Bonne wants to stay …. QPR have other ideas?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Bonne wants to stay …. QPR have other ideas?

Post by hallamblue » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:05 am

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Bonne wants to stay …. QPR have other ideas?

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:14 am

He's a fab guy and clearly wants to be here, with QPR going so well I'm more inclined to believe he'll be here for the season, beyond that who knows

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:22 pm

As does Celina who missed Two sitters yesterday which helped cost us the match.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:46 pm

I think if our service to Bonne improved (he’s had sod all tbh to work off) he’d probably start scoring goals again.

For all our possession yesterday ( god I was SO frustrated watching us tippy tap it back , sideways, forward, back , back , sideways …. Rarely sticking a decent cross into the box for Bonne to get on the end of. We badly missed Burns direct play yesterday . Edwards now resembles his predecessor who went to Wigan( maybe it’s just the name?!) , and Celina is clearly more of an impact player.

Time to shake up the attacking section of the team I think. Just one goal in that first half yesterday would have seen us win comfortably.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:13 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:14 am
He's a fab guy and clearly wants to be here, with QPR going so well I'm more inclined to believe he'll be here for the season, beyond that who knows
was great to read that,
if you could get a whole team with his attitude there would be no stopping you.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:15 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:46 pm
I think if our service to Bonne improved (he’s had sod all tbh to work off) he’d probably start scoring goals again.

For all our possession yesterday ( god I was SO frustrated watching us tippy tap it back , sideways, forward, back , back , sideways …. Rarely sticking a decent cross into the box for Bonne to get on the end of. We badly missed Burns direct play yesterday . Edwards now resembles his predecessor who went to Wigan( maybe it’s just the name?!) , and Celina is clearly more of an impact player.

Time to shake up the attacking section of the team I think. Just one goal in that first half yesterday would have seen us win comfortably.
Spot on!

We seem to have gone off the boil a little - which is a change as we were very clinical up top earlier in the season (just couldn’t defend).

I think Chaplin needs to come in and start as the number 10, he has always impressed me. Agree that we missed burns too, but I also feel Aluko is quality and has that pass or bit of play that others don’t, you can tell he has played at a higher level - would like to try him on the left so we can fit burns in.

But these are nice problems to have (rather than saying if a player is off it then we have nobody stepping in).

Worryingly Tuesday is a must win really and Rotherham are probably the best team in the league. We CAN beat them though, we just need to be clinical again.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:28 pm

For me, there are two missing links that I hope to see again as soon as they (well Burns) are fit. That is Burns and Chaplin. Play those two and Bonne, Piggot or anyone else will get the service and the goals. Thats my opinion for what its worth.