Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue
Posts: 26975
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:11 pm

As next boss ….
https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city


What do people think of that ?

I actually don’t think this is an improvement on Farke at all…

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 24810
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:23 pm

They'll need to splash the cash for him to be a success, sadly for Lampard the owners choose not to do that to the required level to ever survive in the Premiership, will end in tears.

User avatar
bluejacko
Posts: 773
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 3:48 pm

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by bluejacko » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:19 pm

Surprised to be honest! Thought Rangers might have come calling.

Kerry Blue
Posts: 1262
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm
Location: Listowel Co Kerry

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:09 pm

Dean Smith had a good interview Sky are saying I just hope they pick the wrong one.

hallamblue
Posts: 26975
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:23 pm

I think Lampard has got the job KB ….
I’m surprised they’ve gone for him tbh. I’d hardly view him as an upgrade on Farke . But sometimes a change is just needed …. Guess we’ll see soon wont we :D

shabba
Posts: 787
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by shabba » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:10 pm

Agree on all this, they’d need someone like big Sam and a decent spend in January to have any chance of staying up.


They suffer that problem of playing good football which works well in the championship but means they get cut to pieces in the Prem. Hard to change your system / style to adapt if you don’t massively upgrade the players.

Can’t see it working out well for frank - which is a shame for him (not so much for Norwich)

mendipblue
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by mendipblue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:37 pm

This is one of those threads that I have no interest in what's so ever. Should we really be bothered what is going on at carrot Road. No offence.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 24810
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:19 pm

No interest but you've still commented on it?

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 9511
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by saint jude » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:10 pm

He's just putting across could care less about them, it has to be put into words. Not sure what quality of mindreading others possess but can see the need to speak out, just depends how you interpret it.

To the issue at hand has this appointment been made yet. Can't understand what Delia and Michael Jones were thinking. Seems they came to a decision in a rush just days after the Farke termination and didn't give what should be an important choice due care and attention.

Lampard was a great player, truly instrumental in getting a team victories and awards but as a manager he's simply not of the same plateau. If this goes ahead Norwich will be a Championship team by end of season, there's no two ways about it. Would have thought their directors would be a touch more prudent in making their next choice, or at least allow it more time to bring someone in who's got the capabilities or experience to provide them the chance they're going to require.

hallamblue
Posts: 26975
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:31 pm

They’re a Championship club now and tbh always have been in any year they’ve been promoted to PL. They’ve never competed .

hallamblue
Posts: 26975
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:33 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:37 pm
This is one of those threads that I have no interest in what's so ever. Should we really be bothered what is going on at carrot Road. No offence.
Not sure why there’s “ no interest”. They’re always interested in what goes on at Ipswich and likewise us of they. To deny its there is naive. It’s called local rivalry, and goes deeper than what division you might be in .

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 2321
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by rossi » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:22 am

Lampard is the manager I wanted us to get in when we got PH instead, and look where that got us.

OK, he does like to splash the cash a bit - on the other hand he has an excellent football brain and he seems to have good man management skills.

With the funds we have after the takeover, I wish we had him as manager now, and IMHO Naaaaarwich will do well under him.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3869
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by number 9 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:00 pm

rossi wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:22 am
Lampard is the manager I wanted us to get in when we got PH instead, and look where that got us.

OK, he does like to splash the cash a bit - on the other hand he has an excellent football brain and he seems to have good man management skills.

With the funds we have after the takeover, I wish we had him as manager now, and IMHO Naaaaarwich will do well under him.
I don’t think Frank proved he was anything special at Chelsea, and he had ridiculous money. Didn’t Chelsea pay 70-million for a goalie under Lampard’s reign? He had no Plan B for Chelsea’s defensive woes and that’s ultimately got him sacked. Look how much better Chelsea are now with Tuchel in charge. I think Chelsea may even win the league this season…something Lampard wouldn’t have achieved so quickly.

Lampard will bring some fresh ideas to NCFC, but I seriously don’t think his appointment will bring the scum much success.

hallamblue
Posts: 26975
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:20 pm

rossi wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:22 am
Lampard is the manager I wanted us to get in when we got PH instead, and look where that got us.

OK, he does like to splash the cash a bit - on the other hand he has an excellent football brain and he seems to have good man management skills.

With the funds we have after the takeover, I wish we had him as manager now, and IMHO Naaaaarwich will do well under him.
I'm not even sure hes the right "fit" for them tbh Gary. Hes always wanted plenty of financial backing...he had £m's at Derby and did nothing remarkable thee...he went to Chelsea and sank.... I don't think he'll be getting lots to spend at narwich and hes got a fair few overseas players trying to settle into the English game . Hes got to hit the ground running and maintain it if they are to have any chance of staying....sometimes a change works well....but I'm not convinced they have chosen wisely here. Time will tell I guess.... And yes of course, it goes without saying I want the to c*ck up spectacularly here!! :lol:


ps where will you be sitting when they tear down the Cobbold Stand munchkin?Come on over to the SBR :D

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 2321
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by rossi » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:39 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:20 pm
rossi wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:22 am
Lampard is the manager I wanted us to get in when we got PH instead, and look where that got us.

OK, he does like to splash the cash a bit - on the other hand he has an excellent football brain and he seems to have good man management skills.

With the funds we have after the takeover, I wish we had him as manager now, and IMHO Naaaaarwich will do well under him.
I'm not even sure hes the right "fit" for them tbh Gary. Hes always wanted plenty of financial backing...he had £m's at Derby and did nothing remarkable thee...he went to Chelsea and sank.... I don't think he'll be getting lots to spend at narwich and hes got a fair few overseas players trying to settle into the English game . Hes got to hit the ground running and maintain it if they are to have any chance of staying....sometimes a change works well....but I'm not convinced they have chosen wisely here. Time will tell I guess.... And yes of course, it goes without saying I want the to c*ck up spectacularly here!! :lol:


ps where will you be sitting when they tear down the Cobbold Stand munchkin?Come on over to the SBR :D
Not sure yet Liz - you know me, I hate being behind the goal and much prefer to sit over the halfway line. But I hate the restricted viws from anywhere in the East stand, so still trying to make up my mind :D

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14283
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by Charnwood » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:08 pm

rossi wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:39 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:20 pm
rossi wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:22 am
Lampard is the manager I wanted us to get in when we got PH instead, and look where that got us.

OK, he does like to splash the cash a bit - on the other hand he has an excellent football brain and he seems to have good man management skills.

With the funds we have after the takeover, I wish we had him as manager now, and IMHO Naaaaarwich will do well under him.
I'm not even sure hes the right "fit" for them tbh Gary. Hes always wanted plenty of financial backing...he had £m's at Derby and did nothing remarkable thee...he went to Chelsea and sank.... I don't think he'll be getting lots to spend at narwich and hes got a fair few overseas players trying to settle into the English game . Hes got to hit the ground running and maintain it if they are to have any chance of staying....sometimes a change works well....but I'm not convinced they have chosen wisely here. Time will tell I guess.... And yes of course, it goes without saying I want the to c*ck up spectacularly here!! :lol:


ps where will you be sitting when they tear down the Cobbold Stand munchkin?Come on over to the SBR :D
Not sure yet Liz - you know me, I hate being behind the goal and much prefer to sit over the halfway line. But I hate the restricted viws from anywhere in the East stand, so still trying to make up my mind :D
Over the years I’ve watched our games from pretty much everywhere within Portman Road but by far my favourite seat was in the West Stand to the left of the Directors Box in what’s now the middle tier and only a couple of rows back. It was elevated enough to see the whole of the pitch without any restrictions and close enough to hear the players on the pitch. Just loved that period which took me through most of the Bobby Robson era after acquiring that season ticket seat in 1976.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3869
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by number 9 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:35 pm

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59256413

Hahaha...I knew he wouldn't go to that sh*t hole!

hallamblue
Posts: 26975
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:41 pm

PMSL !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people on twtd have said that both Dean Smith an Lampard are unsure about the norwich job!!

I bet Lampard has the Rangers job in his sights

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14283
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by Charnwood » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:46 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:41 pm
PMSL !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people on twtd have said that both Dean Smith an Lampard are unsure about the norwich job!!

I bet Lampard has the Rangers job in his sights
I’d have been been more shocked if Frank Lampard actually took the job than pulled out, however I’ll be less shocked if Dean Smith goes there because I think he’d be a good fit. Hopefully he wouldn’t be too successful tho. 🤣

hallamblue
Posts: 26975
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:16 pm

Pmsl… Lampard has certainly gone up in my estimation now ….


https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-c ... rd-8485368

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14283
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by Charnwood » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:41 am

I see they’ve appointed Dean Smith this morning, that’s a great appointment and Norwich’s gain is Villa’s loss as many of their fans believe too.

hallamblue
Posts: 26975
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:04 am

Let the narwich media circus 🤡 begin then …

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1801
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:05 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:41 am
I see they’ve appointed Dean Smith this morning, that’s a great appointment and Norwich’s gain is Villa’s loss as many of their fans believe too.
I think he is a better fit for Norwich than Lampard would have been.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 24810
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:10 am

Just hope he ain't got any sisters

hallamblue
Posts: 26975
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 9511
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by saint jude » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:58 pm

Who the f*ck is Dean Smith, what did they do just bring the name on board because it sounds like one of their owners. Lampard was never going to fit in there although would have been more of a challenge than the non-event carousel the SPL where two teams fight it out and win year in year out going back to the mid 1980's.

They're going to require the expertise of Herbert Chapman, Jock Stein and Paisley together if they're going to avoid a fall into lower league by end of season. Proud club, good fanbase and all, but in terms of real accomplishment on the field they're always going to be lacking or missing out time and again.

User avatar
bluejacko
Posts: 773
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 3:48 pm

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by bluejacko » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:48 pm

Not first choice I would think and rather than pay compensation to any one Smith was handy.

hallamblue
Posts: 26975
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:25 am

You might be right there. Dean Smith wasn’t doing much with a much better Villa squad was he, so not sure what they’ve seen in him .

But as we know , often a new manager gets the change you’re looking for. I doubt their players will down tools like the shower of shyte our old squad displayed under a new manager coming in.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14283
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by Charnwood » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:01 pm

I think Dean Smith is an excellent manager and well suited to Norwich. You only have to look at the job he did at Brentford and their entertaining style of football to appreciate what can be achieved on a limited budget, or read the Villa fans comments on social media. In my opinion the Villa Board pushed the panic button far too soon and Villa’s loss is most definitely Norwich and Dean Smiths gain.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14283
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Lampard to be unveiled at naaaaarch

Post by Charnwood » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:04 pm

bluejacko wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:48 pm
Not first choice I would think and rather than pay compensation to any one Smith was handy.
I think Norwich were very fortuitous and just struck lucky. There was no way Dean Smith would ever have been on their radar, in normal circumstances they could never have afforded him.

Post Reply