Cook's best starting 11

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

AzzurroMark

Cook's best starting 11

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:53 pm

Was just reading Mike Bacon's piece in the EADT regarding Cook finding his preferred/best 11. With a wealth of players in certain areas, Mike commented that if you got 10 fans to write out their best starting line-up, all of them would look different.

Assuming we have a fully fit squad, my starting 11 would be;

Hladky
KVY - Edmundsen - Burgess - Penney
Evans ---Harper
Burns - Fraser - Edwards
Piggott

I think the defence nearly picks itself, possibly barring LB.
Likewise the current incumbents playing the holding midfield role.
Burns, with his RB experience, seems a natural choice on the Right wing. He can act as the perfect cover for when KVY bombs forward. Likewise Edwards look pretty dynamite on left wing duties.
The possible contentious decision might be Fraser. For me, his preferred role is as No10, his goals and assists for MKDons are testament to that. Maybe he could fire the ammo that Piggott needs to start hitting the back of the net. For me definitely a round peg in a round hole.

It is only a matter of time before Piggott opens his account, and once he does i believe he will be difficult to lever out of his starting place.

hallamblue

Re: Cook's best starting 11

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:00 pm

I’d agree with most of that AM, but I think Coulson will ultimately come in at Left back ( can’t see h8m coming here on loan to sit on bench, given how much hype there has been about h8m tbh).

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:16 am

Vaclav in goal

Nsiala, Penney, Vincent-Young and Donacien for defense

Evans, Fraser, Dobra and Ward or Edwards to take midfield

Norwood and Bonne in attack. Second choice Piggott and Chaplin. Don't know why Jackson is still with us, he seems to offer little.

Maybe not ideal to all but thing is Cook needs to find a winning formula then stick with it. Found some of our starting formations questionable since start of season. We need points and victories, put out an attack minded side and really go for it. Really hope tomorrow picks up, all they need is that first elusive win then you can build from there.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:16 am

saint jude wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:16 am
Vaclav in goal

Nsiala, Penney, Vincent-Young and Donacien for defense

Evans, Fraser, Dobra and Ward or Edwards to take midfield

Norwood and Bonne in attack. Second choice Piggott and Chaplin. Don't know why Jackson is still with us, he seems to offer little.

Maybe not ideal to all but thing is Cook needs to find a winning formula then stick with it. Found some of our starting formations questionable since start of season. We need points and victories, put out an attack minded side and really go for it. Really hope tomorrow picks up, all they need is that first elusive win then you can build from there.
simple - no other club wants him, just as I predicted 3 months ago ;)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:32 pm

Suspect his wages are a big stumbling block too.