Supposed salaries of Town players last year

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Supposed salaries of Town players last year

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:07 am

Bennett’s ???? :shock: And he was utter shyte

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-be ... wich-town/

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Supposed salaries of Town players last year

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:10 am

All the w*nkers at the top, Huws and Sears ffs

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:30 am

Bennett’s not just top but by a country mile..

Did Ipswich do any homework on him? Really is utter disgraceful how if this article is correct on wages how that tool not only on highest wage but yet so far above the next in line.. That must of effected other players seeing Bennett's wages.

Bit surprised Kayden is so far down the list and Flynn also

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:36 am

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:30 am

Did Ipswich do any homework on him? Really is utter disgraceful how if this article is correct on wages how that tool not only on highest wage but yet so far above the next in line.. That must of effected other players seeing Bennett's wages.

We very likely payed only a fraction of Bennetts wages. His host club pays the vast majority of that.

I’m not that convinced how accurate these wages are anyway.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:23 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:36 am
Steve and Jo wrote:

We very likely payed only a fraction of Bennetts wages. His host club pays the vast majority of that.

Yes i know, but my point is, if bringing somebody in on those wages whether club pays, all, half or whatever still means that player has to perform for team moral. In my opinion Edwards is much better player than Bennett, can only imagine his thoughts if he knew how much Bennett's reportedly was on

What I saw of Bennett's wasn't enough to be on a quarter of that if those figures are correct

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:45 am

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:23 am
tangfastic wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:36 am
Steve and Jo wrote:

Yes i know, but my point is, if bringing somebody in on those wages whether club pays, all, half or whatever still means that player has to perform for team moral. In my opinion Edwards is much better player than Bennett, can only imagine his thoughts if he knew how much Bennett's reportedly was on

What I saw of Bennett's wasn't enough to be on a quarter of that if those figures are correct
Maybe that’s why Edwards starting crossing and shooting into the stands like Bennetts did - he wanted 18k per week as well.

Compared to the rest of league 1 players - our players are paid pretty well. If they get the hump over Bennetts then they should be embarrassed that they regularly got out-played by players on lesser wages.

Personally, it would fire me up if a useless player was getting paid so much.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Proof that cash in football has gone past crazy. Not even at the top of the list, (which is beyond insane)…….. but at the bottom as well.
Dylan Crowe? £45K a year? On almost double what any employed tradesman is on…….. and who the the F is he?
Some of your hard earned, I don’t know, £25K - £35K average salary, making up Dylan’s £45K. 🤦‍♂️

Truth of the matter is, the top of the list should be on £45K and I don’t mean Bennett’s. Top of any list.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:18 pm

Hate biting on that comment above but.....

A salary is what someone is wiling to pay, that IS it's worth. Remember there are millions of tradesmen and there are loads of footballers, the ones at town are still way up the pyramid. I'm sure if you were in the 3rd tier of lawyers in the country you'd be on good money etc. Football is a skill which isn't as easy to learn and perfect as a trade (although I of course respect doing a trade to a high standard is far from easy).

I'm also sure plenty of good tradesmen are on easily 40-50k, all the good ones near me are £250+ a day and I know some good ones who can command much more and still get constant work. Also a footballers career is 10-15 years, a tradesmen could be upto 45 years long.

Plus its more pressure playing in front of 20,000+ people than laying a new floor for Doris in Clacton.

These footballers love the game and would do it for a fraction of what they earn, so if someone wants to pay them good money then fair play to them. They no doubt recycle alot of that money back into the economy via tax and what they buy.
I also think fair play, all these players would have gone through years of academies, training hard and under pressure, trying to make their way to get themselves onto a good contract. Its a cut throat industry where you cannot get by for long if you aren't fully applying yourself.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:29 pm

First off you don't know how accurate the figures are. Anyone can magic numbers out the air and put a list together, that they've put Bennetts top and with a salary way over double of the next nearest earner it just has an odor to it. I don't see the team in live action all too often but that name in a #1 position for highest salary ? Something amiss there, I'd have a number of players (some now departed) that would warrant being top earner above that particular name - but not the amount in question. Even then it's too excessive.

Bad enough picking up 18k for a player I don't agree with particularly when many rely on food banks to get by or don't have a pot to p*ss in. Some need to swap places out there to gain a better understanding of what the world's about and see certain struggles first hand.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:09 pm

My comments weren't made for anyone to “bite” on. They’re how i see the utter mess of football.

You won’t see many employed tradesmen on 40-50K. Yes, self employed……. But my original post was “employed” by an employer.

Too much advertising in the game, TV etc etc. Yes, good on them, grab it while you can and ex pros who missed the era say the same. But it doesn’t make it right. It also creates these gulfs that you lot in East Angular are seeing right now. Its not good.

And you’d be surprised at how many tradesmen dont last 20 plus years due to knee issues. If you are indeed a tradesmen then i’m sure you’ll know a few guys who’s careers are cut short.

But, for me, if you reckon £4K+ a week is right for a footballer, then fair dos, we shall agree to disagree. And if anyone asks……., yes i do agree lawyers & doctors should get £4K plus a week. They’ll either sort any legal stuff or save my life.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:22 am

I remember my reaction to seeing Andre Dozzell is a millionaire. I mean fair play & all, but f*ck sake 25 years ago and about 10 stone lighter I could’ve been banking playing in the MLS! :D

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:49 am

number 9 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:22 am
I remember my reaction to seeing Andre Dozzell is a millionaire. I mean fair play & all, but f*ck sake 25 years ago and about 10 stone lighter I could’ve been banking playing in the MLS! :D

Sorry No9, not good with American jargon, was that supposed to read 'wanking' in the Mens Latrine Stall?

:wink:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:56 am

Frosty wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:49 am
number 9 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:22 am

Sorry No9, not good with American jargon, was that supposed to read 'wanking' in the Mens Latrine Stall?

:wink:
:lol: Yes indeed…a metaphor for my life!