League 1 - Portsmouth FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will we sink without a trace at Portsmouth?

Pompey Win
45%
Town Win
40%
Draw
15%

Total votes: 20

Blue Wilf

Re: League 1 - Portsmouth FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:16 pm

The one getting no game time that concerns me more is Piggot. If Bonne does go, we need him to hit the road running...

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:25 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:16 pm
The one getting no game time that concerns me more is Piggot. If Bonne does go, we need him to hit the road running...
I like him, too. He’s been out of the squad for the last two games because his dad died, but he hasn’t really had a sniff since Bonne started scoring. He’s another who could possibly play the 10 role behind the striker, but Chaplin looks like he’s sown that up. He’s a proper League One player… not one who’s dropped down and has to try to adjust to this league . 20 goals for Wimbledon last season. If it’s a problem… it’s a good problem to have.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:35 pm

JohnnyB wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:31 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:11 pm
JohnnyB wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:01 pm

To be fair we probably don’t need three or four of the following EIGHT attacking midfielders vying for the front three behind Bonne: Burns, Chaplin, Fraser, Celina, Harper, Edwards, Aluko and Barry. It’s hilarious-it’s like Cook collects them or something
There’s been a lot of talk of Barry cutting his loan short here. I just wonder if we do the same in January with Celina. Unless he’s a regular in the eleven would he still want to be here? He didn’t come here to be on the bench in a L1 team. Probably get a loan in the Championship easily enough.
Could be a lot more coming and going in the Jan transfer window (probably more going out than incoming). Think I’d prefer we offload some attacking players to create space to bring in an experienced CB and a CM.
It’s a shame with Barry, because I think he might be a major talent in the future but he’s not likely to get much of a look in here, and will probably move on. But what can you do? He’s got at least five ‘support strikers’ or attacking midfielders ahead of him in the queue
I think Barry in last seasons squad would be playing games because he’d be that much better than them . But in Cooks new squad ? Nah, not a hope . I’ll bet he leaves in January .

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:20 pm

jimmyt wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:54 pm
Shorts like a cheap hotel......... No ballroom
:lol:

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:59 pm

He’s got the BBC involved to push his cause 🙂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/58975861