Norwood gets driving ban for 40 months !!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Norwood gets driving ban for 40 months !!

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:33 pm

Seems he’s got “previous“ for drink driving . He’s lucky he’s still got a job at this Club I think .

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... -40-months

arana peligrosa

Re: Norwood gets driving ban for 40 months !!

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:41 pm

A five thousand pound fine, what use it that to a player that probably earns that in one game. Bit of a derisory amount to pay back, who imposes these figures.

Can't abide drinkers at the wheel, these stupid sons of bitches put not only themselves in harms way but potential victims and their families. As a non-drinker its easy to castigate but all the same can't always understand why some feel the need to down a few beers and then take to the wheel. Do they imagine they're above the law ? No, they're just f**king idiots. Norwood's done OK for us but he's without question gone done in estimation regards these offenses.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:22 am

I can't help but think we'd be better off shipping him out of the club.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:17 am

saint jude wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:41 pm
A five thousand pound fine, what use it that to a player that probably earns that in one game. Bit of a derisory amount to pay back, who imposes these figures.

Can't abide drinkers at the wheel, these stupid sons of bitches put not only themselves in harms way but potential victims and their families. As a non-drinker its easy to castigate but all the same can't always understand why some feel the need to down a few beers and then take to the wheel. Do they imagine they're above the law ? No, they're just f**king idiots. Norwood's done OK for us but he's without question gone done in estimation regards these offenses.
I completely agree Saint, a total scumbag who I would like to see the back of ASAP, not only is he banned now for 40 months but he's been banned before for the same crime so he's a repeat offender, the type of idiot that can potentially cause a fatality to some innocent family, I can't stand people who do it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:06 am

Who makes up the bans? 40 months? Seems an odd amount. 3 years and 4 months? Its not even a round 3 and a half.

Judge: “3 year ban.”
Norwood: “AW FK OFF, NO WAY!”
Judge: “Another 4 months after that outburst.”
Norwood: “WHAT?”
Judge: “You want 3 and a half?”
Norwood: “No. Sorry.”

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:35 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:22 am
I can't help but think we'd be better off shipping him out of the club.
I think you are probably right, Mike. A bit of a liability.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:18 pm

Most pro footballers rarely drink alcohol these days especially during the playing season. Just shows what a poor professional he is, and not to learn from his previous conviction whilst still a pro footballer is ridiculous. I also know for sure to be more than 50% over the limit he had to by lying about his alcohol intake. I’m in the get rid camp as we need better examples from senior players to the youngsters.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:18 pm

He probably overly drinks all the time, he probably drink drives all the time. Unfair to state that as fact, but unless you're driving like a complete arse, it's very rare to be pulled over, so for it to be an unlucky coincidence that he's only done it that once or twice... Yeah ok.

Blokes an arse, always has been, surprised with such a purge he wasn't pushed out.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:02 am

I don't have a problem with heavy drinkers - if you go by the government guidelines then more than 50% of the people I know can be classed as heavy drinkers.

Like most people, I detest drink-driving. But there is and always has been a problem with this.............most people would never dream of driving when they have had a drink, and rightly so. But how many of those people don't think twice about driving on the morning following a heavy night's drinking? Quite a few, I bet.