Cardiff City

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

Re: Cardiff City

Post by goldandblack » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:24 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:14 pm
Almost 30K packed into Portman Road for that 1-1 1st leg play off in 2015. Did they get 3K? So that is 27K bouncing ITFC fans Mevans witnessed.

But......, fk all investment for 15/16 season.
It was all there at that time to really kick on, and the owner missed it,
it came that close to a statue of MM next to Sir Bobby Robson that night, that's football i suppose,

for someone so unpopular on here he can still get 3 pages on an Ipswich forum, 8)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:32 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:24 pm
marko69 wrote:
Almost 30K packed into Portman Road for that 1-1 1st leg play off in 2015. Did they get 3K? So that is 27K bouncing ITFC fans Mevans witnessed.

it came that close to a statue of MM next to Sir Bobby Robson that night, that's football i suppose,

for someone so unpopular on here he can still get 3 pages on an Ipswich forum, 8)
Well....... not really. Was 2-1 @ Carrot Road but wasn't that close......., Redmond & Jerome show.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:40 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:32 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:24 pm
marko69 wrote:

Well....... not really. Was 2-1 @ Carrot Road but wasn't that close......., Redmond & Jerome show.
i mean it was close considering the position the Town were a couple of seasons before, that was the time to invest in Mick to go one better the following seasons.

seeing today the sad news on Walter Smith RIP,

I always remember him being offered the Wolves job after MM's sacking
he turned the job down.
along with Alan Curbishley, Brian McDermott, and Gus Poyet

tells you something about our owners at the time, good managers wouldn't go near the place after what they did to Merlin, Graham Taylor, Dave Jones etc etc