Our new name.........

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

K L Blue

Our new name.........

Post by K L Blue » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:57 pm

Seems like we've earned a new name under the stewardship of GameChanger

And I think a certain team is a little bit on the green side now.....lol

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/fo ... sh-5706318

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Our new name.........

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:05 pm

One of those replies from an Ipswich fan called Hanoi Hans......, "Net spend is 300K as the ins & outs are calculated" ??

Who is Hanoi Hans? (with his finger on the pulse and in charge of the bank account)......, and is Hans correct? Or is he a "figure plucker from the sky" type dude?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:35 pm

So it's ok to go 16 years spending virtually f*ck all but the minute we are able to spend a bit they don't like it, f**king fuckwit fucktard fuckers, f*ck off.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:43 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:35 pm
....f**king fuckwit fucktard fuckers, f*ck off.
Hope ye had yer teeth in when ye said all that?! :lol:

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:51 pm

Bluemike wrote:
So it's ok to go 16 years spending virtually f*ck all but the minute we are able to spend a bit they don't like it, f**king fuckwit fucktard fuckers, f*ck off.
Would you like them to go away? :wink: :lol:

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:00 pm

Had to laugh reading this thread

Must say its bit "Rich" coming from Portsmouth though

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:12 pm

We’re doing it for a good cause, though.

Making retired Arizona fire-fighters and policemen a cushy little nest egg. Should be applauded for our generosity.

The irony of Pompey fans having a pop at us is pretty funny. Absolute ex-PL basket case club who are fortunate still to be in existence.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:18 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Don't hold back Mike, tell us what you really feel :lol: :lol: :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:55 pm

You say Chequebook

I say Checkbook

Let's call the whole thing off

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:14 am

I think Portsmouth is English for pussies!🙂

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:20 am

saint jude wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:55 pm
You say Chequebook

I say Checkbook

Let's call the whole thing off
:lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:54 am

Town haven’t actually spent that much money when you get down to the nitty gritty . Green eyed monster at work here I think . And as Mike says

f*ck EM 👆

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:00 am

To be honest I welcome the outside interest after years in the doldrums. Much happier being referred to as Chequebook FC than Peanuts FC which is what we’ve been for a few years. I just hope and pray the lads Cookie has brought together can play well together fairly quickly and get us off to a good start.
I really can’t remember the last time I looked forward to a season as much as I do this year.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:58 am

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:54 am
Town haven’t actually spent that much money when you get down to the nitty gritty . Green eyed monster at work here I think . And as Mike says

f*ck EM 👆
With all these undisclosed fees both in and out it's difficult to have any idea as to how much we have spent, we could even balance the books if someone will buy Downes at a good price.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:33 pm

How much have we actually spent since May or end of season. Yes we got lots of new players in, a substantial amount of new blood and prospects but how much has actually been paid and what totals can you chalk up. Seems a number of players in came with a price tag that wasn't revealed, you're left guessing as to what we've paid. Talk of a 1 million signing, maybe big business in the Third League here but hardly magnitudes of super powers agreeing nine figures sums wherever you find them.

I hope we don't get labeled with the 'Chequebook' tag for the season ahead. Can see it now "Tractors Boys buy League" (should we achieve a promotion or finish in first position).

We've spend a bit on players over the last few weeks and months, nothing substantial, that much you can ascertain. But don't want no tag we're more affluent than many would believe and possess the right to go out and purchase whoever we choose.

Portsmouth got a whole lot of players in and around the time they won and were involved in FA Cup Finals, a certain amount of money would have been used. You can picture (now) the saggy-faced Redknapp doing business here and there. Not really fair to label years down the line other teams putting a squad together to challenge and potential cash amounts used for the purpose. Not to reiterate (what's said already) but that's one users take on it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:46 pm

Coming from Portsmouth, oh the irony seeing as they were reputedly paying players 40k plus a week back then, got what they deserved.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:01 pm

There’s throwing a chequebook around without thought and there’s spending money wisely and with consideration.

If we buy players who do well for us, then their value will only increase if we have to sell. Maybe this initial investment is not only bringing in players to boost our chances, but gets us to a point where we’re both better at buying and selling. I can’t see us splashing cash long term, I think we’ll have to wheel and deal our way ahead.
But for now, our last squad had little sell-on value and we’ve been forced to spend more than we bring in. We had no choice because the squad was a mess. And we have also saved a lot on the salaries of departed plAyers. I think we’ve spent wisely so far. Buying players of good age who fit certain positions who should only get better.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:02 pm

Just some Pompey fans being a bunch of green eyed little t's, we beat them to a few targets they had their little eye's on, well they should have a better recruitment team and strategy in place then just like we have had to wait years for! We have not even spent shed load of money either, makes you laugh tbh.

Just want us to give them a damn good thrashing when we meet in the League! That's on the pitch not the terrace's boys ok lol.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:24 pm

Nah bollocks, the terraces too lmao.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:18 pm

Pah ha ha ha !!