Fans Forum

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Fans Forum

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:29 pm

As well as the Jeffers revelation there was quite a lot of interesting things brought up tonight.
Sounds like we will be active in the January transfer market and that there will be a lot of work involved regarding the new pitch and under soil heating next off season. Also, once again the owners have confirmed they are in it for the long term

number 9

Re: Fans Forum

Post by number 9 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:35 am

Thanks, good to hear. I don’t think there’s any doubt the Americans are in for the long haul. They’re business men with an emphasis on sports franchises. They’ve done their due diligence and ITFC fits their investment model. Who knows if Cook will bring us success, but I honestly believe we’ll eventually achieve promotion under the ownership we have in place.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:03 am

Some REALLY good noises coming out of that fans forum last night and totally underlines the plans and commitments by GC20 to the Club IMO.

The bit about Francis Jeffers is an interesting one and maybe not as far fetched as it might sound . Consider for a moment this.

Who has the most experience of what is a “ good” defence , and what makes a “ bad “ defence in a game situation ?

A striker !

An experienced striker will KNOW what type of defender or defence he would hate to be playing against …..conversely, he’ll also know the type of defender : defending he could score against all day long .

That aside, you need to have the quality / caliber of defensive player at the club to teach those skills too.

Atm I don’t think Town has that yet. It is an area I’m fully expecting to be addressed in January window if we are to seriously push on in the second half of the season .

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:58 am

I know Ashton gets a lot of plaudits but the person that really impresses me is O’Leary.
He appears to be so calm about things and always thinking several steps ahead regarding future plans for the club.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:40 am

Agree, was a good watch. The fact there is clear leadership and a real plan to the vision is so good too see.

We need to be patient as these are early days on this journey but the club is making good strides in the right direction now.

I was also surprised about making signings in January- suspect Barry will go back, Norwood and Jackson will try and be moved on to clear wage budget space and they may target a centre back and possibly cover for Morsy. I don’t think we need much else - so long as we can keep Bonne…

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:12 am

I was quite disappointed with the quote of 7-10 years tbh, its a long time in Football I agree but not overly long to achieve what they say they want to here.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:54 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:12 am
I was quite disappointed with the quote of 7-10 years tbh, its a long time in Football I agree but not overly long to achieve what they say they want to here.
Schwartz did say it might be longer than that and could be 10-15 years. Again it shows they are already planning for the future. Interesting what O'leary said about Evans and how Gamechanger had to meet certain conditions to buy the club.
Changing the subject, When Cook was asked about Pigott and Norwood and their playing time it was noticeable how he just mentioned that Joe certainly should have had more playing time but said absolutely nothing about Norwood.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:09 pm

I’ll copy n past here, what my response on twtd to his comment of 7-10 years …..which had been picked up by a few fans . My view is this….

I’d actually suggest GC20 are looking beyond the Premier League, to the Champions League, that’s where the real returns are achieved.

ALL owners of professional football clubs but then to make money . It’s what the modern game has become, and anyone who subscribes to Sky is fuelling that. It’s what the game is now so we either embrace it or settle for “ existing” in the lower divisions.

I actually feel GC20 are looking way beyond the Premier League, but in fact to the Champions League.

One thing our investors do (especially coming from USA) is to think BIG.

Pension funds view anything under 10 years in the investment industry as “short term”. So I feel some people who are getting twitchy and focusing solely on ONE sentence that included the words “7-10 years”, need to chill out a bit . He said MUCH more than that last night , and like any public speaking person he is being judged on one sentence whilst the rest of what he said is almost immediately dismissed.

Have faith in GC20. They are at least transparent, and have said they may well eventually sell the Club again. But they also said it would be pointless to invest in and build the club only to sell it off and have fall apart …. It’s big just “ the club” they play to develop, but the community that the club is an integral part of. Bloody hell , what a rounded vision our owners have . And for those that doubt it need look no further than their work at Phoenix Rising - they have done exactly that and more , in a Country where “ football” is not that Nation’s primary sport .

If, but more likely when, they decide to sell ITFC , this Club will be unrecognisable (in a positive way ), from what it is today. I’ve said before , I can see some parallels to what’s happened at Man City, happening here under GC20, but on a smaller scale . But who's to say some wealth Arab consortium wouldn’t then buy ( Premier League) Town, and on we go again !

Running towards adversity …. Think positive …. Think big ….

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:12 pm

I'm certainly not twitchy but more realistic to the fact 7 years on the position we are in just isn't a great deal of time, if as Shed says he went on to mention 10-15 years then fab , that's long term to me and a sign of intent.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:04 pm

I was referring to twtd posters as being twitchy Mike .. x

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:08 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:12 pm
I'm certainly not twitchy but more realistic to the fact 7 years on the position we are in just isn't a great deal of time, if as Shed says he went on to mention 10-15 years then fab , that's long term to me and a sign of intent.
Yes "10 - 15 years or however long" was mentioned by Ed Schwartz

Personally by everything that was said I feel we can relax and not worry too much

When the question came regarding the Cobbold Stand the answer was that they have to look at improving the whole stadium. They mentioned changing rooms, PA system as well as already mentioned above Pitch and dugouts, also new score board and to do this they first must apply for planning permission to make an entrance for vehicles to access the Pitch in the corner by Cobbold and Sir Alf Ramsey stand.
Was also said that Cobbold Stand is coming near to the end of its life span
I feel come five years the stadium will be vastly different to what it is now

Other thing was mentioned by Paul Cook himself was loan players. He said some of the players have no recall in January in the contract, he made a quip something like that maybe the mother clubs might want them back but tough as its not in the terms agreed and signed.

Also Mark did say further business will be done in January, could that mean offer for Bonne? Who knows