Third wave of CoVid to hit UK?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Third wave of CoVid to hit UK?

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 31, 2021 11:02 pm

It seems this is becoming more and more a possibility. In fact a Dr who I’m friendly with, said CoVid could be with us until 2023. Now, I don’t know if she meant Worldwide, of just the UK! Either way it’s going to be a PITA for us all isn’t it . Hearing about this potential 3rd wave makes me now wonder if the coming season will be affected adversely. It could see off many 3rd tier clubs if “ no fans” present at matches continues.

Worrying times for us all, not least for health and welfare reasons: stay safe guys x

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Third wave of CoVid to hit UK?

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:11 am

I don't get why anyone would be surprised at a slight rise in cases once things start opening up again, it was always going to happen, I personally don't see a third wave being anywhere near as severe as the previous Two, the vaccine roll out will see to that.

It didn't go unnoticed that yesterday the official figures for England recorded not a single covid related death, didn't see that mentioned much on the news etc. The government should press on with its plans for June 21st irrespective of what goes on, there are far more issues to be dealt with for everyone long after this virus buggers off. I think the fact hospitalisations, deaths and people ending up in CCU are all pretty low now highlights the progress being made and that is due to it being much younger people who are now getting the virus.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:50 am

Hear hear, can't disagree with that, I just hope the vaccine development can keep up with the virus' development! Until the whole world gets on top of vaccinations, then there will always be large outbreak populations, like in India, cooking up vaccine resistant strains to fire around the world and make a mess again.

Vaccines will get on top of it, it's just impossible to say how long that will take I guess. I agree future spikes should be blunted by vaccines, but we could certainly be in for another painful winter.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:45 am

Very true the vaccine is earning its corn isn't it, and CoVid deaths are very much reduced. But the rate of infection / transmission, as I understand it , from this Indian variant is actually more contagious. The scientists are urging the Government not to relax restrictions on June 21st, because the 3rd wave is predicted to hit . Wait and see I guess.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:41 pm

Unable to speak for all the nations of the world but hasn't escaped attention the Copa America has been moved from it's intended venue of Argentina up to Brazil in light of rapid increasing pandemic numbers (and political unrest) Remember a news item earlier in the year that the world may never be fully free of the Covid-19 virus, OK they're rushing out jabs and immunization procedures but it's never going to be a full-on solution to what began and will invariably rise and continue.

There's a large number - and here where the problem lies - of people who don't ideally give a sh*t about taking precautions and adhering to government guidelines. The two meter rule seems at times non-existent wherever you go and many won't wear face coverings, maybe they're just pig-headed or think they're above it. Believe some - if not many - just want to hit the beaches and public parks, gather in numbers and drink their alcohol, swarming like flies. All right there's going to be some frustration built up over time over lack of involvement but easing of restrictions as you go along, many are just going to dive headlong into their 'usual' routines and not give a thought to any adverse reaction it may bring about.

Just a mixture of apathy, stupidity and single-mindedness among many that conditions haven't - or won't - improve as they should. Don't be surprised when situations come back with a vengeance and f*ck a great many in the as*. Unfortunate, but in no way surprising.