Have a read of this from the Guardian

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Have a read of this from the Guardian

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:00 pm

arana peligrosa

Re: Have a read of this from the Guardian

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:35 am

Don't get me wrong what's happened the last few months since Evans f*cked off and took the equally inept Lambert with it is indeed a big step forward. (The right) Action was absolute imperative only problem being it should of occurred years before it did.

Just reserve caution and entertain possibility the route ahead may not be a golden as some would believe. Pre season games, all right people for the most part just trivialize them and cut them away from any real action, but all the same have been disappointing. Of course it will take time for the new names to fit and adapt to a new club set-up but how many fans patience here has been eroded going back as far you can remember.

In 1992 I thought we were well equipped for an assault on the new EPL set-up (after winning the second league then and crop of old and new names that could do a job) but that quickly went to sh*t. Suppose you could include ten years after when finishing fifth in the top league also as another example. Point being not so much the names / squad we had available at those times but the general idea we could go on to bigger and better things and got found out quite quick, disappointments were substantial.

I got a certain level of faith in both Cook and the takeover group. Just about near anything was going to be an improvement on before but always entertain that things don't always go the way you may hope to envisage. The team does look good, lots of new names in, too early to tell quite what to expect of them but the opportunity to do better than before - in fact for some considerable years - appears quite evident.

hallamblue

Re: Have a read of this from the Guardian

Post by hallamblue » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:13 am

Fully take your point Saint. I’m expecting this season to be one of progress but likely to be take most of the season for these players to fully “ bed in” ( I’ve refrained from saying the gel word ….. there , now I’ve said it !!!) .
Suffice to say I’m thinking it’s going to be a trillion times better than the crap 💩 we’ve had to endure over the last decade ….

COYBs 💙