Gerrard about to be unveiled as Villa boss…

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Gerrard about to be unveiled as Villa boss…

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:35 pm

Ricco

Re: Gerrard about to be unveiled as Villa boss…

Post by Ricco » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:48 pm

Seems like a natural progression and I think I'd be happy as a Villa fan. He's done well at Rangers, but there's only so much you can gauge from a job like that, certainly not enough for a top 5 or 6 team to take the plunge on him. Shouldn't be much risk for Villa, should have enough to stay up comfortably and on the face of it he looks like he can motivate and will be respected by the players I'm sure.

I'm not up on EPL stuff to know what kind of funding he's likely to recieve, but it should be a perfect job for him to establish himself in the division whilst avoiding the day in day out scruitiny which is miring Solskjaer and saw to Lampard.