Finally …. Derby get their just deserts

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Finally …. Derby get their just deserts

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:57 am

John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph
Derby's administrators set to reluctantly accept a total points deduction of 21, plus a further suspended 3. Talks ongoing over business plan but announcement expected soon. Huge blow for Wayne Rooney but closure for club ahead of a potential sale #dcfc

Derby County ready to accept another points deduction - all but confirming relegation
The club would be left on minus three points and destined for League One after talks between administrators and the Football League
telegraph.co.uk

AzzurroMark

Re: Finally …. Derby get their just deserts

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:44 am

Don't really know the full story, but feel Derby should have had a points deduction, and therefore relegation to League One, last season. Instead they have had a further season of the trappings of a higher division, free of the stricter financial restrictions which i believe are in place in L1.

For too long i feel, Derby County have been sticking two fingers up at the Football League (not that they are alone, i'm sure)!

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:42 pm

They deserve everything they get for basically cheating financially.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:49 pm

Another 9 pts deducted. Brilliant, they are bottom on -3 pts.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:10 pm

The only problem I see is, that now they've had their "punishment" they'll gain back the 21 points they've lost and survive the drop.
Another thing I don't understand is they "negotiated" their punishment. How does that work?
If you get caught doing wrong IE speeding, you can't negotiate with the judge over your punishment, ok you can get a lighter punishment if you admit you did it. But I just don't get how they got to negotiate their punishment.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:02 pm

The EFL seem to Be constantly changing their mind about DCFC…. I actually don’t know how many points they’ve finally been deducted 🤷‍♀️….

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:47 pm

Looks like Reading are getting away with 6pts as well. Criminal really, the points deduction will do nothing.

You're allowed to lose £39m over the 4 year period they looked at. Reading lost £57.8m, nearlly £20m over. You could make a decent championship first team for that. Yet only 6pt deduction... ok nice.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:38 pm

The EFL are as soft as 💩 aren’t they ….. but suspect there’s a fair amount of old boys network going on with some of these clubs too.