EFLT (R2) - Ipswich Town vs Arsenal Under 21's Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will we progress in this competition?

Town Win
64%
Arse Win
18%
Penalties
18%

Total votes: 11

Shed on tour

Re: EFLT (R2) - Ipswich Town vs Arsenal Under 21's Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:20 pm

Just a joke. Don’t be surprised if Barrow knock us out of the FA Cup on Saturday. Can see our season being done and dusted by the start of the New Year. What the f*** Cook’s half-time talks consist of god knows.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:33 pm

It is time to go. The coaching must be wrong the tactics when leading games must be wrong and that is down to the manager. He is obviously missing his no.2 who is doing very nicely at Wigan. Leam Richardson must be laughing out loud at PC struggling. Pack out Portman Road? You will be lucky if anybody turns up in the new year if this idiot stays.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:43 am

If the bad results cup and league, plus the current one dimension 4 3 2 1 line ups every single match keep happening then our owners and CEO won't put up with it and PC will be gone, our owners want success, not a failure of a manager running the team, as the fan attendances will drop like a stone, If we lose to Barrow in the cup that will go down like a lead balloon, it all just goes to show he's all gob and no sense of tactics and playing for the averages lose 3 draw 2 win 1. The fans will soon be shouting for his head as they won't put up with continuous failure season after season.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:08 am

It’s so plain to see! Everywhere he has had success he has had an experienced No2 with him. Look at this bunch he has around him! If he did get the sack usually the No2 steps in for a while which one of this lot could do that? He is proving to be just as stubborn in his tactics etc as MM.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:12 am

Just read his laughable interview, he spouts the same bile every game, if we need to keep working harder then why the f*ck weren't we working as hard as possible before ?

Also he is now lauding it over players he banished from the squad in the summer, it really is embarrassing, while I don't want us to ever lose I would accept Four or Five defeats on the spin just to get rid of this clown.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:29 am

Magicmark wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:56 pm
Cookie the clown
don't know about clown - think another word beginning with C is more appropriate: only 4 letters, though, and ends with T, oh and preceded by useless.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:40 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:12 am
Just read his laughable interview, he spouts the same bile every game, if we need to keep working harder then why the f*ck weren't we working as hard as possible before ?

Also he is now lauding it over players he banished from the squad in the summer, it really is embarrassing, while I don't want us to ever lose I would accept Four or Five defeats on the spin just to get rid of this clown.
Yeah, I've just read it, Mike - the man's a total idiot and if the verbal diarrhoea that comes out of him is indicative of his footballing nous then it's no wonder we're struggling

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:58 am

rossi wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:29 am
Magicmark wrote:
Cookie the clown
don't know about clown - think another word beginning with C is more appropriate: only 4 letters, though, and ends with T, oh and preceded by useless.
:lol: :lol:

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:13 am

It is time I feel for him to move on or get help, this is sounding a bit deja vu, sure we have all said this before.

You have the pack out PR campaign around the corner, even if the crowd are behind them we are still foobarred and going to struggle and going to cheese off a packed home crowd, maybe NY new manager?

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:16 am

Let's all remember this was not a freak result against Arsenal u21's as we also lost to West Ham's after leading 1-0. :shock:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:14 am

rossi wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:40 am
Bluemike wrote:

Yeah, I've just read it, Mike - the man's a total idiot and if the verbal diarrhoea that comes out of him is indicative of his footballing nous then it's no wonder we're struggling
I agree, some of his interviews are also sounding a little desperate at times, its a shame but it won't in my opinion improve anywhere near enough to get us challenging for promotion.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:32 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:14 am
rossi wrote:
Bluemike wrote:

I agree, some of his interviews are also sounding a little desperate at times, its a shame but it won't in my opinion improve anywhere near enough to get us challenging for promotion.
Yet again I can see it being the case of us keeping a failing manager for too long. Off to Charlton next Tuesday but am seriously asking myself why?

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:59 am

rossi wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:29 am
Magicmark wrote:
Cookie the clown
Yes that was the PC version lol

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:24 pm

With John McGreal back at Ipswich in a coaching role I would honestly give John a crack at the management of the 1st team, he certainly can't do any worse than the one dimension clown we have as a manager, I would hate John to come in as PC's assistant and we start to put a winning team out and gobby takes all the praise, so nope get rid of PC and give John a crack, as a player he knew how to F*****G defend and was very good at Colchester.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:34 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:32 am
Bluemike wrote:
rossi wrote:

Yet again I can see it being the case of us keeping a failing manager for too long. Off to Charlton next Tuesday but am seriously asking myself why?
While he is still at the helm I very much doubt I will be doing anymore away games, better things to do with my time and money.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:40 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:34 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Bluemike wrote:

While he is still at the helm I very much doubt I will be doing anymore away games, better things to do with my time and money.
The only reason I decided to do it this time is because I haven’t been there for years.
The last time we were 2 up in the first 5 minutes (Marcus Bent got both) and still managed to lose 3-2. As they say some things never change. Already knocked off Gillingham away on Boxing Day as can’t be arsed to go to that shithole again.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:47 pm

I feel harsh saying it because I don't know them personally, but when you've got coaches like McGreal going in to U23s, Klug in the U23s even Butcher involved in the academy, what the hell are Jeffers and Roberts doing floating around as effectively assistant managers.

Now again, not meaning to be harsh because it's based on not an awful lot and I feel mean saying it, but they never struck me as the sharpest knives in the drawer. What does it say about Cook, does he feel threatened to have quality experienced brains along side him? Looking at wages of the playing staff I can't imagine the purse strings wouldn't be opened for excellent quality coaches and assistants?!

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:29 pm

Going slightly off piste here all but what happened with Reid? I thought he was joining and perhaps 'advising' PC because he bloody needs it!

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:33 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 am
Cook is the perfect example of a scouse tongue.

Its quite a gift really because most people buy it and are initially tricked into seeing it as 'honest' or 'a refreshing change to hear' instead of the BS it actually is.

I saw straight through it as have come across this phenomenon many times before.
Spot on. And he has surrounded himself with more scousers as coaches just so they all talk the same BS.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:34 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:29 pm
Going slightly off piste here all but what happened with Reid? I thought he was joining and perhaps 'advising' PC because he bloody needs it!
Strangely enough i was thinking exactly that this morning! I wonder if Gary Roberts just goes with the flow and doesn't challenge PC's formation or plan (note no plural! :wink: )? Cannot imagine Peter Reid doing that. Regardless of whether people think he is a "dinosaur" to modern football, i am confident he would soon say his bit, that is assuming his role gives him that direct remit!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:38 pm

WHAT ABOUT John McGreal as our manager??????????????? Roberts is a gormless scouse git, along with all the scouse git staff hired by PC, has no one any comments on this, normally BM jumps in with what a load of crap I'm spouting :roll: :lol: :lol:

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:00 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:38 pm
WHAT ABOUT John McGreal as our manager??????????????? Roberts is a gormless scouse git, along with all the scouse git staff hired by PC, has no one any comments on this, normally BM jumps in with what a load of crap I'm spouting :roll: :lol: :lol:
McGreal has hardly set the world alight, has he. Fair to middling as Colchester, but little else.

Who next? Curbishley (hasn't been mentioned lateyl), or even Harry Redknob?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:04 pm

I don't want Mcgreal either I'm afraid.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:00 pm

How About :roll: Klopp, Conte, Pepe, Howe, Morino, Farke, Arteta, Tuchel, Moyes, Bruce, Gerrard, plus other unattainables

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:11 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:00 pm
ashfordblue wrote:
McGreal has hardly set the world alight, has he. Fair to middling as Colchester, but little else.

Billy mate you don't spend nearly 12 F*****G years at a club on fair to middling performances :astroll: :astroll: that only applies to clubs like ours FACT :lol: :lol: :lol:

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:41 am

What has McGreal achieved as a manager? Enlighten me if I have got it wrong.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:42 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:11 pm
barmy billy wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:00 pm
ashfordblue wrote:

Billy mate you don't spend nearly 12 F*****G years at a club on fair to middling performances :astroll: :astroll: that only applies to clubs like ours FACT :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ash we’ve only had two managers stay for 12 years and I’d hardly say Scott Duncan or Sir Bobby Robson were fair to middling managers, although at least one of those had a fairly tricky start to his spell in charge at Portman Tiad.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:03 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:40 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:34 pm
Shed on tour wrote:

The only reason I decided to do it this time is because I haven’t been there for years.
The last time we were 2 up in the first 5 minutes (Marcus Bent got both) and still managed to lose 3-2. As they say some things never change. Already knocked off Gillingham away on Boxing Day as can’t be arsed to go to that shithole again.
your not wrong on that Shed, most people have to get thrown into that ground, I've only been twice and actually a bit of a result I thrown out both times, (was in my younger days and a mistaken identity ) :wink:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:08 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:00 pm
How About :roll: Klopp, Conte, Pepe, Howe, Morino, Farke, Arteta, Tuchel, Moyes, Bruce, Gerrard, plus other unattainable
What about our Sir Nuno, (or even Bruno if some of our pathetic fans had their way ) seriously Kenny Jacket I think is available and would do a job,