What about ITFC Women?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dubai Blue

What about ITFC Women?

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:24 pm

Can't help but notice that the ITFC women's team had a great victory this week and are storming their league with a 11-0-0 record and are +37 goals already.

Do we think that maybe it's time we opened a separate section for the women's team or at least gave this team a presence on this forum?

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Re: What about ITFC Women?

Post by TODD66 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:26 pm

They are part of the Club, and a successful one at that!

I for one look out to see how they are getting on. Highlights I have seen of them show a more than capable group of players who are putting away the lesser opposition they find before them in a clinical and professional manner.

Can't wait to see how far they can get. The Club seem to be taking this more than seriously and if they can continue in the same vein they are the team that are going to hit the highest levels available to them well before the men do.

Lets face it a team in the WSL can only be good for the profile of the whole club.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:18 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:48 pm
No.

Sorry to be so unwoke, but nobody cares.

Some women's football is actually comical to watch. I shouldn't think ITFC is any different.
Pathetic response. But totally expected from the undoubtedly misogynistic prat that you clearly are!

People DO actually care about women’s football . It’s one of the fastest growing sports in the Country now. Don’t suppose you’ve noticed the tv companies show it regularly. Or that the Club’s new owners are offering professional contracts to our Club’s female players, and are now paying transfer fees for even better players to join the squad. The goal?….. WPL

Ipswich Town’s women’s team is having a storming season for your information. The difference between the women’s game to that of the men’s is as follows..

1) the women’s game is HONEST..no diving , no feining injury, trying to get opponents sent off or booked.
2) Skilful…. Female players clearly do not possess the same physical strength of their male counterparts, but their skill levels are in many cases equal. They just don’t get the same level of recognition that the men’s game gets . That’s a factor in ALL women’s sport.
3) ALL the major PL Clubs run a women’s team, and they are professionally run, coached and funded just like their male counter parts. And Ipswich Town under the new ownership is very much following suit now.

And just educate a bit more. Have you ever heard of the Kerr’s Ladies Football team? They used to regularly play in front of crowds larger (20-50k) than the current male wonders at ITFC do.

They were disbanded by the FA, under the guise of “protecting the female”!!!

So cast your misogynistic eyes over this….assuming you can even read you troglodyte.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/d*ck,_Kerr_Ladies_F.C.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:56 pm

Your comments were disparaging towards women, and sexist (which is a form of abuse). And you appear to be voicing an opinion on everyone’s behalf ….”Nobody cares”, really ? How do you know ? …… “ I shouldn’t think ITFC is any different “, again REALLY?? How do you know. You pay no attention to our Clubs women’s team, so perhaps your opinion isn’t worth all that - it certainly isn’t backed up by facts .

Sorry if I offended you…. But did you ever consider your post might offend others too?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:14 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:18 pm
BlueBalls wrote:
No.

Some women's football is actually comical to watch. I shouldn't think ITFC is any different.
Pathetic response. But totally expected from the undoubtedly misogynistic prat that you clearly are!

People DO actually care about women’s football . It’s one of the fastest growing sports in the Country now. Don’t suppose you’ve noticed the tv companies show it regularly. Or that the Club’s new owners are offering professional contracts to our Club’s female players, and are now paying transfer fees for even better players to join the squad. The goal?….. WPL

Ipswich Town’s women’s team is having a storming season for your information. The difference between the women’s game to that of the men’s is as follows..

1) the women’s game is HONEST..no diving , no feining injury, trying to get opponents sent off or booked.
2) Skilful…. Female players clearly do not possess the same physical strength of their male counterparts, but their skill levels are in many cases equal. They just don’t get the same level of recognition that the men’s game gets . That’s a factor in ALL women’s sport.
3) ALL the major PL Clubs run a women’s team, and they are professionally run, coached and funded just like their male counter parts. And Ipswich Town under the new ownership is very much following suit now.

And just educate a bit more. Have you ever heard of the Kerr’s Ladies Football team? They used to regularly play in front of crowds larger (20-50k) than the current male wonders at ITFC do.

So cast your misogynistic eyes over this….assuming you can even read you troglodyte.

How many women’s games have you gone to watch?

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:31 pm

I don't watch women's football but always look for Towns result, how far are they away from the WSL ? I could see myself watching it they reach the top level.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:20 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:14 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:18 pm
BlueBalls wrote:
No.

How many women’s games have you gone to watch?
Two, but now I’m laid up with a post op foot and have spent the last month flat on my back with my foot elevated on 5 pillows staring at a ceiling. Haven’t been out of the house at all ( all good for my mental health) …

You?
Last edited by hallamblue on Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:22 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:58 pm
No offense taken, i didnt read past the first passage of abuse.
Pity I got past your first line of abuse to your second one

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:21 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:22 pm
BlueBalls wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:58 pm
No offense taken, i didnt read past the first passage of abuse.
Pity I got past your first line of abuse to your second one
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's the way I like to see it, Liz sticks one on him. Hope your foot opp goes ok Liz and you have a speedy recovery

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:59 am

Kerry Blue wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:31 pm
I don't watch women's football but always look for Towns result, how far are they away from the WSL ? I could see myself watching it they reach the top level.
Two promotions to get into the WSL.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:43 am

TODD66 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:59 am
Kerry Blue wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:31 pm
Two promotions to get into the WSL.

Thanks I think they might get to the prem before the men 🤔😂😂

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:37 am

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:43 pm

Great to see the women's team do well, I keep an eye on results from time to time. I don't think enough forum members would watch enough for there to be enough discussion for a sperate forum section, but it would be good to see some threads on here occasionally with opinions and the latest goings on discussed.

Women's football has obviously come on a lot, but I still feel it is a long way off what it could be. I know more youngsters are playing compared to when I grew up, so things will continue to improve, but until girls are playing as much as boys from primary school age, the watchability may struggle to compete.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:04 pm

Do any of them take their shirt off when they score like Celina? :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:46 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:04 pm
number 9 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:04 pm
Do any of them take their shirt off when they score like Celina? :lol:

:lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:27 pm

Play nicely people

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:37 pm

Oops, I didn't expect quite such 'forthright' discussion when I opened the thread. Apologies if I have opened up any new wounds.

My thinking was that maybe we should be proactive in the same way that our club is being about the women's game. I see supporting the women's team as part of supporting the club. Of course not everyone is going to agree with that but I for one always check in on their progress and often watch the highlights. Maybe we could put up a sticky thread rather than opening a section and we can post links to the latest highlights, match reports and league tables, then use it for comments &c.

One thing is for sure, both men's and women's teams are just 2 promotions away from the top flight but I know which one I would put money on right now. Let's hope that this time next year they both have one less to go....