Another one bites the dust

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Another one bites the dust

Post by marko69 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:25 pm

If he was pants at Ayr, he’ll be unbelievable skidmarked boxer shorts for Ipswich.

Hope that McGavin dude is off to sit on Havant & Waterloovilles bench?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:30 pm

What if Nydam asked to leave?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:31 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:30 pm
I’ve actually heard through the grapevine that he did, 9. Didn’t want to say though. Apparently it’s his lifelong ambition to play for Colchester. 🤷‍♂️

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 10, 2021 10:47 pm

:lol: :lol:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue May 11, 2021 6:57 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:23 pm
Must admit I thought Drinan would be on his way and I can't but help think he will be, there's a lot more to come out yet.
He’s the one that confuses me most. If we wanted him gone then it’s easy to not extend. He has no value.

I’m sure Jackson has been given an extension for re-sale. Doesn’t fit here and there was interest last summer. His value must have plummeted in the last year, though. Maybe reading too much into Donacien, but maybe Fleetwood want him and he could be a makeweight for Wes Burns. Donacien doesn’t fit the mould of an attacking FB. Even if he’s back up, there’s ever chance he’d have to step in for KVY for a long period. So I hope they’ve extended Donacien’s contract for re-sale.

With the dust settling, they’ve pretty much got rid of all the old guard. No sell on value there.
In some ways, I’d prefer Wilson to Toto, but he’s 32 and injury-prone. Toto’s a bit younger, fitter and can do a job at this level.

I’m hoping there’s going to be a lot more wheeling and dealing. To bring a lot of players in, we still have to get rid of quite a few.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue May 11, 2021 7:01 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:31 pm
number 9 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:30 pm
I’ve actually heard through the grapevine that he did, 9. Didn’t want to say though. Apparently it’s his lifelong ambition to play for Colchester. 🤷‍♂️
Wouldn’t surprise me. Judge is now a target for Col U along with chambers, Skuse and Sears. If that happens - half their team would be ex-ITFC.

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue May 11, 2021 7:53 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:55 pm
How many leavers do we have in total so far, these are the ones I have clocked;

Luke Chambers
Emyr Huws
Alan Judge
Tristan Nydam
Cole Skuse
Freddie Sears
Cole Skuse
Stephen Ward
James Wilson

... are there any more ?
yep - that's about it, along with the loan players of course.

I can't in all honesty say it smacks of 'Demolition Man' - I'm really disappointed TBH.

And I don't believe for a minute the theory that we have retained Donacien and Jackson as a shrewd business move.
Assuming that some other club is daft enough to pay anything for them (considering how many frees there will be available), what's the most we could realistically expect to get for them?..........

Donacien - 50k
Jackson - 150k

If we are looking to recoup such a small amount, what does that tell you about the supposed funding in place for next season?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 11, 2021 8:53 am

One thing it hopefully tells me Gary is that our new owners are not prepared to just p*ss good money away like many of their predecessors have done, even 100k is worth having whether they are loaded or not. I still think its shrewd business sense and the club may even have word already that people are keen on Donacien or Jackson, it would make little sense in having these options in place if we aren't going to use them, for me the worst that could happen is we are lumbered with Two squad players who we have to pay but even then at this level they should bring something to the table, Donacien clearly has at other clubs.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue May 11, 2021 9:12 am

Too early to tell if it’s shrewd business.

If we are to get any money.... it will be in the lower hundred K’s.

Not being sniffy about this amount of cash, but it could backfire where we’re lumbered once more with players we don’t want. It wouldn’t be shrewd if that happened. The best bit of business is getting out of this league.

Not sure if it’s relevant, but I think our budget is based on 60% of revenue (financial fair play). Are we looking to sell and make revenue - so we’re allowed to have a bigger budget?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 11, 2021 9:35 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:53 am
One thing it hopefully tells me Gary is that our new owners are not prepared to just p*ss good money away like many of their predecessors have done, even 100k is worth having whether they are loaded or not. I still think its shrewd business sense and the club may even have word already that people are keen on Donacien or Jackson, it would make little sense in having these options in place if we aren't going to use them, for me the worst that could happen is we are lumbered with Two squad players who we have to pay but even then at this level they should bring something to the table, Donacien clearly has at other clubs.
This is where Evans so monumental wasteful imo. I don’t think he ever bothered to get a feee for departing players did .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 11, 2021 9:36 am

Of course it could just be Cook does want them, I hope not but its possible, Jackson in the right formation would do ok, that won't be here by the looks of it.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 11, 2021 9:37 am

tangfastic wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:12 am

Not being sniffy about this amount of cash, but it could backfire where we’re lumbered once more with players we don’t want. It wouldn’t be shrewd if that happened. The best bit of business is getting out of this league.

Not sure if it’s relevant, but I think our budget is based on 60% of revenue (financial fair play). Are we looking to sell and make revenue - so we’re allowed to have a bigger budget?
Yes tang you’re right re 60% ....so every £ coming into the Club is vital . I think this is why the owners have head hunted Ashton. He has a record of making money .

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue May 11, 2021 9:41 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:53 am
I agree that Donacian is worth keeping as a squad player - he hasnt impressed our previous managers but he's done ok on loan.

But Jackson??? Total waste of space - never was and never will be good enough even at this level.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue May 11, 2021 9:47 am

Having an option in place gives us the upper hand if a player exceeds expectations and their value increases meaning they can’t walk away on a free. Not sure that’s the case here.
If Jackson had scored 15-20 goals - it would be a no-brainer to extend and we’d get good money OR he’d be a very useful player for us. Anyone who wants to buy him now, knows he’s not really part of Cook’s plans and has only scored one goal this season. They’ll have the upper hand on negotiations.

We’ll see how it works out. If we are trying to make a few quid, it’s a lot extra work (and risk) when we should be trying to focus on just bringing in players, instead of both selling and buying.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Tue May 11, 2021 9:47 am

After the cull yesterday below is basically what is left 21 players to build for the future plus any additions Cook may bring in. We need a Goalkeeper, Left Back, Centre Half, Midfielder that scores goals and a striker who does not need 4 chances to score 1.

Holy
Cornell

KVY
Donacien
Kenlock
Wolfenden
Nsiala
Ndaba

Downes
Dozzell
Nolan
Bishop

McGavin
El Mizouni
Edwards (If he re signs)
Lankester
Dobra

Jackson
Norwood
Hawkins
Drinan

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue May 11, 2021 10:38 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:37 am
tangfastic wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:12 am

Yes tang you’re right re 60% ....so every £ coming into the Club is vital . I think this is why the owners have head hunted Ashton. He has a record of making money .
Yes, he has made good money for BC. Then again, he had better players to move on to PL clubs. It’s going to be a tough sell to move Jackson, Donacien, Drinan on. And likely to L1 or L2 clubs who don’t have much cash. Good luck to him... he’s got his work cut out. I have a worrying feeling we’re going to be stuck with some of these players.
If he wants to generate cash then players like Downes or Dozzell are more easier and profitable to move on.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue May 11, 2021 11:24 am

Don't forget that a number of the players that have been retained have been told that the club will consider offers. It's hardly motivating so agents will be working overtime to find deals. We can probably list them as all but purged also.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:26 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:24 am
....agents will be working overtime to find deals.
Yep. Maybe only one round of golf in a day. Nightmare! 🤦‍♂️

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:25 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Don't forget that a number of the players that have been retained have been told that the club will consider offers. It's hardly motivating so agents will be working overtime to find deals. We can probably list them as all but purged also.
Maybe they'll be loaned out to Phoenix Rising?...Nah, they're not good enough! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:44 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:25 pm
Dubai Blue wrote:
Maybe they'll be loaned out to Phoenix Rising?...Nah, they're not good enough! :lol:
Elsie Tanner starting a team?

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue May 11, 2021 5:55 pm

Nash is the latest after being at Town since 2002 😩

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 11, 2021 6:15 pm

Good, plenty of dross being shipped out.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue May 11, 2021 7:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:15 pm
Good, plenty of dross being shipped out.
I think I’m in the same boat. No offence to Nash and I’m not criticising him, but there’s no jobs for life in football. He’s only 34. Dyer took his job a year ago and just looks like they’ve just found him a job.
We’ve been so sh*t for a long I can’t be bothered being sentimental anymore.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 11, 2021 8:54 pm

I'm the same Tang.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 11, 2021 10:30 pm

Yip, new brush sweeps clean and all that. Open all the doors and windows and get some fresh air running through the Club It’s been stagnant and stale for nigh on 20 years now. Can’t wait f9r the new season to start 👍🥳🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 12, 2021 12:26 pm

Good !!!!! Bugger off
Town winger Gwion Edwards is reported to have held talks with the MK Dons.

As reported on Monday, the Welshman is out of contract but with the Blues continuing discussions with the former Peterborough wideman regarding a new deal.

Now Football League World is reporting that Edwards, who was linked with Sunderland and Preston in April, has held talks with MK about potentially joining them this summer.

Edwards, 28, moved to Town from Posh for £700,000 in the summer of 2018. He has made 82 starts and 27 sub appearances for the Blues, scoring 14 times.

Meanwhile, Huddersfield are reported to be the frontrunners to sign ex-Blues striker Jordan Rhodes when he leaves Sheffield Wednesday this summer.

It’s reported that a deal which will see the 31-year-old return to the Terriers, another of his former clubs, is well advanced despite reported interest from the Blues and even a claim they have offered the Scotland international a contract.

His father Andy, Town’s one-time keeper-coach, is the striker’s agent and has been spotted at a number of recent Huddersfield matches, although he has also attended at least one recent Town game.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu May 13, 2021 7:06 am

Looks like the purge will continue. Find a club, boys!

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-t ... ve-7969388

I’m not sure we can get any significant fees for these players, but they could be used as makeweights. I’ll offer you a Jonai Donacien for a Wes Burns.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu May 13, 2021 8:15 am

tangfastic wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:06 am
Looks like the purge will continue. Find a club, boys!

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-t ... ve-7969388

I’m not sure we can get any significant fees for these players, but they could be used as makeweights. I’ll offer you a Jonai Donacien for a Wes Burns.
Why would they try to keep Edwards but not want Dobra Dozzell Downes? if true that almost all the players have been told to find a club we are in trouble those that can't won't try and he can't get a whole new side in and have a realistic chance of promotion.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu May 13, 2021 8:41 am

I’m of the opinion that this club has needed a complete shake up both on and off the pitch for a long time.
It certainly looks like we are now getting it and although it maybe a risky strategy I much prefer this than to continue like we have in the past. Yes we might question why certain players have been told they can leave but we don’t see them on a day to day basis and their attitude in training.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 13, 2021 6:09 pm

I bet just about every manager in the game , wish they were coming into a situation that Paul Cook now finds himself in...

1) “ substantial financial backing exists “
2) Almost all senior players contracts are finished in June
3) Manager has mandate for complete clear out of any staff he wants and any players he wants to offload.
4) !anger hasn’t got to worry about “ negotiation” for players either exiting or coming in.

The only downside perhaps , is PC may be expected to gain promotion next season....he might not get two go’s at it.