ITFC v Palace

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tangfastic

Re: ITFC v Palace

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:53 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:17 pm
Team news (EATD)

Ipswich Town v Crystal Palace - 3pm
Ipswich Town: Hladky, Vincent-Young, Penney, Nsiala, Woolfenden, Humphreys, Burns, Harper, Pigott, Norwood, Fraser

Subs: Holy, Bonagen, Armin, Ndaba, Clements, Nwabuele, Alexander, Mealy, Ward, Dobra, Bonne, Jackson

Any thoughts on that? Surprised Jackson is named (based on earlier newspaper suggestions.
Maybe the game is not over, but we’ve made 10 outfield substitutes (including unknown kids) and Jackson is the only outfield player left on the bench. Is this a cruel tactic by Cook to humiliate Jackson into leaving?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:03 pm

My goodness. You’ve got to hope not FFS. Hope thats not how your brain is wired, mate! Jaysus H

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:37 pm

It seems Evans only has a knock so good news.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:41 pm

The Number 21 Youngster who came on in 2nd half was pretty decent. Again no Name on Shirt so unsure of his Name 😅😅

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:46 pm

lucy wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:41 pm
The Number 21 Youngster who came on in 2nd half was pretty decent. Again no Name on Shirt so unsure of his Name 😅😅
Matt ward. Never heard of him.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:02 pm

Me neither but he has some pretty decent moves

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:36 pm

Ward was indeed very impressive, looks a talent. Decent enough performance given that they've literally had very little game time and Palace are Premier league after all. Were several positives to come from today. Loved the look of Pigott, he will score goals, was so unlucky when hitting the post. I hope that is right about Evans but wouldn't be sure of it yet.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:40 pm

Mike what did you make of KVY. If he can stay fit I think he will be a great player for us. I didn't have much of a chance to see him play before Covid. I liked what I saw today.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:12 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:03 pm
My goodness. You’ve got to hope not FFS. Hope thats not how your brain is wired, mate! Jaysus H
Not sure if you’re referring to me or PC - I won’t take offence either way.

It is strange that you put a senior pro on the bench that you’ve told to find a new club, essentially opening the door a crack, and then put on 10 substitutes - most of them unknown kids - and Jackson is left there as the only unused outfield sub. Just don’t get it. If I was Jackson I’d be pissed off watching unknown kids get minutes whilst he’s being ignored. Seems a pointless exercise putting him on the bench.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:27 pm

Yes I found this odd too. When Norwood was going off I assumed Jackson would be taking his place.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:33 pm

lucy wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:40 pm
Mike what did you make of KVY. If he can stay fit I think he will be a great player for us. I didn't have much of a chance to see him play before Covid. I liked what I saw today.
KVY looked very sharp and One or Two runs were him at his best, if he stays fit he's a cut above League One. As for Jackson, f*ck him.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:52 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:12 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:03 pm
Not sure if you’re referring to me or PC - I won’t take offence either way.

It is strange that you put a senior pro on the bench that you’ve told to find a new club, essentially opening the door a crack, and then put on 10 substitutes - most of them unknown kids - and Jackson is left there as the only unused outfield sub. Just don’t get it. If I was Jackson I’d be pissed off watching unknown kids get minutes whilst he’s being ignored. Seems a pointless exercise putting him on the bench.
:lol: Sorry, that does read like I'm referring to you, Tang but 100% towards the Cookie Monster.
Genuinely hope thats not true because, lets be serious…….. if true…….. he's a dickhead.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:16 pm

This kid came in in the second half , and was simply mesmerising….looks to be an outstanding young player.

https://www.suffolknews.co.uk/ipswich/s ... n-9192285/

Liam Gibbs who? …if you good enough you’ll play !

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:02 am

Got the score albeit some time after event had finished. First reaction one of disappointment. 99 per cent of the time i don't like to see us beaten irrespective of who the opposition are or what level / part of a season it's featured at. CPFC put out a strong squad and while I don't believe the two teams are as distant as the two league difference has it, kind of hoped to take something from today. Beaten by a penalty, would have accepted it better had they scored something of quality during open play.

Going to take time to recognize the new team we got for the most part, and for those players to connect and adapt to a new club set-up too. People will argue pre-season games are all rather void and immaterial - players (that are) never going to give the best they have or play to their full potential - but it provides time and opportunity for new names to fit in and get a feel of being involved / better prepared for the real work and objectives ahead.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:13 am

Results still getting to you by pigeon, Saint?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:35 am

How did the young lad, Humphreys, get on? To start against PL opposition must have been a big moment for him.

Most of the talk is about the number 21, Ward. Not sure how much we’ll depend on the academy boys next season, but be great to see young kids push for a place. Get the impression if they want a place in the team, they’ll really have to push hard for it and be able to handle the physical side. We’re not going to be a team of push-overs anymore.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:51 am

Humphrey's did very well Tang, he did not look out of place at all, was composed and got stuck into the tackles against what is a very big and physical team, I think he could well stick around the first team squad based on yesterday, an elderly chap in front of me yesterday said he watches all the U23 and U18 games and was raving about him, he is very highly thought of, he also said the next talent coming through is a youngster at RB who will be a very good player, his name escaped him so we can watch this space on that one, but Ward was superb and twice had such quick feet he twisted and turned and wrong footed Three of their guys both times, very pleasing to watch.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:07 pm

Makes you wonder if that why we weren’t overly fussed about that youngster leaving us last week.