam and Wilson more to follow.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon May 10, 2021 6:33 pm

Town have taken up the options on Kayden Jackson, Toto Nsiala, Janoi Donacien, Aaron Drinan and Idris El Mizouni that will see them extend their stay at Portman Road for at least another year.

Teddy Bishop will also be at the Club having triggered an extension.

👇 #itfc

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Mon May 10, 2021 6:33 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:26 pm
Huws Sears Wilson and Nydam gone, I'm a bit surprised with Nydam and Wilson more to follow.
Would of kept Wilson & Nydam

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon May 10, 2021 6:38 pm

Not as many being released as I thought so that means less new players arriving especially as Cook wants a smaller squad.

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon May 10, 2021 6:40 pm

I read that we have kept some Players on for the Extra Year so we can get a Fee for them.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon May 10, 2021 6:42 pm

Town have taken up the options on Kayden Jackson, Toto Nsiala, Janoi Donacien, Aaron Drinan and Idris El Mizouni that will see them extend their stay at Portman Road for at least another year.

Teddy Bishop will also be at the Club having triggered an extension.”

No idea why they want to keep Drinan. Fair play to the lad.... he tries, but has no real quality and has no goals in him. I was hoping for a bit more of a cull TBH.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon May 10, 2021 6:49 pm

TWTD understands that in addition to the released out-of contract players, a number of those whose deals still have time to run have been told that the club will listen to offers should they come in.

Not surprising 😂

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 10, 2021 6:52 pm

We may have triggered the one year options but it doesn't mean they will be staying

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon May 10, 2021 6:55 pm

How many leavers do we have in total so far, these are the ones I have clocked;

Luke Chambers
Emyr Huws
Alan Judge
Tristan Nydam
Cole Skuse
Freddie Sears
Cole Skuse
Stephen Ward
James Wilson

... are there any more ?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon May 10, 2021 6:56 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:52 pm
We may have triggered the one year options but it doesn't mean they will be staying
Maybe it just means we want a fee ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 10, 2021 6:57 pm

I think they are the confirmed ones yes, obviously the Five loanees have departed too, I think there is more to come though like Clements, Morris etc etc.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 10, 2021 6:58 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:56 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Exactly that Andy, its shrewd business sense for me.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon May 10, 2021 7:02 pm

Bluemike wrote:
:) If Ashton can shift that lot for a few quid - he’s a f**king genius. There are so many players now out of contract that most clubs will go only for freebies. Who’s going to pay money for someone like Drinan? For me, these expiring contracts were a godsend - a no-brainer to say goodbye. A couple of weeks ago Cook was screaming how crap this whole squad was.... now he’s giving out extensions to players he couldn’t get anything out of. Hmmmm... not what I was expecting.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 10, 2021 7:03 pm

Just seen Nydam has been released . Have to say I’m surprised and disappointed tbh 🙁

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon May 10, 2021 7:07 pm

So it looks like we have around 18 senior players and if Cook wants a smaller squad as he has said how many will he bring in ?

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon May 10, 2021 7:13 pm

Waiting to see about Edwards! Guessing some negotiating must be going on still, but don't really want to see him in an Ipswich shirt again!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon May 10, 2021 7:13 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:07 pm
So it looks like we have around 18 senior players and if Cook wants a smaller squad as he has said how many will he bring in ?
Also, there’s a limit of 20 over 21 year olds allowed in a squad. Players like Drinan and Donacien are over 21 and take up squad space. Don’t think this will be the squad overhaul we were expecting.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 10, 2021 7:14 pm

I think we need to wait and see the bigger picture, he has openly said there will be a lot of new faces and I see no reason to doubt that, some of these will still be moving on despite extensions etc.

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon May 10, 2021 7:20 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:56 pm
Bluemike wrote:
That's what i read this Morning. We paid £1.6 Million for Jackson so would want to get at least some of that back.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 10, 2021 7:20 pm

The Tristan Nydam news is actually not that bad if you look at this from a different angle.
I’ve witnessed the lad “live” when he was at St J, (clearly their best player when he was at Easter Road)....... and witnessed him in a few highlights at ITFC.... he’s a decent football player.

BUT...... Cookie is thinking otherwise.
This can only mean Cookie has BETTER in his sights.

Really hope Tristan prospers elsewhere, (and will watch his career as it unfolds)...... but onwards and upwards, Mr Cook. Show Us what you’ve got.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon May 10, 2021 7:24 pm

I can't see anyone buying them but some will go out on loan I expect, maybe Cook has some young players in mind but I would have liked experienced players coming in.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Anyone get why the hell we are keep Drinan??

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon May 10, 2021 8:47 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:32 pm
Nope, stunned by this decision. If he’s that well-thought of - why hasn’t he featured more? Taking up a space in the squad and offers nothing but a lot of running about. Take away Norwood, and our other contracted strikers are Jackson, Drinan and Hawkins. They’ve all scored just one goal each. If this is shrewd business so we can sell on... I fail to see who would take them on. Who wants strikers who can’t score - apart from us? Not adding up at the moment.... but early days.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Mon May 10, 2021 8:51 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Maybe he makes a really really good cup of tea? Or he knows how to cut oranges into perfect segments?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:09 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:51 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Maybe he makes a really really good cup of tea? Or he knows how to cut oranges into perfect segments?
:lol:

(Norwood misses sitter)
Paul Cook: “AHHHH FFS!!! 🤬. AARON,GET THE FKN KETTLE ON!”

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Mon May 10, 2021 9:15 pm

Cook is more of a coffee man I think...... so maybe drinan makes lattes? Either way, I think Norwood eats all the biscuits

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:22 pm

“CappuCino, boss?”
“Yeah, get him on. Those Italians know how to score!”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 10, 2021 9:23 pm

Must admit I thought Drinan would be on his way and I can't but help think he will be, there's a lot more to come out yet.