League 1 - Portsmouth FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will we sink without a trace at Portsmouth?

Pompey Win
45%
Town Win
40%
Draw
15%

Total votes: 20

Frosty
Forum Owner

League 1 - Portsmouth FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:35 pm

Image Portsmouth FC vs Ipswich Town Image

Tuesday 19th October 2021 – 19:45

Fratton Park

Pre-Match Thoughts - Mike

Sorry Cookie But It's Just Not Happening For Me....

I'm not gonna lie or beat around the bush but this bright new era is falling short of the mark by some distance where I am concerned. I accept it was a massive rebuild from scratch and as such was always going to take a bit of time, that much was obvious but when it comes to the managerial basics I cannot help but think Paul Cook is seriously lacking. Seeing out games when on top and ahead doesn't always go to plan, again I accept that, but there is something fundamentally wrong when it happens virtually every week and against poor teams who have virtually not had a sniff all game, it comes back to the manager, sometimes individual player errors are costly and he can do nothing but the basics in seeing out games, changing tactics or formation and making effective substitutions sit at his door and he fails miserably more often than not.

For me Cambridge was a shocker, to be Two goals up and cruising and yet still not win beggars belief, I just do not accept that the substitutions he made were correct, it was horrendous, all day long he should have brought on another CB and a holding Midfielder not Two bloody showmen who flit in and out of games, if Toto and Harper had come on we win that game, simple as, it was a bigger error by Cook than anything Hladky or Burgess may or may not have done.

As a result we sit floundering in mid table mediocrity instead of being on the cusp of the play offs, for me it was a game we needed to win what with Portsmouth, Plymouth and Sunderland all looming large, maybe we'll turn it on against the better teams, we are going to need to or the gap will be growing by the week.

For what its worth I think the season is going to stumble along as it is now and for me that's not good enough, I see quite a few comments about where we are, how big the rebuild is and how we should lower expectations and yet look back to August and we were gonna storm the league blah blah blah, I'm not buying these excuses, that's how I feel, other teams like Wigan are gelling a hell of a lot quicker despite having had a massive turn over of players, it's been suggested that maybe some of our players are not as good as we maybe thought and in certain areas I would agree with that, defensively we are woeful, I think Toto needs to play and having Coulsen back will also strengthen us somewhat.

Next up its a trip to Portsmouth, always a tricky place to go and this time will be no exception, especially as there seems to be some bad blood between the Two teams following the Summer transfer shenanigans, especially the Michael Jacobs saga where Portsmouth deemed Paul Cook to be unprofessional and disrespectful, it should add an edge to the game.

I can't say I fancy us to bring home the Bacon but that's how my mindset is with the manager and team right now, hopefully they turn up and perform and prove me wrong, I'd like nothing better, we keep expecting this team to gel and go on a half decent run, it hasn't happened yet, maybe for some it's still early days, maybe I'm being unreasonable, I don't think so. Sadly I see this as a comfortable home win as the frustration mounts even more. I'd love to say keep the faith, usually I do, maybe I should be telling myself that right now !!!! COYB'S........FFS.

The Opposition – Portsmouth FC

The club was founded in 1898, with a blue plaque on the wall of 12 High Street Portsmouth commemorating its formation on 5 April. The club joined the Southern League in 1899. That first season was successful, with the club winning 20 out of 28 league matches, earning them the runner-up spot in the league. They suffered their first relegation in 1910–11 but the team was promoted again the following season.

League football was suspended during the First World War, but following the resumption of matches Portsmouth won the Southern League for the second time. Continuing success saw them in the Third Division for the 1920–21 season, going on to win the league in the 1923–24 season. The club continued to perform well in the Second Division, winning promotion by finishing second in the 1926–27 season.

Portsmouth's debut season in the First Division was a struggle. However, they reached the FA Cup final for the first time, losing to Bolton Wanderers. Portsmouth managed to survive relegation, and their fortunes began to change. The 1933–34 season saw Portsmouth again reach the FA Cup final, which they lost to Manchester City.

Having established themselves in the top flight, Portsmouth reached the 1939 FA Cup final, which they won against Wolves. League football was again suspended due to the Second World War, meaning Portsmouth hold the unusual distinction of holding the FA Cup for the longest uninterrupted period, as the trophy wasn't contested again until the 1945–46 season.

League football resumed for the 1946–47 campaign after five years and Portsmouth continued in the First Division. In their "Golden Jubilee" season of 1948–49, they claimed the league title for the first time. The club powered their way to the title the following year, on the last day of the season, and are thus one of only five English teams to have won back-to-back titles since the Second World War.

Subsequent seasons saw Portsmouth struggle and they were relegated to the Second Division in 1959. Portsmouth went down to the Third Division in 1961 (the first former English League champions to do so) but were promoted back to the Second Division at the first attempt. Despite limited financial means, Portsmouth retained Second Division status throughout the sixties.

The cash injection that accompanied the arrival of John Deacon as chairman in 1972 failed to improve Portsmouth's league position. With Deacon unable to continue bankrolling the club on the same scale, Portsmouth were relegated to the Third Division in 1976.

In November 1976, the club found itself needing to raise £25,000 to pay off debts and so avoid bankruptcy. With players having to be sold to ease the club's financial situation, and no money available for replacements, Portsmouth were consequently relegated to the Fourth Division in 1978.

Portsmouth were promoted back to Division Three in 1980, and in the 1982–83 season they won the Third Division championship, gaining promotion back to the Second Division. Under Alan Ball's management, Portsmouth narrowly missed out on winning promotion to the First Division twice before finally succeeding in 1986–87. Unfortunately, by the middle of the 1987–88 season the club was again in grave financial trouble, and Portsmouth were relegated straight back to the Second Division.

Portsmouth's centenary season, 1998–99, saw a serious financial crisis hit the club, and in December 1998 Portsmouth went into financial administration. Milan Mandarić saved the club with a takeover deal in May 1999, and the new chairman immediately started investing.

Harry Redknapp took over as manager in early 2002. Redknapp was able to make the most of Mandarić's willingness to invest in players at a time when competitors were struggling after the collapse of ITV Digital's television deal with the Football League. Just over a year later, Portsmouth were celebrating winning the Division One Championship and promotion to the Premier League, winning the title with a game to spare.

The club finished 13th, 16th and 17th in their first three Premier League seasons. Redknapp had resigned midway through the club's second Premier League season, after a disagreement with Mandarić, and went on to manage bitter rivals Southampton, only to return just over a year later. In January 2006, Portsmouth were bought by businessman Alexandre Gaydamak, whose funding allowed the club to buy practically a whole new squad mid-season. With large amounts of money available for the manager to make record signings, the club finished the 2006–07 season in the top half of the table for the first time, only one point short of European qualification.

The 2007–08 season saw Portsmouth finish eighth in the Premier League and reach the FA Cup final, which they won against Cardiff. The win earned them a place in the 2008–09 UEFA Cup, the club's first experience of European football.

On 25 October 2008, Redknapp left Portsmouth for a second time, with the club ultimately finishing the 2008–09 Premier League season in 14th place. On 26 May, Portsmouth accepted a bid from United Arab Emirates businessman Sulaiman Al Fahim to buy the club. However, due to financial problems and an ownership battle, the club was eventually purchased by Ali al-Faraj, who took over control. On 5 October, a deal was agreed for Al Faraj and his associates, via BVI-registered company Falcondrone, to hold a 90% majority holding, with Al-Fahim retaining a 10% stake and the title of non-executive chairman for two years. Falcondrone also agreed a deal with Gaydamak to buy, for £1, Miland Development (2004) Ltd, which owns various strategic pockets of land around the ground, once refinancing was complete. Two days after the Al-Faraj takeover was completed, Portsmouth's former Technical Director Avram Grant returned as Director of Football. However, because of the financial problems, the Premier League placed the club under a transfer embargo, meaning the club were not allowed to sign any players.

Avram Grant took over at Portsmouth on 26 November 2009, replacing former manager Paul Hart, who had been sacked by the board two days previously, due to the club's position at the bottom of the league.

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) filed a winding-up petition against Portsmouth at the High Court in London on 23 December 2009. In March 2010, this winding-up petition was dropped, leaving Portsmouth with a nine-point penalty for entering administration. During the 2009–10 season, it had become apparent to the club's new owner Balram Chainrai that Portsmouth were approximately £135 million in debt so, to protect them from liquidation, Chainrai placed the club into administration on 26 February 2010. This automatically incurred a nine-point penalty from the FA Premier League, which came into effect on 17 March and consigned the team to almost certain relegation, which was mathematically confirmed on 10 April.

On 9 April, it was announced David Lampitt would be joining Portsmouth as their new CEO after he had worked a period of notice at the FA, his employer at the time. In May, Avram Grant resigned as Portsmouth manager. On 17 June, the club's creditors voted for a Company Voluntary Arrangement, with an 81.3% majority; Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Paul Hart and the agent of Portsmouth midfielder Tommy Smith were the only ones to reject it. On 17 August, Balram Chainrai completed his takeover of the club and passed the owners and directors’ fit and proper person test.

Former Notts County manager Steve Cotterill was appointed manager of the club in June 2010 on a three-year contract. Portsmouth finished the season with an eight-game winless run and ended up 16th with 58 points.

On 1 June 2011, Convers Sports Initiatives, owned by Russian Vladimir Antonov, completed its takeover of the club.

On 23 November 2011, a Europe-wide arrest warrant was issued for Portsmouth owner Antonov by Lithuanian prosecutors as part of an investigation into alleged asset stripping at Lithuanian bank Bankas Snoras, which is 68% owned by Antonov and had gone into temporary administration the previous week. On 29 November 2011, Antonov resigned as chairman of Portsmouth after parent company Convers Sports Initiatives entered administration. On 17 February, Portsmouth went into administration for the second time in two years, bringing them an automatic 10-point deduction. On 21 April, Portsmouth were relegated from the Championship, condemning them to League One – the first time in 30 years that the club had played at that level.

Following Pompey's relegation, the entire professional playing squad left the club.

On 9 November 2012, Chanrai halted his attempt to buy the club. Six days later, the Pompey Supporters’ Trust signed a conditional agreement with PFK to buy the club. Portsmouth were unable to find a manager on a long-term basis due to their financial state. The club went on a record winless run, playing their 20th game without a win in February 2013. The winless streak lasted a total of 23 matches, finally ending on 2 March 2013 as Portsmouth won away at Crewe Alexandra. On 10 April 2013, a deal with administrators was reached, although the Pompey Supporters' Trust had not yet finalised the purchase. Portsmouth were relegated to League Two at the end of the season.

On 19 April 2013, Portsmouth exited administration when the Pompey Supporters’ Trust’s deal to buy the club was completed.

On a historic announcement, on Monday 29 September 2014, the club was able to declare itself debt-free after paying back all creditors and all legacy payments to ex-players. The news came 18 months after the PST took control of the club.

Paul Cook led Portsmouth to an EFL League Two play-off spot in the 2015–16 season but lost to Plymouth Argyle in the semi-final.

In the 2016–17 EFL League Two season, Paul Cook's side secured promotion to League One and were crowned champions of League Two.

Paul Cook resigned on 31 May 2017 to join Wigan Athletic. Kenny Jackett was appointed the new manager on Friday 2 June 2017. In May the Pompey Supporters' Trust (PST) voted in favour of a proposed bid by The Tornante Company, headed by former Disney chief executive Michael Eisner, to take over the club which was completed on 3 August 2017.

On 15 March 2018, Portsmouth revealed a newly redesigned club crest, featuring a new nautical compass star and an "1898" date, added for the founding year of the football club. The new crest was introduced for the new 2018–19 season.

Portsmouth remained undefeated in the 2018–19 EFL League One campaign for eleven consecutive league matches and topped the League One table. On Sunday 31 March 2019, Portsmouth met Sunderland in the 2019 EFL Trophy Final and won the cup with by a penalty shootout.

Portsmouth's qualified for the League One play-offs which they lost to Sunderland at the semi-final stage at the conclusion of the 2018/19 season.

On Tuesday 9 June 2020, the football clubs of EFL League One (and EFL League Two) voted to end the season early on a points-per-game calculation, which resulted with Coventry City as League One champions and Rotherham United as League One runners-up. Portsmouth were awarded a fifth place finish to earn one of the four promotion play-off places for the EFL Championship, and were matched with Oxford United in a two-legged semi-final behind closed doors. After two legs a penalty shoot-out was needed to settle the 2-2 aggregate tie, which Oxford United won 5–4.

After multiple consecutive losses and with only one win in seven games, manager Kenny Jackett was sacked on 14 March 2021, ending his almost 4 year tenure with the club. Jackett left Portsmouth in 7th place in the league, despite being top at Christmas, one place below the play-off positions.

On 19 March 2021, the club appointed Danny Cowley as manager until the end of the 2020/21 season. By early May 2021 and with 45 league games played, Portsmouth were in sixth position with a single game to play, needing to win their last game to guarantee their sixth-place play-off place, however, Portsmouth lost to Accrington and ultimately ended up in 8th place.

On Monday 10 May 2021, Danny Cowley and brother Nicky Cowley both signed "long-term" deals to remain at Portsmouth as manager and assistant respectively.

The Manager – Danny Cowley

Form Guide

Portsmouth Last 5 Matches – currently in 12th place with 15 points

25 Sep Charlton 2 - 2 Portsmouth

28 Sep Burton Albion 2 - 1 Portsmouth

2 Oct Portsmouth 4 - 0 Sunderland

9 Oct Portsmouth pp. Cheltenham

16 Oct Rotherham 4 - 1 Portsmouth

Ipswich Last 5 Matches – currently in 15th place with 14 points

25 Sep Ipswich Town 1 - 1 Sheffield Wed

28 Sep Ipswich Town 6 - 0 Doncaster

2 Oct Accrington 2 - 1 Ipswich Town

9 Oct Ipswich Town 2 - 1 Shrewsbury

16 Oct Cambridge Utd 2 - 2 Ipswich Town

Match Referee – Joshua Smith

PORTSMOUTH 1 IPSWICH TOWN 1

Dazzz67

Re: League 1 - Portsmouth FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Dazzz67 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:59 pm

Going to try and be positive therefore 2 - 1 loss, sorry but could be a lot worse.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:20 pm

Passionate, from the heart, preview. Impatience & anger in abundance but arguably rightly so. I say "arguably" because it is definitely a divided fanbase over Cookie.

Someone else posted on here regarding timescales on when the Americans could potentially pull the trigger......., that is an interesting debate and the next three games could have that discussion firing on all cylinders.

For me, and the extremely limited highlights I have witnessed --->> I hope certain individuals pull their fingers out their arses and maybe be on board WITH Paul Cook and help the cause. Even if the manager is struggling however much; certain players should have the nous to adjust to dangers in the final minutes of a game, regardless of whether Cook puts Celina on or not. That is how I see it. A few need to stand up and be accounted for........., because as has been said: Celina scores and its genius.

But...., the next three weeks is 100% crucial for Cookies future. A draw at Fratton Pk would be a fighting result but must be looking for 3 points @ PR to Fleetwood following saturday.

Ref caption:

Player: "Keeper touched that, Ref. Corner?"
Ref: "Aye right then. MILES WIDE! Bye kick."

Superchef1

Post by Superchef1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:59 pm

Anybody know where the best parking would be? Never been to Fratton park, but going on Tuesday :)

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:34 am

Superchef1 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:59 pm
Anybody know where the best parking would be? Never been to Fratton park, but going on Tuesday :)
Velder Avenue Matchday Parking Lot, Price £ 5.00.

Half-mile from the stadium, used often by away fans, walking distance no more than ten minutes.

or, The Milton Cross Academy.

£ 6.00 charge, slightly further distance but only a matter of meters. Security operate during game times in order to prevent crime, watch over vehicles etc. May be the better option, extra peace of mind while game is underway.

Milton Arms is the nearest drinking establishment incidentally. Away fans are safe although advise to hide team colors when on premises. (As we're both blue and white clubs, guess you can sort of blend in maybe)

Superchef1

Post by Superchef1 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:04 am

Many thanks for info! I'm in west Sussex this week on holiday, was a surprise when I found it was pompey v ipswich so managed to get 2 tickets! Blue Army

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:46 am

Hmmm difficult one to call. Apart from the impressive 4-0 mauling of Sunderland, Pompey are on a dire run of form: one win in nine. Like us, they score lots and concede lots, so it could go either way.

I’m going for us to tip the balance, just. The players and Cook have a point to prove

Pompey 2 Town 3

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:43 am

JohnnyB wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:46 am
Hmmm difficult one to call. Apart from the impressive 4-0 mauling of Sunderland, Pompey are on a dire run of form: one win in nine.

I’m going for us to tip the balance, just. The players and Cook have a point to prove

Pompey 2 Town 3
Oh I edited, because they don’t score a lot after all. Unless v Sunderland 🙂

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:58 am

Probably already written in the stars that Jacobs will come off the bench and score the winner.
Can’t see us getting anything from this game.
Portsmouth 2 Town 1

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:01 am

I’ve gone for an unlikely Town win, just coz football is what it is …unpredictable and so often just plain ridiculous ! :D

Pompey 1- Town 2

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:02 am

Superchef1 wrote:
Keep your colours hidden …they’re a mad bunch down there.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:31 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:02 am
Superchef1 wrote:
Keep your colours hidden …they’re a mad bunch down there.
.... and street parking is almost non existential Doug, or at least it was the last time I was there.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:27 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:52 am
We should've hired the Cowley brothers.
Why? What have they done since Lincoln ?
I think this may be a draw. Need to start winning though.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:45 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
I think many of the Pompey fans wish we had ......especially after Saturdays result at Rotherham...

Quote.. Pompey fans telling the cowley brothers to f*ck off at the full time whistle 🤣 ....

Their fans are definitely not happy at the moment..

Portsmouth fans fight with each other with seats ripped out at Rotherham

It’s reported that Portsmouth fans chose to fight each other with seats ripped out whilst they saw their side lose at Rotherham on Saturday.

1,242 Pompey fans were in attendance at the New York Stadium, however, they ended up going home far from happy with what they witnessed

Let’s hope we’re not on the receiving end of a rebound.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:53 am

Oh, so not just Town fans being complete tits then , good, I was starting to worry .

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:45 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:53 am
Oh, so not just Town fans being complete tits then , good, I was starting to worry .
Typed out a major rant last night and posted here re seat smashers, Hallam …… but decided to delete 20 minutes after posting. Would’ve just generated complaints.

But yep…….. some people really do need to grow the hell up. It is only a game.

But, since posting……. Had another viewpoint occur to me……… these utter delinquent pond life arseholes……… if its not a stadium seat, is it going to be a wife or child? Should they be allowed to direct their psychotic tendencies on a plastic seat?

Really puts me off. Even going to Tynecastle and certain Hibs delinquents think its ok to damage the property…… i HATE leaving that stadium being associated with these twats.

Would like to think (with confidence) that there are no Carrow Road wreckers from the past on this forum.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 am

marko69 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:45 am
hallamblue wrote:
Typed out a major rant last night and posted here re seat smashers, Hallam …… but decided to delete 20 minutes after posting. Would’ve just generated complaints.

But, since posting……. Had another viewpoint occur to me……… these utter delinquent pond life arseholes……… if its not a stadium seat, is it going to be a wife or child? Should they be allowed to direct their psychotic tendencies on a plastic seat?

Really puts me off. Even going to Tynecastle and certain Hibs delinquents think its ok to damage the property…… i HATE leaving that stadium being associated with these twats.

Would like to think (with confidence) that there are no Carrow Road wreckers from the past on this forum.
Don’t know about breaking seats but I can confirm that there were some Town fans acting like tits at Cambridge on Saturday.
One of the reasons why I don’t enjoy these games against local opposition as it seems to attract them even more. Same with England away, any Easyjet/Ryanair destination seems to bring them out in droves.
Tbh getting to the point where I’m seriously considering whether it’s worthwhile.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:41 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 am
marko69 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:45 am
hallamblue wrote:

Don’t know about breaking seats but I can confirm that there were some Town fans acting like tits at Cambridge on Saturday.
One of the reasons why I don’t enjoy these games against local opposition as it seems to attract them even more. Same with England away, any Easyjet/Ryanair destination seems to bring them out in droves.
Tbh getting to the point where I’m seriously considering whether it’s worthwhile.
Well, if its any consolation, Shed, I didn't renew the season ticket for Easter Road after Covid and i am not missing it. The proper delinquent contingent was on the rapid rise pre-covid and the police are becoming increasingly scared.

And TBH, i used to enjoy the derbies, but for some reason, the sectarian BS is coming back into it and i really cannot be bothered with any of that.
There was even (apparently; not sure, word of mouth) ….. bother amongst Scotland fans at recent qualifiers. No doubt Rangers / Celtic fans disagreeing with each other on who plays! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:56 am

Is it only fans who break seats etc that are complete tits or those of us questioning Cook too ?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:00 am

Breaking seats and using aggression in any form of physical violence over sport = tit.

Having a voice as a paying supporter over possible incompetence on a managers part…… that is totally ok. No voice, then whats the point? 🤷‍♂️

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:22 am

Compare our away form with Portsmouth’s home form and this should be a comfortable win for Pompey especially when you look at their recent 4-0 demolition of Sunderland. However more recently their fans have turned on the Cowley Brothers and the team and if we can contain them in the first half or even better go in front the crowd will turn and impact on team performance. If this were a Prediction League game the stats would suggest a Banker 2-1 win for Pompey, however given our giving silly goals away from winning positions has to stop sometime, I’m going against the odds with a 1-2 win to Town which would be our first win at Fratton Park since February 2012.
Bizarrely I’m really looking forward to this and praying that my ifollow stream works, unlike Saturday when I could find every League game bar ours.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:40 am

BlueBalls wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:21 am
valleyroad wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:27 pm
BlueBalls wrote:
Why? What have they done since Lincoln ?
I think this may be a draw. Need to start winning though.
Because I think they would've done a much better job than Cook, both being available at the time we appointed.

For me, they also have an air of competence about them rather than an air of scouse BS.

All just my opinion of course.
They have had a complete rebuild in 8 weeks though , have they! And some would say the comment of “ scouse BS” is racist.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:20 am

Scouse BS racist!

Please don't let this forum sink to that level. As Marko has said, it's only a game.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:56 am

Must admit, laughing out loud @ the “scouse BS” being massively ARGUABLY racist. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If that’s racist, then holy hell on Earth; we’re screwed!

The ginger, freckled faced, deep fried mars bar munching, porridge eating, skirt wearing, caber tossing one has spoken! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:58 am

And re scouse……. I understand Darren Farleys version of Carragher & Gerrard more that the guys themselves! :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:22 pm

I did say “ some” might say it’s racist. The world is overly PC these days and you can’t say anything . I actually got “ banned “ for 3 days by referring to gypsies (who had been charged with dog stealing in Ipswich), as “probably those Pikies from West Meadows” (a gypsy caravan park on edge of town).

It was classed by FB as a “ hate” post 🤷‍♀️

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:12 pm

Right lets get off this racist chit chat and back to football lol.

I have purchased a pass for the game on iFollow this evening, hoping of a repeat last time I watched, the Doncaster game!

Now that would be great but setttle for a 1 -0 if they can manage it.

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:13 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:22 pm
I did say “ some” might say it’s racist. The world is overly PC these days and you can’t say anything . I actually got “ banned “ for 3 days by referring to gypsies (who had been charged with dog stealing in Ipswich), as “probably those Pikies from West Meadows” (a gypsy caravan park on edge of town).

It was classed by FB as a “ hate” post 🤷‍♀️
Don''t get me started on the whole racist thing.

I lived in the Bahamas for 4 years where whites are hated with a passion - I was called honky and worse, and when I had to queue up at a bank or supermarket or such like, as soon as I got to the front of the queue the till was suddenly closed. Difference is, I accepted it as part of life, not treating it as personal like so many minorities over here do. So don't let them tell you that racism is only shown by whites to other colours - it happens everywhere.

Funny, was watching an old episode from the '60s of Til Death Us Do Part - bloody funny and Alf Garnett talked a hell of a lot of sense, albeit most of it was pure banter. How things have changed (for the worse) in my lifetime.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:49 pm

Lol that ‘till death us do part proggie wouldn’t be allowed to be shown now would it … :lol:

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:07 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:49 pm
Lol that ‘till death us do part proggie wouldn’t be allowed to be shown now would it … :lol:
it is in the Philippines :wink: