Away matches

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Re: Away matches

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:02 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:53 am
Been a while since iv been to an away match.

It used to be the case that youd buy an exact seat number e.g row N seat 35, but then on the day itd be a free for all sit where you like type jobby as directed by the stewards.

Is that still the case?
Think it really depends on the club concerned. I’m going to Oldham tomorrow and would imagine that will be sit where you want as there won’t be a large away following. Going to Charlton in December and because of the numbers going it will probably be a case of sitting where your seat has been allocated.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:05 pm

From my experience you’ll be very lucky if you get to sit anywhere as most of the fans around you will be standing.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:15 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:05 pm
From my experience you’ll be very lucky if you get to sit anywhere as most of the fans around you will be standing.
Have noticed that when selling tickets for some away games the club have advised people who have a problem standing to give them a call and they will sort tickets out for them near the front. Good idea and credit to those who thought of it. Won’t be long now before I come under that category! :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:38 pm

From experience I very rarely sit in my allocated seat away from home, basically because I hate sitting and like the noise and atmosphere at the back

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:03 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:02 pm
BlueBalls wrote:

It used to be the case that youd buy an exact seat number e.g row N seat 35, but then on the day itd be a free for all sit where you like type jobby as directed by the stewards.

Is that still the case?
Think it really depends on the club concerned. I’m going to Oldham tomorrow and would imagine that will be sit where you want as there won’t be a large away following. Going to Charlton in December and because of the numbers going it will probably be a case of sitting where your seat has been allocated.
Do you know how many are going to Charlton, Shed ?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:20 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:03 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:02 pm
BlueBalls wrote:

Is that still the case?
Do you know how many are going to Charlton, Shed ?
Not sure what our original allocation was but I know another 1,000 tickets went on sale last Friday. Just checked the ITFC website and it is now showing sold out. If that is the case regarding the 2nd allocation then I would think at least 2,500 tickets have been sold which for a Tuesday night game would be fantastic.