A tractorgirls rambles!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

LizinSpain

A tractorgirls rambles!

Post by LizinSpain » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:25 am

Hi, I'm new to this group and just wanted to say a few things! Sorry to bore you with my rambling so feel free to scroll on past!!

Saturday marks the start of my 43rd season supporting ITFC and I haven't been this excited in a very long time. I just wish I could be there but I live in Spain now and its still a pain getting back but hopefully soon.

Reading/listening/watching all the interviews with the new owners/CEO/Chairman/Manager over the last few months has given me such hope. They are all so positive about what they want but the main thing is they realise what this club means to us, the supporters. They fully understand the history of our club, the way it is part of the fabric of Suffolk and most importantly that they need to win faith back. Our love, well mine anyway, has never wavered but my faith has, a lot, over the last few years.

I think the thing that has impressed me most is the new owners enthusiasm for football and understanding that without a community behind it, a club is nothing. Time and time again they speak about it and their commitment to the wider community and what I have read about their clubs in the US they are delivering on promises made and then some.

Their belief and enthusiasm is infectious and, even though I was very sceptical at first. we may have the best owners in football.

Yes I have been disappointed/upset when a couple of my favourite players left but a clear out was needed and with practically a new team starting on Saturday we can truly draw a line under the heartbreak of the last few years. Its a new season, a fresh start and time to get behind 100%.

For those of you that are going on Saturday, give the boys a cheer from me and enjoy your day.

COYB!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: A tractorgirls rambles!

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:15 am

Hi Liz, a great opening post and I couldn't agree more about the new owners etc and how it feels to finally be getting our club back as we know it.

As they have stated it will take time as they have massive plans and a clear vision for the future, this is what worries me as our fans are very much demanding of instant success, one defeat or bad performance and the end of the world is nigh and Cook must go, hopefully the more level headed fans will help to keep it real.

I hope you intend on sticking around and being a regular poster, always good to have new input. Welcome.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:48 am

LizinSpain, 🌞 Hi Lizzie I assume there can only be one Lizzie, welcome good to have you on board roll on Saturday speak to you then Mike.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:51 pm

Welcome to the forum Liz. I think your thoughts are in harmony with most on here and roll on Saturday indeed!

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:34 pm

Welcome to the forum

Great introduction and full of passion. Looking forward to hearing more more from you Liz

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:43 pm

Hi Liz,

Echo everyone’s posts, thank you for posting welcome to the forum.

Feel free to join this seasons prediction league, it’s a lot of fun and the bar is set really low to accomodate people like me! :)

Cheers Dave

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:42 pm

From one Liz to another…WELCOME 🥳👍. Couldn’t agree more with your inaugural post ….onwards and upwards I hope.

I’ll give em a shout for you Saturday …… im the one in blue 👍..COYBssssss

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:03 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:42 pm
From one Liz to another…WELCOME 🥳👍. Couldn’t agree more with your inaugural post ….onwards and upwards I hope.

Sorry hun, I should have let you know we replaced you with a newer Liz. :wink: xx

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:59 pm

Frosty wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:03 pm
hallamblue wrote:

Sorry hun, I should have let you know we replaced you with a newer Liz. :wink: xx
:lol: Brave man! Bet you wouldn't have said that if you weren't on the other side of the world? :wink: :lol: :P

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:40 pm

Hallam will be over there on her broomstick in no time at all !!! :lol: sh*t I'll see her tomorrow!!!

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:03 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:40 pm
Hallam will be over there on her broomstick in no time at all !!! :lol: sh*t I'll see her tomorrow!!!
:lol: :lol: That's 2 cards marked now.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:31 pm

Bluemike wrote:
:lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:31 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:03 pm
Bluemike wrote:
:lol: :lol: That's 2 cards marked now.
I’d say one is actually torn up into little ickle pieces now :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:32 pm

Frosty wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:03 pm
hallamblue wrote:

I know I’ll always be your number one Dave 🥳👍 :lol:

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:44 pm

Welcome Liz to our wonderful site, and I love your comments and passion for our new owners and players alike, BUT unless you haven't noticed the new owners are also making big investments into our Ladies team as well, signing a few top new players that will continue to get the Ladies up with the Big guns.

Now that's what I call commitment to the cause and bringing the long lost community fans back to Portman Road by our owners :D so its good news all round for everyone.

I've been an Ipswich supporter since the early 1950's and I can see the glory days returning in the not too distant future, so keep posting Lizzy its good to see new recruits both on the field and website :D

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:24 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:44 pm
Welcome Liz to our wonderful site, and I love your comments and passion for our new owners and players alike, BUT unless you haven't noticed the new owners are also making big investments into our Ladies team as well, signing a few top new players that will continue to get the Ladies up with the Big guns.

Now that's what I call commitment to the cause and bringing the long lost community fans back to Portman Road by our owners :D so its good news all round for everyone.

I've been an Ipswich supporter since the early 1950's and I can see the glory days returning in the not too distant future, so keep posting Lizzy its good to see new recruits both on the field and website :D
Hi

Yes I had noticed that they are investing in the Ladies too! That makes me very happy as well. As a kid I was never allowed to play football at school and none of the boys would let me play with them after school either so I'm very keen to see our Ladies get the investment they deserve too. I'm not saying I would of been any good at it but would of loved the chance to play the game I love. I actively encourage all my friends with grandchildren to make sure the girls get as much choice of sport as the boy but I'll admit I get super happy when they say the girls love football!!

When I get back next I'm hoping to come and watch the Ladies play too if I can get to a game (might need to cadge a lift off someone as hitchhiking up the A14 isn't a good idea anymore!! :wink:

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:26 pm

hallamblue wrote:

Thanks for giving them a shout from me and I'll help you duff up these boys for taking the micky out of you want too!! :wink: They don't stand a chance against 2 liz's!!! :wink: x

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:31 pm

LizinSpain wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:26 pm
hallamblue wrote:

Thanks for giving them a shout from me and I'll help you duff up these boys for taking the micky out of you want too!! :wink: They don't stand a chance against 2 liz's!!! :wink: x
I hope you are not including me Lizzie?🤕😂

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:32 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:31 pm
LizinSpain wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

I hope you are not including me Lizzie?🤕😂
Obvs not!!! :wink: :lol: xx

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:36 pm

LizinSpain wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Lol , no the6 wouldn’t … not sure which one of em would be top of my list right now…it’s a close run competition! :lol: