League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

I imagine people are not picking us as favourites for this one?

Lincoln Win
41%
Ipswich Win
41%
Draw
18%

Total votes: 22

shabba

Re: League 1 - Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shabba » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:28 pm

Anyone at the game care to comment on how some of the players performed? How was Celina? Surprised he started so wouldn’t expect him to be fully at it just yet.

Thinking about the players who were out the squad or kn the bench and it really does highlight how strong we are going forward now.

Next weeks game will be a huge test, from the highlights it still seemed we were giving the opposition a lot of time and space around the edge of our box, not as bad as the Bolton game but it still seemed evident.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:03 pm

For me, Celina was pretty anonymous. He has class sometimes hut is not really up to the rough and tumble of league 1 yet. If allowed to play by trams, he will destroy some but if not allowed to, he is just a luxury we don't need. Burns good, bonne strong and reminds me of daryl murphy, left side (coulson and burgess) looked good when together. Donaicen i like more and more whenever i see him. Evans got stuck in for once, carroll was ok without being amazing.

The rest were OK.

Hope that helps and just my view.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:13 pm

Ace - thanks Wilf. Did Celina play central and Fraser left? Agree with a lot of your comments, I saw burns pre season and wasn’t that impressed but he seems to be doing really well now.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:02 pm

Yes - celina mid and fraser left. We are getting there - first half was very good - second a bit more hair raising!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:33 pm

For me Burns has comfortably been our best signing so far

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:35 am

Just wait until Morsy and Celina strike up a pairing in midfield, BOYS you aint seen nothing yet just one more banned game for Morsy then the blue touch paper will be lit and BOOM we will be a real force. COYB :D :D

tangfastic

Post by tangfastic » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:49 am

Early days for Celina, but he doesn’t look match fit and I thought he went down too easily. The ref wasn’t buying it and we lost possession a few times because of it.
Not sure him and Edwards can start in the same team as they’re both x-factor types. I’d prefer Edwards to start on the left and Fraser as number 10. Fraser has been a bit hit and miss but he can pick a pass.

Burns looks a shoe-in and has a great engine up the right. Donacien deserves to keep his place, but offers little going forward. But just what we wanted on Saturday. It could be Donacien is a temporary solution while we’re looking to stiffen up the team, Bonne keeps on delivering and took his goal really well.

Looking forward to getting Morsy in the team. Even though we held out well, teams seem to get behind us too easily.

Burgess was excellent in the air and made good blocks. Could be a big player for us. Hopefully, Edmundson, too.

It’s to be seen whether Evans or Carroll partners Morsy. I think Cook will go for Evans, but Evans looked sloppy early on. I thought he’d be more of a physical presence, but he gets caught too often. Improved during the game.

Looking forward to Sheffield Wednesday, but can’t help feel we’re Ipswich and things never quite go to plan. Hope we’ve turned the corner and this win really calms things down. Need to build on this and a massive game on Saturday.

I think the worrying thing was we were really under the cosh for 15-20 mins after the break and it looked like we’d concede. Did well to hold out, but needed our midfield to get on the ball more and dictate things.