League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

I imagine people are not picking us as favourites for this one?

Lincoln Win
9
41%
Ipswich Win
9
41%
Draw
4
18%
 
Total votes: 22

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13995
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:57 pm

Where does all the added time come from 90+9 ?

hallamblue
Posts: 26700
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:58 pm

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
WOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

tangfastic
Posts: 4018
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:58 pm

Yes. Thanks ref … 7 mins. Really.

Town back line held out well. Donacien and Burgess for me best players.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 24427
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:58 pm

Woohooo we're up and running, clean sheet, stick with this keeper.

User avatar
lucy
Posts: 5769
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by lucy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:58 pm

:D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 2075
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ricco » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:59 pm

I think that's about the most relieved I've been following football :lol:

Big win that.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 20178
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:59 pm

Walking and posting at the same time, (@ ER, 2-2 late Buddies equaliser....., BSTDS!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )......, but FIRST win for the cookie monster this season......, not read a reprt but FK IT, don't care ....., A WIN. :D :D :D

COYB's

JOHN DEERE
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:25 pm

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by JOHN DEERE » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:06 pm

Great result. Performances will come. We will grow from here. My confidence has been restored

valleyroad
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by valleyroad » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:07 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:59 pm
Walking and posting at the same time, (@ ER, 2-2 late Buddies equaliser....., BSTDS!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )......, but FIRST win for the cookie monster this season......, not read a reprt but FK IT, don't care ....., A WIN. :D :D :D

COYB's
2 good results today :D :D

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 1157
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:08 pm

Sounds like the back line all stood up, great. At last

Maybe bit fortunate with the goal, who cares for we hit the woodwork as well

Wishing we had a Tuesday Night game though but can smile again :)

BlueBalls
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by BlueBalls » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:11 pm

Us fans need to turn Portman Road into an absolute fortress now.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13995
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:19 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:59 pm
I think that's about the most relieved I've been following football :lol:

Big win that.
Rossi will be disappointed 🤣

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 24427
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:27 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:11 pm
Us fans need to turn Portman Road into an absolute fortress now.
Absolutely !!!! Raise the roof the next two games.

shabba
Posts: 741
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shabba » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:13 pm

GET IN!! Followed on bbc text commentary etc seemed we might have got a little lucky with the win but we will take that right now, I hope the dressing room is bouncing and the players continue to gel.

Really pleased!

Does anyone know what the injury to Coulsen was like? Would be a shame to lose him but I quite like Penny - in general we have such good depth now, the bench looked pretty strong today.

osborne77
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: Bury

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by osborne77 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:32 pm

Seven points off the playoffs and only ten from automatic promotion. No problem.

Magicmark
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:33 pm

Good feeling to finally get a win,hope we can build on this & get a good run :D

Marvinbay1973
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:03 pm

That was a surprise
Hopefully this is the win we need to push on now.
Really thought we would crack with all the second half pressure but we could have had a second and we held firm
Well done lads 👍

JamessB
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:39 am

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by JamessB » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:16 pm

Brilliant result and a clean sheet as well. Onwards and upwards from here and with two home games coming next could this be the start of a good run? Let's hope so. Well done lads

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 1157
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:18 pm

Lincoln manager is really moaning. He's totally complaining about push for our goal and says their disallowed goal was well on side

Ooh dear, why am I not bothered?

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 2075
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ricco » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:26 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:18 pm
Ooh dear, why am I not bothered?
Because you're either sociapathic or you know that Ipswich are owed a few points through bad luck and that you are deserving of only feeling good emotions after this game for being a long suffering Town fan.

I'm going to guess it's the latter.

hallamblue
Posts: 26700
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:33 pm

It’s about time Town had a bit of “ luck”. Couldn’t give a sh*t if it was “ lucky”, offside , onside or if it came off the refs d*ck, it’s a TOWN WIN. So they can f*ck off ….

Let’s fluke the next 39 games too !

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 9433
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by saint jude » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:28 pm

Missed the game ,some things can't be helped. Tried to view highlights but as yet unsuccessful. People say the goal was contentious, on another day and venue we wouldn't have been allowed it but bottom line the team got the elusive first victory. Celina started from the off and relief Walton wasn't picked for goal duties this time.

You can't easily overlook the games before it I.e. poor start and adverse scores however getting the three points today no matter really how they arrived is foremost . Cook will have that extra room to maneuver in the managers seat, defeat today really would have weighed heavy on his shoulders.

All you ask now is to repeat this in the weeks and games ahead and propel away from the wrong end of the division. Maybe we got lucky out there, maybe we didn't fully deserve the three points but for once it went our way. Good result at a tough venue, you got to be elevated from it.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 20178
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:40 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:07 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:59 pm
Walking and posting at the same time, (@ ER, 2-2 late Buddies equaliser....., BSTDS!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )......, but FIRST win for the cookie monster this season......, not read a reprt but FK IT, don't care ....., A WIN. :D :D :D

COYB's
2 good results today :D :D
Definitely one good result, but oh my dear Lord Harry in Heaven above......., my cousins number plate comes to mind (FHH....., fkn hell hibs) No more said on that.

Check out this from SKY report:
At half-time, Lincoln manager Michael Appleton boss confronted referee Ben Speedie to protest about the goal and was promptly booked by the official.

Guaranteed had it been at the other end, he "wouldn't have seen it"......, or......, "I'll need to watch it back."
Quite right, referee. That sh*t needs eradicated from the game as well.


hallamblue wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:33 pm
....or if it came off the refs d*ck,......
And err....... referee......, keep that out of the way also.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3757
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:00 pm

I’m very happy about the win and a clean sheet! Hopefully it will continue. COYB!!

(Sorry Tang about my previous comments. It’s been an extremely stressful few days. I shouldn’t carry my personal issues on the forum. It’s just been tough.)

hallamblue
Posts: 26700
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:04 pm


hallamblue
Posts: 26700
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:07 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:40 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:07 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:59 pm
Walking and posting at the same time, (@ ER, 2-2 late Buddies equaliser....., BSTDS!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )......, but FIRST win for the cookie monster this season......, not read a reprt but FK IT, don't care ....., A WIN. :D :D :D

COYB's
2 good results today :D :D
Definitely one good result, but oh my dear Lord Harry in Heaven above......., my cousins number plate comes to mind (FHH....., fkn hell hibs) No more said on that.

Check out this from SKY report:
At half-time, Lincoln manager Michael Appleton boss confronted referee Ben Speedie to protest about the goal and was promptly booked by the official.

Guaranteed had it been at the other end, he "wouldn't have seen it"......, or......, "I'll need to watch it back."
Quite right, referee. That sh*t needs eradicated from the game as well.


hallamblue wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:33 pm
....or if it came off the refs d*ck,......
And err....... referee......, keep that out of the way also.
He wasn’t so concerned last season when the Imps were given a dodgy penalty decision.


Lol 😂 re ref ….

User avatar
trek5500
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: gainsborough lincs

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by trek5500 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm

:)
Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:47 pm
Thank you Trek

Always hard to get full picture when listening.

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 2284
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by rossi » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:16 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:19 pm
Ricco wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:59 pm
I think that's about the most relieved I've been following football :lol:

Big win that.
Rossi will be disappointed 🤣
well, he might be if he wasn't a genuine Ipswich fan :roll: :roll:

Finally we get a win - much needed and I'm well pleased. But - one swallow and all that, there's a long way to go and it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than this to convince me that PC is the right man for the job. What is it now - 5 wins in 25 games? If we get 20 wins in the next 25 games then I'll gladly admit I was wrong about him.

Marvinbay1973
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:31 am

rossi wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:16 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:19 pm
Ricco wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:59 pm
I think that's about the most relieved I've been following football :lol:

Big win that.
Rossi will be disappointed 🤣
well, he might be if he wasn't a genuine Ipswich fan :roll: :roll:

Finally we get a win - much needed and I'm well pleased. But - one swallow and all that, there's a long way to go and it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than this to convince me that PC is the right man for the job. What is it now - 5 wins in 25 games? If we get 20 wins in the next 25 games then I'll gladly admit I was wrong about him.
I see where you are coming from Rossi, but I think we have a much better set of players this time around courtesy of PC

valleyroad
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by valleyroad » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:42 am

rossi wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:16 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:19 pm
Ricco wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:59 pm
I think that's about the most relieved I've been following football :lol:

Big win that.
Rossi will be disappointed 🤣
well, he might be if he wasn't a genuine Ipswich fan :roll: :roll:

Finally we get a win - much needed and I'm well pleased. But - one swallow and all that, there's a long way to go and it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than this to convince me that PC is the right man for the job. What is it now - 5 wins in 25 games? If we get 20 wins in the next 25 games then I'll gladly admit I was wrong about him.
Thats some bar you are setting even Fergie would have struggled with that ?

Post Reply