Stoke in the mire ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Stoke in the mire ?

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 30, 2021 12:50 pm

Yet another club potentially in big trouble, 88 Million in Debt and looking at maybe having to sell their stadium, you have to feel for them, after the way we were mis managed for years building up obscene debt we really should be grateful to ME and more so Gamechanger in wiping out all our debts, lucky lucky lucky.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... 1622136922

hallamblue

Re: Stoke in the mire ?

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 30, 2021 9:26 pm

Many more Clubs to follow I fear. The game has been ruined IMo. And Clubs are chasing the dream, and spending way beyond their means. The players and their agents don’t help. Only grabbing shits , the lot of em.

Aren’t Derby likely to be deducted 12 points either this season just gone.( meaning Rotherham would stay up )...or next season ?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun May 30, 2021 9:40 pm

Can't even label them a big club. Only trophy can recall won were back in the early 70's, don't remember much since then. Maybe they had their time before that but think maybe that's all their winning history amounts to.

Moving from the Victoria Ground were a mistake, it were a tough venue to get anything from and while teams require to move with the times and relocate to bigger and better arena it doesn't always work for the better.

They may have their problems as it stands but recognized teams in financial dire straits seem a dime a dozen you come across the situation all too often. I don't get to see what they do on the field but arguably overshadowed by bigger names around them like Derby, both Sheffield teams and Forest in terms of location. Am sure they'll find a way to right the wrongs and stabilize any predicament. It's not like they're going to non-exist or cease to continue.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon May 31, 2021 7:39 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 9:26 pm
Many more Clubs to follow I fear. The game has been ruined IMo. And Clubs are chasing the dream, and spending way beyond their means. The players and their agents don’t help. Only grabbing shits , the lot of em.

Aren’t Derby likely to be deducted 12 points either this season just gone.( meaning Rotherham would stay up )...or next season ?
I expect the legal challenges &c will take them well into the next season so the chances of Derby saving Rotherham are pretty low IMO. But relegation next season will be on the cards with the 12 point penalty, along with difficulty holding onto better players. Let's hope we pass them on the way.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 31, 2021 8:13 pm

Thanks for that DB, and suspect you are right re a long winded fight to avoid the 12 point penalty. But IMO it’s long overdue for Derby.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:39 am

Actually if I read it right, there is very little chance of them avoiding the 12 point penalty. What I imagine they will try to do though is to make sure that the implementation of it is delayed enough by legal challenges that it becomes impossible to apply it to the season just finished.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:48 am

I think there is a battle going on between Derby and the EFL , most definitely. I hope the EFL win!