Now We Know Why We Aren’t Sorting Out Our Problems Conceding

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Now We Know Why We Aren’t Sorting Out Our Problems Conceding

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:04 pm

Franny Jeffers coaching our defenders. :lol:

hallamblue

Re: Now We Know Why We Aren’t Sorting Out Our Problems Conceding

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:07 am

I’ve just copied my response to this question on this thread also ….

The bit about Francis Jeffers is an interesting one and maybe not as far fetched as it might sound . Consider for a moment this.

Who has the most experience of what is a “ good” defence , and what makes a “ bad “ defence in a game situation ?

A striker !

An experienced striker will KNOW what type of defender or defence he would hate to be playing against …..conversely, he’ll also know the type of defender : defending he could score against all day long .

That aside, you need to have the quality / caliber of defensive player at the club to teach those skills too.

Atm I don’t think Town has that yet. It is an area I’m fully expecting to be addressed in January window if we are to seriously push on in the second half of the season .