League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

I imagine people are not picking us as favourites for this one?

Lincoln Win
41%
Ipswich Win
41%
Draw
18%

Total votes: 22

Tangfastic

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:49 am

Early days for Celina, but he doesn’t look match fit and I thought he went down too easily. The ref wasn’t buying it and we lost possession a few times because of it.
Not sure him and Edwards can start in the same team as they’re both x-factor types. I’d prefer Edwards to start on the left and Fraser as number 10. Fraser has been a bit hit and miss but he can pick a pass.

Burns looks a shoe-in and has a great engine up the right. Donacien deserves to keep his place, but offers little going forward. But just what we wanted on Saturday. It could be Donacien is a temporary solution while we’re looking to stiffen up the team, Bonne keeps on delivering and took his goal really well.

Looking forward to getting Morsy in the team. Even though we held out well, teams seem to get behind us too easily.

Burgess was excellent in the air and made good blocks. Could be a big player for us. Hopefully, Edmundson, too.

It’s to be seen whether Evans or Carroll partners Morsy. I think Cook will go for Evans, but Evans looked sloppy early on. I thought he’d be more of a physical presence, but he gets caught too often. Improved during the game.

Looking forward to Sheffield Wednesday, but can’t help feel we’re Ipswich and things never quite go to plan. Hope we’ve turned the corner and this win really calms things down. Need to build on this and a massive game on Saturday.

I think the worrying thing was we were really under the cosh for 15-20 mins after the break and it looked like we’d concede. Did well to hold out, but needed our midfield to get on the ball more and dictate things.