Rotherham home game

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazzz67

Rotherham home game

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:24 am

Sorry guys & ladies but just had to post, I am actually attending my first home game for over a decade and I am so excited, ticket all purchased, its been far too long coming.

Hopefully its going to be a good game and a lot better than my last visit, a loss to Palace! (yes it was eons ago).

Hopefully may meet a few of you there!

shabba

Re: Rotherham home game

Post by shabba » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:19 pm

Awesome! I was back at Portman road for the first time since covid recently, only get to go a couple of times a year due to family commitments but it’s so good to be able to be in the stadium.

Rotherham will be a very tough test but at least we have a team now who can score goals and entertain.
Soak it up and make a full day of it if you can, was great to see the town alive again with people everywhere and local business back thriving on match day.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:04 pm

Cheers Shabba, hoping to get there early-mid afternoon, as you say make a bit of a day of it.

Have a potter round, food etc, pop in the shop and have a browse, its my b'day 2 days later so treating myself!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:55 pm

You must be really excited, have a good show OK.

take a moment when you're in attendance and preparing for action that there's a lot of people who would want to be in your place. Strongly feel those that i.e. season ticket holders, who attend week in week out take certain things for granted. Not all have the privilege to watch the team in live action, from past experience the less infrequent you go, the more of an event it is (when back viewing real action)

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:57 pm

saint jude wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:55 pm

take a moment when you're in attendance and preparing for action that there's a lot of people who would want to be in your place. Strongly feel those that i.e. season ticket holders, who attend week in week out take certain things for granted. Not all have the privilege to watch the team in live action, from past experience the less infrequent you go, the more of an event it is (when back viewing real action)
So true. The last live game I attended was back in the 1990s!

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:52 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:57 pm
saint jude wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:55 pm

So true. The last live game I attended was back in the 1990s!
Some might say, early 2000s apart, lucky you. :wink: :P :lol: