Brett Johnson

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Brett Johnson

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:38 pm

Attending his first game tomorrow, I hope we give him a fantastic reception which I'm sure we will, not to mention Three points!

Tangfastic

Re: Brett Johnson

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:45 pm

Hope so, too.

I’m so used to us shooting ourselves in the foot that I kind of expect his visit to end in disappointment.

Think we should win…. but just can’t shake that niggly feeling. Come on, Cookie.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:22 pm

Just seen this thread and have said similar Tang on the match day thread . It’s be just like us wouldn’t it, not to turn up !

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:06 pm

If that's the case...... Cook OUT, inconsistent tossers lol

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:10 pm

I hope he does an extensive interview while he's here. I think we're all curious about how the owners are feeling about the season so far.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:27 pm

number 9 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:10 pm
I hope he does an extensive interview while he's here. I think we're all curious about how the owners are feeling about the season so far.
Hmmmm… that would be interesting.

If he did an interview that they weren’t expecting instant results, it’s a long season, bla, bla, bla then you’d think they’re backing Cook and are If he’s too guarded, you’d wonder if Cook is under pressure. Hope it’s the former.

I can only see the Town fans giving him a warm welcome. A selfie with MacBonne would go down a storm. Just hope we win well tomorrow and everyone’s goes home happy.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:01 pm

Just copied & paste my response to Hallam on tomorrow’s match thread;

I just hope the fans give him a great Portman Road reception 👏👏👏 and the Cookie haters stay at home.

I know the results haven’t gone our way as often as we would have liked but I just love watching this team develop and I strongly believe the future under PC will be good and the pain along the way worthwhile.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:06 am

I personally think were going to do a job in them today and for once give him a experience he will cherish.

Just seen the interview, what a smashing bloke he is, excited, real passion for the club, reminded me of a kiddy in a sweetshop. Hope he has a great time and enjoys his time at Ipswich.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:19 am

I love the way he talks and the passion for the club is clear to see, the takeover by these guys is fantastic, I just hope to god we do have the right man in place as Manager, I have had a wobble with Cook in recent weeks but I so want the guy to succeed, he is infectious and so likeable but the thing is, Cook is NOT here to be liked, he is here to win Football matches and if he does that he will be liked by most anyway.