Paul Mariner

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Steve and Jo

Re: Paul Mariner

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:31 pm

Wish I could say I can't believe a person would do that, trouble is it's not totally surprising and that's so sad

Isn't there CCTV though ?

arana peligrosa

Re: Paul Mariner

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:41 pm

Same thing happened with Sir Robson back in 2009, merchandise went missing from the memorial. Some "individuals" do this, maybe they don't have a conscience or certain morals, I believe they're just opportunists who take a back seat to what's right or wrong and just do what they do because the chance presents itself.

Mariner's only been gone a short time it's tough to believe one of our own could stoop so low as to steal or take what's of no right to themselves. When or if the culprit is caught and aprehended would be interesting to see what level punishment is given out. Some would argue a custodial sentence given the magnitude and time of the crime but think maybe taken to the people who left the shirt there to begin with, better still Paul Mariner's immediate surviving family and be made to apologize unreservedly.