Norwood on his way then …,,

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Norwood on his way then …,,

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:06 am

Not surprised by this and best for all concerned I think ….

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... mJQhW3F7VU

bluejacko

Re: Norwood on his way then …,,

Post by bluejacko » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:28 am

Bit like another Chopra moment isn’t it? We do seem able to pick em😀

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:42 am

As you say no surprise. I wonder if he will end up back at Tranmere?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:44 am

He's always been an overrated cnut, good riddance

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:01 pm

What an idiot. He’s 30 and this is his best shot at getting something out of the game. There’s been some games this season where we could do with a bit of extra niggle up front from the bench. I rate Pigott, but Norwood is a better target man.
I would have thought that drink-driving charge would have straightened him out, but obviously not.
His loss far more than ours.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:28 pm

Bloke has always been a massive grade A idiot, Championship level talent with a Sunday pub team level brain.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Probably is best for all involved, especially if it frees up space for the purchase of Bonne or another striker. Sadly he has blotted his copybook with that drink driving charge and we don't need that kind of role model!

At the same time i am saddened that he didn't reach his, what i believe, potential. He was playing in a poor side, who could only relate the word 'Attack" to the comedy actress Emily! A goal rate of 1 in 3 in 66 appearances (22 of those as sub), for a dire team was pretty decent by any account. Given a choice of Jackson or Norwood, i know who i would rather see. Yes JN picked up some silly bookings for his petulance, but he certainly added grit up front. His injury record was pretty poor, but when you are ploughing a lone furrow, maybe he was overdoing it

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:24 pm

Just had a text from a friend who told me he was in fact banned from the club quite a long time ago for abuse towards a member of the staff.

He’s a Sunday pub-team level of an “ individual “ and reminds me very much of that player we paid a few £m for, from Peterborough Utd… that player ended up in court for either ABH or GBH I think . Another arrogant tossa.

It’s funny isn’t it , proper professionals like Skuse and Chambers get ridiculed and trashed by so many fans whilst tosses like Norwood and Chopra get idolised . Doesn’t make sense does it !

I hope the courts throw the book at Norwood got his drink driving offences … he’s been fine for it so many times .

In time I suspect Norwood will look back on his time at Town with great regret at the opportunity spurned .

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:34 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:24 pm

......and reminds me very much of that player we paid a few £m for, from Peterborough Utd… that player ended up in court for either ABH or GBH I think . Another arrogant tossa.
Ah yes, Paul Taylor, a nasty piece of work IMO and a pretty instantly forgetable player for Town. Had to look the last name up, despite him being a namesake of my Mum's partner! :astroll: :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:13 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Just had a text from a friend who told me he was in fact banned from the club quite a long time ago for abuse towards a member of the staff.

He’s a Sunday pub-team level of an “ individual “ and reminds me very much of that player we paid a few £m for, from Peterborough Utd… that player ended up in court for either ABH or GBH I think . Another arrogant tossa.

It’s funny isn’t it , proper professionals like Skuse and Chambers get ridiculed and trashed by so many fans whilst tosses like Norwood and Chopra get idolised . Doesn’t make sense does it !

I hope the courts throw the book at Norwood got his drink driving offences … he’s been fine for it so many times .

In time I suspect Norwood will look back on his time at Town with great regret at the opportunity spurned .
Those who idolise the likes of Taylor, Chopra and Norwood and who trash the likes of Chambers and Skuse are very much birds of a feather type people to the aforementioned Norwood

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:34 pm

Very true Mike. I won’t be sorry to see the back of Norwood. Suspect January will be yet a further clear out.

I’m thinking
Norwood
Jackson
Nolan
Holy

NOT that Im saying any of these are in the same category as Norwood…..or Taylor ( well done AM for remembering his name coz I couldn’t )!

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:02 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:34 pm
Very true Mike. I won’t be sorry to see the back of Norwood. Suspect January will be yet a further clear out.

I’m thinking
Norwood
Jackson
Nolan
Holy

NOT that Im saying any of these are in the same category as Norwood…..or Taylor ( well done AM for remembering his name coz I couldn’t )!
Kenlock too?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:21 pm

Not sure about him … Coulson is injured again and Penney is our only other real left back . I know Burgess did well there but it was more in a true defending role , not a wing back . I think we might hang onto Kenlock for now and the question could be , is he any worse than Penney?

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:40 pm

He only ever came here for a payday. Not sure anybody would buy him in January. Regarding a lone deal maybe Tranmere might want him. Good ridence to bad rubbish.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:25 pm

I had a feeling the Americans wouldn’t tolerate the drink-driving charge. It also sets an example for the rest of the squad.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:12 pm

He wont be going very far in the near future, if he could drive....

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/crime/range ... od-8488190

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:13 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:09 pm

Took it on his mental age, playing for the under 2's tomorrow

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:09 pm

Forgot he was still with us tbh ,as PC only plays 1xup front guess most of the strikers at the club are being shipped off or being made redundant :|

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:27 pm

hallamblue wrote:

I get the drift of your frustration as a football fan but I would say these guys have addiction issues that are destroying them as people.
Chopra with gambling and Norwood with achohol.
Not sure where Chopra is these days on gambling and Norwood seems to be on a downward path.
Would be nice to see both of them overcome their problems and get their lives on track again