FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

We don't normally have a second FA Cup game each season ;-)

Oldham Win
3
23%
Ipswich Win
10
77%
Penalties
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7493
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:42 pm

Up to when we were gifted the goal we were very poor. A bit better since then but need to step up
In the 2nd half if we are to win this.
Why do I get the feeling this is going to penalties. One thing I do know is it’s getting colder by the minute.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 24702
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:43 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:32 pm
Hmmm maybe Cook’s decision on Chaplin is paying off now???
Why ? Doesn't stop him being miffed at the time, we move on

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3854
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:50 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:43 pm
number 9 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:32 pm
Hmmm maybe Cook’s decision on Chaplin is paying off now???
Why ? Doesn't stop him being miffed at the time, we move on
I dunno motivation maybe? I know if I wasn’t in the starting lineup, it would always make me play better when I got the call.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 24702
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:00 pm

Yep fair call

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 24702
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:27 pm

Get in !!! A,screamer from El Mizouni

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14234
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Westport, Connecticut, USA

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:27 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:42 pm
Up to when we were gifted the goal we were very poor. A bit better since then but need to step up
In the 2nd half if we are to win this.
Why do I get the feeling this is going to penalties. One thing I do know is it’s getting colder by the minute.
Extra Time before penalties Shed, it could be freezing by the time this game ends. Come on Town it’s getting near my bed time🥱 .

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14234
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Westport, Connecticut, USA

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:29 pm

Have I missed a ⚽️

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14234
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Westport, Connecticut, USA

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:32 pm

Nice one Idris and from out of the box too. I look forward to seeing that one 👍

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3854
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:33 pm

Yes!!! Now you know why a few of us were happy with El Miz’s contract extension

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 24702
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:36 pm

He's a very good prospect, I actually prefer him to Evans if I'm honest

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1748
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:43 pm

That will do! Potential banana skin avoided. Oxford lose out at Bristol R. Wycombe lose at home to Hartlepool and Wigan are now in extra time against the might Solihull Moors!

mendipblue
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by mendipblue » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:44 pm

Finally we actually win a FA cup game. At home in the 2nd round. PC might get his wish of you know who in the 3rd round 😉

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 24702
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:46 pm

So rare for us to win a cup game, bring on Barrow, that should be another win.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3854
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:51 pm

What a relief! Well done boys! COYB!!!!!

Kerry Blue
Posts: 1242
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm
Location: Listowel Co Kerry

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:02 pm

Last edited by Kerry Blue on Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14234
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Westport, Connecticut, USA

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:46 pm
So rare for us to win a cup game, bring on Barrow, that should be another win.
Only our second FA Cup win in twelve seasons according to BBC Sports, I knew our record was crap but I’d no idea it was that crap.

Wycombe lost at home tonight to Hartlepool, Sunderland already knocked out by Mansfield and Wigan struggling at Solihull Motors, so we’re not the only League One side making hard work of this.

hallamblue
Posts: 26924
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:05 pm

El Miz sublime winner from 30yards !!

https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thum ... XPNprv.jpg


Oops sorry KB didn’t see your post ! X mines better lol :D

Edit: oh no it isn’t better it’s a bloody picture lol !!!!
Last edited by hallamblue on Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14234
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Westport, Connecticut, USA

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:06 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:05 pm
El Miz sublime winner from 30yards !!

https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thum ... XPNprv.jpg
Love it Liz although he didn’t seem too keen on celebrating.

hallamblue
Posts: 26924
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:07 pm

Bless him , I doubt he knew what to do !! :lol:

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14234
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Westport, Connecticut, USA

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:09 pm

... and Oxford United out after being 1-3 up in extra time. It looks like Bristol Rovers scored 3 in 5 minutes between 110-115 mins. What a sickening blow that must have been.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7493
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:11 pm

Great goal from El Miz even better as it was up our end. Not a great performance but at least we got through. Burns had a off night for once. At least the win made the journey worthwhile and now back at hotel.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 24702
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:14 pm

Pleased for you Shed, enjoy your stay up there now.


User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3854
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:23 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:02 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/IpswichTownF ... 1582910464
El Miz goal.
Thanks for that KB! It looked like a Salah goal!

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3854
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:32 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:11 pm
Great goal from El Miz even better as it was up our end. Not a great performance but at least we got through. Burns had a off night for once. At least the win made the journey worthwhile and now back at hotel.
What were they singing after El Miz’s goal?

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14234
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Westport, Connecticut, USA

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:03 am

Lets hope we can make easier work of knocking out Barrow. 👍

hallamblue
Posts: 26924
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:18 am

number 9 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:32 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:11 pm
Great goal from El Miz even better as it was up our end. Not a great performance but at least we got through. Burns had a off night for once. At least the win made the journey worthwhile and now back at hotel.
What were they singing after El Miz’s goal?
It’s normally something like …

Nah, nah, …..nah , nah, nah,nah nah nah nah …..……IPSWICH…….

Uusually coz by then you’re so out of breath shouting YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS and jumping up and down ( well I am anyway !) that’s all you are capable of singing, :lol:

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 9496
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by saint jude » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:22 pm

thought they'd win, wasn't expecting to beat them in the replayed game. Viewed highlights just now, took a special goal to decide it our way but give credit to the opposition for providing two tough games. If they played like that in the league they'd be well on course for a promotion award.

we got Barrow (?) in Round Two, not to get too far ahead of things but real expect to get beyond that opposition and into any real importance of the competition in January. Cup wins here are rare indeed, makes a change to see a Town win. Saw Cook put out a strong team last night but still favors the same attack mindset. Can see a window of opportunity in the weeks maybe months ahead but player belief and consistency is critical.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3854
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:39 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:18 am
number 9 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:32 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:11 pm
Great goal from El Miz even better as it was up our end. Not a great performance but at least we got through. Burns had a off night for once. At least the win made the journey worthwhile and now back at hotel.
What were they singing after El Miz’s goal?
It’s normally something like …

Nah, nah, …..nah , nah, nah,nah nah nah nah …..……IPSWICH…….

Uusually coz by then you’re so out of breath shouting YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS and jumping up and down ( well I am anyway !) that’s all you are capable of singing, :lol:
Haha wish I could have been there!

shabba
Posts: 772
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: FA Cup Replay - Oldham Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shabba » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:39 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:03 am
Lets hope we can make easier work of knocking out Barrow. 👍
Barrow are quite a few places higher in the league 2 table than Oldham so we’ll probably make a meal of that game too :)

Post Reply