Page 3 of 4

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:27 pm
by Charnwood
I think Paul Cook will still be here at the end of the season and I hope so too. Town are a football club in transition and Paul Cook and his team are are still “work in progress”.
Whilst he wasn’t my favourite for the job when he was appointed I’ve come to like him and most of the players he’s brought in too. I also like the way he wants us to play football which is mostly attacking, exciting and entertaining and I think even more important is the potential this team has, more so than any other Town team over the past ten years.
Over this period we’ve had the experienced Mick McCarthy who did a brilliant job saving us from relegation but he was never given any real support from ME and he did a typical ex defender Manager's job until he fell out with the supporters. The way he set up his teams was mostly boring exactly as they were to watch. Paul Hurst was the most ridiculous appointment of all and his recruitment like the man himself was dire. As for Paul Lambert he worked well at first to rebuild the relationship between players and fans but his football was equally as boring and negative as McCarthy, hence the ongoing decline of ITFC.
Along came Paul Cook, almost certainly the manager chosen by the new owners and if not fully endorsed by. Out went most of the deadwood and in came an almost complete new squad hand picked by himself and the clubs new management team. With the number of new players coming in they were never likely to play as a team from week one or even month one and some were certain to prove better fits than others, hence the work in progress title.
Surely everyone can see the progress that’s been made and the potential we have going forward, do we really want to throw this away and start again. At the moment we’re the second highest scoring team in English football, and scoring goals has always been the biggest challenge for town teams over recent years. I accept we’ve conceded lots too but fixing a defence is a much easier job for a manager than finding players who create chances and score goals. I’m convinced Paul Cook will fix our defence and if not with our current players with one or even two newbies in the January transfer window.
In my opinion changing the manager now would be suicidal and about the worst thing that could happen to our football club, especially in the short term. Looking further ahead I think he could do a decent job in the Championship too, looking beyond that at the present time is pointless.

Finally to AzzurroMark, I hope you are recovering well from Covid and not suffering too badly. 🤞

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:19 pm
by valleyroad
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:27 pm
I think Paul Cook will still be here at the end of the season and I hope so too. Town are a football club in transition and Paul Cook and his team are are still “work in progress”.
Whilst he wasn’t my favourite for the job when he was appointed I’ve come to like him and most of the players he’s brought in too. I also like the way he wants us to play football which is mostly attacking, exciting and entertaining and I think even more important is the potential this team has, more so than any other Town team over the past ten years.
Over this period we’ve had the experienced Mick McCarthy who did a brilliant job saving us from relegation but he was never given any real support from ME and he did a typical ex defender Manager's job until he fell out with the supporters. The way he set up his teams was mostly boring exactly as they were to watch. Paul Hurst was the most ridiculous appointment of all and his recruitment like the man himself was dire. As for Paul Lambert he worked well at first to rebuild the relationship between players and fans but his football was equally as boring and negative as McCarthy, hence the ongoing decline of ITFC.
Along came Paul Cook, almost certainly the manager chosen by the new owners and if not fully endorsed by. Out went most of the deadwood and in came an almost complete new squad hand picked by himself and the clubs new management team. With the number of new players coming in they were never likely to play as a team from week one or even month one and some were certain to prove better fits than others, hence the work in progress title.
Surely everyone can see the progress that’s been made and the potential we have going forward, do we really want to throw this away and start again. At the moment we’re the second highest scoring team in English football, and scoring goals has always been the biggest challenge for town teams over recent years. I accept we’ve conceded lots too but fixing a defence is a much easier job for a manager than finding players who create chances and score goals. I’m convinced Paul Cook will fix our defence and if not with our current players with one or even two newbies in the January transfer window.
In my opinion changing the manager now would be suicidal and about the worst thing that could happen to our football club, especially in the short term. Looking further ahead I think he could do a decent job in the Championship too, looking beyond that at the present time is pointless.

Finally to AzzurroMark, I hope you are recovering well from Covid and not suffering too badly. 🤞
Spot on.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:48 pm
by AzzurroMark
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:27 pm
Finally to AzzurroMark, I hope you are recovering well from Covid and not suffering too badly. 🤞
Thank you. I am getting there and the cough is slowly disappearing. Consider myself very lucky that i have not been badly affected thanks to the vaccines i received.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:22 pm
by Kerry Blue
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:48 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:27 pm
Finally to AzzurroMark, I hope you are recovering well from Covid and not suffering too badly. 🤞
Thank you. I am getting there and the cough is slowly disappearing. Consider myself very lucky that i have not been badly affected thanks to the vaccines i received.
Good news pleased for you 👍

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:43 am
by AzzurroMark
Kerry Blue wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:22 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:48 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:27 pm
Finally to AzzurroMark, I hope you are recovering well from Covid and not suffering too badly. 🤞
Thank you. I am getting there and the cough is slowly disappearing. Consider myself very lucky that i have not been badly affected thanks to the vaccines i received.
Good news pleased for you 👍
Cheers. 👍

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:38 am
by number 9
There’s been a lot of talk about Cook’s wrong decisions, but what about playing Clements? What about keeping Walton in? Those are examples of decisions based on performance. That’s what I want in a manager…play the best performing players.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:21 am
by Bluemike
Messed up with Chaplin then

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:08 am
by Charnwood
Maybe he didn’t mess up with Chaplin, maybe he thinks Chaplin could do more, maybe he wanted to shake him up and not assume his place. Different players respond to different management styles and a good manager uses different styles with different people and at different times. There is so much psychology linked to good people management, and one is not to have a single style.

I certainly wouldn’t be getting too hooked up on this Chaplin scenario which seems to be getting overplayed.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:37 am
by Bluemike
At the time Chaplin was on fire and probably our best player, its not even so much about dropping him but not telling him why etc is poor.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:10 am
by Bluemike
When I started this thread someone remarked we were only 4 points off the play offs, what is it now ? Most thought I was stupid and on a wind up, not looking so daft at the moment. It could Change for the better but don't hold your breath.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:55 pm
by valleyroad
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:10 am
When I started this thread someone remarked we were only 4 points off the play offs, what is it now ? Most thought I was stupid and on a wind up, not looking so daft at the moment. It could Change for the better but don't hold your breath.
You are too early with this IMO.
Cook's record as a manager is very good and proven.
The hire and fire strategy seems to work to an extent for Watford but not sure its where Ipswich want to be ?
It really depends on what type of owners the club has and the patience they will have.
Wonder what the Cobbold family would have done ?
For me its the end of the season and take stock unless things really go downhill which I personally doubt.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:39 pm
by Bluemike
I don't ever see it changing, the way its going atm its with justification too, it will end up happening so why waste time, I know its the Ipswich way but I'm sick of the Ipswich way quite frankly, the Ipswich way has taken us to where we are, a middle of the road, bang average Lesgue One side.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:48 pm
by rossi
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:10 am
When I started this thread someone remarked we were only 4 points off the play offs, what is it now ? Most thought I was stupid and on a wind up, not looking so daft at the moment. It could Change for the better but don't hold your breath.
I concur.

I was one of the very few on this board who was unhappy with the appointment of PC at the time it was made.
Over the months it seems that more and more people are thinking that maybe it wasn't such a good thing.
Quite frankly, given where we are currently and the total one dimensionality of the man, it amazes me that anybody can think he is still the man to take us forward.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:52 pm
by Bluemike
I really wanted him here and was happy with the appointment, I can't and won't shy away from that, but it didn't take me long to realise I was wrong, he's p*ss poor and completely One dimensional, I am more and more convinced it was Leam Richardson who was the brains of the outfit.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:46 pm
by valleyroad
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:52 pm
I really wanted him here and was happy with the appointment, I can't and won't shy away from that, but it didn't take me long to realise I was wrong, he's p*ss poor and completely One dimensional, I am more and more convinced it was Leam Richardson who was the brains of the outfit.
Leam Richardson was only with Cook at Wigan from what i can see ? Doesn't explain he success everywhere else he has been manager ?
I would safely day that Cook done a first class job at Wigan.

Its a valid view to say cut and run now but it may just lead down the same dead end. Given Cook's record especially at lower level and that its a complete squad overhaul which loads backed, then I'd give him to end of season minimum

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:00 pm
by Shed on tour
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:39 pm
I don't ever see it changing, the way its going atm its with justification too, it will end up happening so why waste time, I know its the Ipswich way but I'm sick of the Ipswich way quite frankly, the Ipswich way has taken us to where we are, a middle of the road, bang average Lesgue One side.
I agree I think a decision should be made now. Unfortunately I don’t think it will be though and expect Cook to be here until the end of the season. As I said on another thread I just hope Ashton saves the money for the January transfer window for Cook’s replacement.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:18 pm
by mendipblue
I really don't give a dam what PC has done in the past . What concerns me is what he is doing now at ITFC and that is failing miserably. He is absolutely clueless when things are not going to plan A unfortunately there is no plan B. He plays players in the wrong positions he drops Chaplin who was on fire and talks utter twaddle when we lose or fail to win. For me he needs to go. I also thought he was a good appointment but I was wrong. We will not reach the play offs under this manager and we were favourites for promotion. PC out and the sooner the better.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:58 am
by AzzurroMark
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:10 am
When I started this thread someone remarked we were only 4 points off the play offs, what is it now ? Most thought I was stupid and on a wind up, not looking so daft at the moment. It could Change for the better but don't hold your breath.
While i believe i, tongue in cheek, asked whether it was 1st April in my reply to your opening post, i do understand where you are coming from, even if we disagree. I guess my position is like your support of MM and i tend to be one of those who backs our manager when many have long given up on the cause (possibly Paul Hurst apart)!

I will continue to back PC as i like the improvement i have seen with the entire new ITFC set up. That is not to say I can't see faults in our side's style, nor that I don't share the frustrations of watching us being (basically) humiliated by Rotherham and embarrassed by some other results.

Sadly it looks like this latest EADT story backs up the concerns of anyone for who promotion is a non negotiable.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... es-8516212

Certainly it does make sobering reading, but while there is a chink of blue in the sky, i will continue to grasp at those positives. The positives being that both Blackpool and Oxford reached the play offs from 15th & 18th places at this date last season. Indeed Barnsley were an almost unbelievable 22nd place at this point in 2015/16!

Give me a positive to play with and i will take it all day long.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:06 am
by Bluemike
Mark, I knew your April 1st thing was a tongue in cheek joke, no problems on that score bud.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:11 am
by Bluemike
That article doesn't portray too many positives and we are always led to believe you are only as good as your last few results, what is it 4 points from 5 games ?
I made the point the start of the season had stuffed us already, everyone pretty much disagreed, the article spells it out loud and clear that those first few games have really given us these problems which are now so hard to get out of.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:15 pm
by AzzurroMark
Bluemike wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:11 am
That article doesn't portray too many positives and we are always led to believe you are only as good as your last few results, what is it 4 points from 5 games ?
I made the point the start of the season had stuffed us already, everyone pretty much disagreed, the article spells it out loud and clear that those first few games have really given us these problems which are now so hard to get out of.
Totally agree, playing catch up so early to some very strong teams who generally seem to be pretty consistent is not a great recipe.
When i started reading that article i must admit that dark clouds of gloom started to descend, it is a rather depressing read. Likewise the latter positive paragraph gave me some straws to clutch to, though i am fully aware they are probably exceptions rather than the norm!

None of us on either side can ever say ITFC don't run us throughthe mill and the club should count itself lucky it can still attract 19k+ home crowds, along with a phenomenal away support.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:12 pm
by Charnwood
Although PC is getting harder to defend by the week and despite me being ambivalent about his arrival I’d still prefer to see him stay than leave, at least for the time being. Some will say his clear out was reckless but most of it was necessary as the whole club needed a thorough shake up. Despite the odd horror show like Tuesday v Rotherham when we were completely outplayed, I’ve been happy with our new attacking style of play which has brought with it a fest of goals.
Fortunately success can’t be purchased over a summer transfer window and there are many clubs testament to this, if it was that guaranteed every club would simply borrow money and move on. Football teams have to built and developed over a season at least sometimes longer and I’ve seen enough of our games to see that PC’s style of play is good to watch and in my opinion will eventually bring success. It’s possible some of our players don’t quite fit the jigsaw perfectly, it maybe one or two pieces are missing, but for me I’d much prefer to see the man given time and encouragement to fix it rather than throw everything away and start again. If our owners decided to sack Paul Cook say after today’s game regardless of the result, I for one would be completely devastated.
At the start of the season we were all unanimous in the need to be patient as we waited for the team to evolve and here we are now with the majority wanting him sacked and to bring in yet another new manager who if he doesn’t bring instant success will also need to be sacked and so it goes on until someone strikes lucky.
This just isn’t the way I want to see my football club run. Apart from Paul Hurst who in my opinion was completely useless, I’ve always been happy to see each and everyone of our new managers given a fair chance to be successful, and Paul Cook is no exception. As long as this doesn’t get silly and we see ourselves heading towards the relegation zone I say let it run because I still believe thus guy will get it right. I also believe the fans can play their part in this by not turning against the manager and his players. If they do they could live to regret it because if the American owners think they’ve made a big mistake investing in ITFC they could do a quick pull out to limit their losses and then we’d be in the deep brown stuff.
In the meantime I just hope the boys come good tomorrow and give Crewe a right royal spanking to take the pressure off Cookie and his team.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:51 pm
by JohnnyB
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:12 pm
Although PC is getting harder to defend by the week and despite me being ambivalent about his arrival I’d still prefer to see him stay than leave, at least for the time being. Some will say his clear out was reckless but most of it was necessary as the whole club needed a thorough shake up. Despite the odd horror show like Tuesday v Rotherham when we were completely outplayed, I’ve been happy with our new attacking style of play which has brought with it a fest of goals.
Fortunately success can’t be purchased over a summer transfer window and there are many clubs testament to this, if it was that guaranteed every club would simply borrow money and move on. Football teams have to built and developed over a season at least sometimes longer and I’ve seen enough of our games to see that PC’s style of play is good to watch and in my opinion will eventually bring success. It’s possible some of our players don’t quite fit the jigsaw perfectly, it maybe one or two pieces are missing, but for me I’d much prefer to see the man given time and encouragement to fix it rather than throw everything away and start again. If our owners decided to sack Paul Cook say after today’s game regardless of the result, I for one would be completely devastated.
At the start of the season we were all unanimous in the need to be patient as we waited for the team to evolve and here we are now with the majority wanting him sacked and to bring in yet another new manager who if he doesn’t bring instant success will also need to be sacked and so it goes on until someone strikes lucky.
This just isn’t the way I want to see my football club run. Apart from Paul Hurst who in my opinion was completely useless, I’ve always been happy to see each and everyone of our new managers given a fair chance to be successful, and Paul Cook is no exception. As long as this doesn’t get silly and we see ourselves heading towards the relegation zone I say let it run because I still believe thus guy will get it right. I also believe the fans can play their part in this by not turning against the manager and his players. If they do they could live to regret it because if the American owners think they’ve made a big mistake investing in ITFC they could do a quick pull out to limit their losses and then we’d be in the deep brown stuff.
In the meantime I just hope the boys come good tomorrow and give Crewe a right royal spanking to take the pressure off Cookie and his team.
Completely agree with this. I desperately want us to go up but the truth is there’s no point going up if we’re not ready and come down again. Rotherham was a real eye-opener in that it demonstrated our weaknesses and these will need to be addressed. I still believe Cook with Ashton’s backing can do this.

For me the major problems were 1) our over-reliance on Morsy to set up the play. Rotherham sussed this and cut out the passes to him. In that situation Evans should step up. Either he didn’t or the team didn’t realise and look for him. 2) our over-reliance on Burns to run at defenders and set up goals. It’s a shame because, although a different type of player, Aluko was out too. But injuries are going to happen- if we’re to be successful we have to plan for them.

So having highlighted attack and midfield, there’s also Toto in defence! Long term as much as we love him he’s league 1 standard and not part of the future.

Two or three really high quality signings in January would be a real statement of intent and I think Cook will get that backing, whether people like it or not.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:24 am
by ashfordblue
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:52 pm
I really wanted him here and was happy with the appointment, I can't and won't shy away from that, but it didn't take me long to realize I was wrong, he's p*ss poor and completely One dimensional, I am more and more convinced it was Leam Richardson who was the brains of the outfit.


Absolutely BM, Cook is useless without Richardson hence Wigan are far better placed than us FACT, and no one wants to play second fiddle to an idiot who steals your brains and skills and claims their his decisions :x :roll: and who's his assistant now ?? it speaks loud for an assistant to just stand by the side looking gormless, sorry Cookie is being found out and won't last long.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:22 pm
by Blue Wilf
This one is such a tough call. I too am bitterly disappointed with progress under Cook and am also sick of his one dimensional approach. However... who else could/would come to us, given where we are, take on someone elses (still new) squad and take the poisoned chalice to turn them i to world beaters (or just make them competitive)? If it was my money and given the 'its not necessarily going to all happen in 1 year' messaging from the owners, I really cannot see them making a change. We have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire a few times in recent years. Pension funds are long term investments - not quick returns so they may be more patient than just one year (given the fact that its Cooks squad) in my opinion. He may not be right long term but there again, maybe he will be.... and if they are prepared to wait another year for promotion (not saying they will - just if they are...), then why will they throw it all up in the air again, wait for a new guy to come in, let him make his changes and hope for a miracle? There are no guarantees at all in this game. I just can't see them doing that when they are not likely to be looking for a return on their money instantly. Think of your own pension fund (if you are lucky enough to have one) - its an investment over a 40 year+ timeframe and investments go up as well as down. My own company was at $20 for years and in the last 2 years has raced up to $60 - nothing much has changed with the business, just the market dynamics have changed. If we had changed tactics a few years ago and it went wrong, we would miss out on these better times - its all a toss of the coin! Just my view but I think a change of manager again now is probably more risky - regardless of how tempting we all see it. I genuinely think he will be here this season at the very least... but what do I know? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:52 pm
by ashfordblue
Blue Wilf wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:22 pm
This one is such a tough call. I too am bitterly disappointed with progress under Cook and am also sick of his one dimensional approach. However... who else could/would come to us, given where we are, take on someone elses (still new) squad and take the poisoned chalice to turn them i to world beaters (or just make them competitive)? If it was my money and given the 'its not necessarily going to all happen in 1 year' messaging from the owners, I really cannot see them making a change. We have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire a few times in recent years. Pension funds are long term investments - not quick returns so they may be more patient than just one year (given the fact that its Cooks squad) in my opinion. He may not be right long term but there again, maybe he will be.... and if they are prepared to wait another year for promotion (not saying they will - just if they are...), then why will they throw it all up in the air again, wait for a new guy to come in, let him make his changes and hope for a miracle? There are no guarantees at all in this game. I just can't see them doing that when they are not likely to be looking for a return on their money instantly. Think of your own pension fund (if you are lucky enough to have one) - its an investment over a 40 year+ timeframe and investments go up as well as down. My own company was at $20 for years and in the last 2 years has raced up to $60 - nothing much has changed with the business, just the market dynamics have changed. If we had changed tactics a few years ago and it went wrong, we would miss out on these better times - its all a toss of the coin! Just my view but I think a change of manager again now is probably more risky - regardless of how tempting we all see it. I genuinely think he will be here this season at the very least... but what do I know? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi B W I strongly think Neil Warnock would jump at this chance to run this squad as it should be run, He's got a proven track record at getting the best out of a basic squad, so if Cookie keeps failing, of which I think he will, then our CEO should grab Warnock as our manager, a lot on here don't like Neil but its what he can do not what he looks like.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:23 am
by Blue Wilf
Maybe he would, Ash - and I have no big issue with him - but my point is that it would be a knee jerk reaction again. Cook has a proven track record of getting promotion from this league but see where it has got us so far. I just don't think the owners will gamble on that just yet as they are not in the business of instant returns.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:12 pm
by Charnwood
ashfordblue wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:52 pm
Blue Wilf wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:22 pm
This one is such a tough call. I too am bitterly disappointed with progress under Cook and am also sick of his one dimensional approach. However... who else could/would come to us, given where we are, take on someone elses (still new) squad and take the poisoned chalice to turn them i to world beaters (or just make them competitive)? If it was my money and given the 'its not necessarily going to all happen in 1 year' messaging from the owners, I really cannot see them making a change. We have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire a few times in recent years. Pension funds are long term investments - not quick returns so they may be more patient than just one year (given the fact that its Cooks squad) in my opinion. He may not be right long term but there again, maybe he will be.... and if they are prepared to wait another year for promotion (not saying they will - just if they are...), then why will they throw it all up in the air again, wait for a new guy to come in, let him make his changes and hope for a miracle? There are no guarantees at all in this game. I just can't see them doing that when they are not likely to be looking for a return on their money instantly. Think of your own pension fund (if you are lucky enough to have one) - its an investment over a 40 year+ timeframe and investments go up as well as down. My own company was at $20 for years and in the last 2 years has raced up to $60 - nothing much has changed with the business, just the market dynamics have changed. If we had changed tactics a few years ago and it went wrong, we would miss out on these better times - its all a toss of the coin! Just my view but I think a change of manager again now is probably more risky - regardless of how tempting we all see it. I genuinely think he will be here this season at the very least... but what do I know? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi B W I strongly think Neil Warnock would jump at this chance to run this squad as it should be run, He's got a proven track record at getting the best out of a basic squad, so if Cookie keeps failing, of which I think he will, then our CEO should grab Warnock as our manager, a lot on here don't like Neil but its what he can do not what he looks like.
I’ve been a long term admirer of Neil Warnock and over the years have suggested many times what a good fit he would probably have been at ITFC, however at age 73 today I just think his best years are over and we’ve missed the boat.

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:56 pm
by ashfordblue
Charnwood wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:12 pm
ashfordblue wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:52 pm
Blue Wilf wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:22 pm
This one is such a tough call. I too am bitterly disappointed with progress under Cook and am also sick of his one dimensional approach. However... who else could/would come to us, given where we are, take on someone elses (still new) squad and take the poisoned chalice to turn them i to world beaters (or just make them competitive)? If it was my money and given the 'its not necessarily going to all happen in 1 year' messaging from the owners, I really cannot see them making a change. We have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire a few times in recent years. Pension funds are long term investments - not quick returns so they may be more patient than just one year (given the fact that its Cooks squad) in my opinion. He may not be right long term but there again, maybe he will be.... and if they are prepared to wait another year for promotion (not saying they will - just if they are...), then why will they throw it all up in the air again, wait for a new guy to come in, let him make his changes and hope for a miracle? There are no guarantees at all in this game. I just can't see them doing that when they are not likely to be looking for a return on their money instantly. Think of your own pension fund (if you are lucky enough to have one) - its an investment over a 40 year+ timeframe and investments go up as well as down. My own company was at $20 for years and in the last 2 years has raced up to $60 - nothing much has changed with the business, just the market dynamics have changed. If we had changed tactics a few years ago and it went wrong, we would miss out on these better times - its all a toss of the coin! Just my view but I think a change of manager again now is probably more risky - regardless of how tempting we all see it. I genuinely think he will be here this season at the very least... but what do I know? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi B W I strongly think Neil Warnock would jump at this chance to run this squad as it should be run, He's got a proven track record at getting the best out of a basic squad, so if Cookie keeps failing, of which I think he will, then our CEO should grab Warnock as our manager, a lot on here don't like Neil but its what he can do not what he looks like.
I’ve been a long term admirer of Neil Warnock and over the years have suggested many times what I good fit he would probably have been at ITFC, however at age 73 today I just think his best years are over and we’ve missed the boat.


Charners, quality never diminishes to an experienced Neil Warnock even at 73

Re: Why I want Cook replaced.

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:10 pm
by barmy billy
[quote=ashfordblue post_id=996164 time=1638471375 user_id=36]
[quote=Charnwood post_id=996108 time=1638357151 user_id=8060]
[quote=ashfordblue post_id=996106 time=1638312778 user_id=36]


Hi B W I strongly think Neil Warnock would jump at this chance to run this squad as it should be run, He's got a proven track record at getting the best out of a basic squad, so if Cookie keeps failing, of which I think he will, then our CEO should grab Warnock as our manager, a lot on here don't like Neil but its what he can do not what he looks like.
[/quote]

[b][u]I’ve been a long term admirer of Neil Warnock and over the years have suggested many times what I good fit he would probably have been at ITFC, however at age 73 today I just think his best years are over and we’ve missed the boat.
[/quote][/u][/b]

Charners, quality never diminishes to an experienced Neil Warnock even at 73
[/quote]