The New Chambers Fist Pumps Maybe?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Steve and Jo

The New Chambers Fist Pumps Maybe?

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:16 pm

Just loved this from Mark Ashton

Few weeks ago heard so much from how poor Mark was meant to be at Bristol City by the City fans.

Honestly can't help but just love Mark's reaction, Simply put he really is doing a great job for Ipswich, so much passion. Anybody else remember seeing Evans or any other CEO's or General managers show this much enthusiasm?

Last I remember was David Sheepshanks

Anyway if not seen this then enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWxDpom2MJA

Hoping not breaking any copyright etc, if have please take this down

Kerry Blue

Re: The New Chambers Fist Pumps Maybe?

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:52 pm

I saw that this morning and thought it was great that he showed his delight at Town's win the fans must have loved it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:56 pm

Fantastic đź‘Ź some will no doubt have a cynical view but for me its tremendous.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:21 pm

Love this, as said it’s brilliant to see - clearly he really cares about the club. The job he has done so far is outstanding.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:11 pm

yes great reaction and a nice touch, things like that mean alot, he genuinely cares and has earnt my admiration with that gesture.

Thanks Mark!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:19 am

You can see just how much it meant to him, ( just like us fans). THATS what’s been missing from this Club for so long now, passion.

Cant wait for the next game now.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:56 am

Enjoyed that video very much. So refreshing to see such passion. I can imagine the pressure on MA, PC and the team has been immense these last few weeks.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:00 am

Yep, that was uplifting. Anyone thinking he’s not genuine must be quite cynical. Especially at 0:40 - 0:50 …….. looks like he’s emotional.
Definitely means a lot to him after the transfer window work. Great stuff Mark Ashton. đź‘Ťđź‘Śđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Ź

Pumped for the Wednesday game on Saturday!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:03 am

hallamblue wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:19 am
THATS what’s been missing from this Club for so long now, passion.
Absolutely 100% spot on, Hallamblue……. And that’ll be more evident to home supporters like yourself and Mike etc etc.

Watching that…… and then thinking of Paul Lambert interviews??? Feckin hell! Highlights just how depressingly low the atmosphere must've been.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:01 pm

It was far worse during the last 18 months under McCarthys reign marko. But things had also got toxic under Lambo too 8n the end. There’s no time in football anymore is there, and fans get very fed up , very quickly it seems.

I just hope the team can string a few wins together now and the pressure will come right off Paul Cook (as it should). I think those in the known within the game are just waiting for Town to click tbh. We have a very very good squad now and the analogy of us being like turning a tanker to turn around is probably true. But so is the expansion of that tanker being able to be stopped once it gets motoring. Helluva second half of the season to come from us I think.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 pm

It's been shown on both Pink Un and OTIB message boards and met with widespread ridicule. They got a point, Ashton leaping around like an oversize marlin.

The enthusiasm is there but from a neutral perspective comes across as something bizarre. I guess he's just relieved at being given a chance elsewhere after previous 'escapades'. What you got there is something Evans would, or could never, do, and while the intentions are honorable, can only hope over time he justifies his involvement and makes it of a success here. Think I need to allow it more time to pass proper judgment.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:50 pm

saint jude wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 pm
It's been shown on both Pink Un and OTIB message boards and met with widespread ridicule. They got a point, Ashton leaping around like an oversize marlin.
They can both go f**k themselves.

And maybe get their eyes tested after that, ......., there was no leaping around. Walking along past the supporters and punching of air periodically whilst high 5-ing fans IS NOT leaping around.

Hopefully see more of this after the first win at Portman Road.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:59 pm

marko69 wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:50 pm

And maybe get their eyes tested after that, ......., there was no leaping around. Walking along past the supporters and punching of air periodically whilst high 5-ing fans IS NOT leaping around.

Agreed Marko. As for the Pink'un, perhaps they're more used to majority shareholders standing in the centre of the pitch and drawling "Come on, where are ya? Let's be havin you" Now that is embarrassing to the highest degree!

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:13 am

If I remember correctly, weren't most people complaining because they never saw ME?

Loved the passion, he can jump around all he wants. Here's to more wins and more of it!

What's really cool is, as the camera in that video is showing the Town fans in the stands, they give a low cheer. That is because as Ashton was leaving, he noticed the woman Town fan in the wheel chair and went back and gave her a hug. Class act!

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:05 am

Ohio, thanks for that. I was surprised that he seemed to ignore her and then the camera panned away. Glad he noticed and rightly so of course.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:20 am

Do we really care what a rival Norwich City paper and a Bristol City fans forum says?

We haven't as Town fans had much to cheer about for years, lets for once enjoy some positivity

As Marko says regarding the Pink Un and OTIB "They can both go f**k themselves."

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:28 am

For a team bottom of the league with zero points and relegated in September you would think they have more to worry about than us.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:34 am

marko69 wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:50 pm

I’d much rather Ashton’s response than having a bloody lush standing in the middle of pitch shouting “where are you….” The Stupid bitch.