McGreal and Dyer next management team in waiting?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

patthegimp

McGreal and Dyer next management team in waiting?

Post by patthegimp » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:43 pm

Possible new management team if Cook leaves

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: McGreal and Dyer next management team in waiting?

Post by Bluemike » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:13 pm

Bloody hope not, another disaster waiting to happen.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:14 pm

Surely this has to be a joke ?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:20 pm

Jesus now I know what they mean by BCWYWF. :shock:

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:22 pm

I think a cohort of Mike, Shed, and Rossi would be a far better proposition

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:27 pm

rossi wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:22 pm
I think a cohort of Mike, Shed, and Rossi would be a far better proposition
I'd back that (when the time comes, of course :wink: .

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:33 pm

A former boss of mine applied for the Everton Managers position after Howard Kendall left and received an appropriate letter from the Chairman thanking him for his interest but unfortunately it was felt he wasn’t suitable qualified. The framed letter was on his office wall together with other pics and his professional certificates / qualification. Somehow Rossi I don’t think we’d even qualify for a letter of refusal.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:25 pm

Patthegimp you got it right for now. 👍

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:06 pm

So if Town announced they’d be giving the managers job to an applicant whose CV read as follow ……

Previous Town player

Qualifications :
- Has coaching badges

Experience:
Previous player (Ipswich, Newcastle , England)
Coached academy players (U16’s)
Coached U 20’s
Coached U 21’s
Coached U23’s

Senior (adult teams) coaching experience : None

Managerial experience: None
Assistant to Manager :
- Premier League : None
- Championship : None
- League One : None
- League Two : None

We’d be saying is Ashton mad or just taking the p*ss?

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:24 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:06 pm
So if Town announced they’d be giving the managers job to an applicant whose CV read as follow ……

Previous Town player

Qualifications :
- Has coaching badges

Experience:
Previous player (Ipswich, Newcastle , England)
Coached academy players (U16’s)
Coached U 20’s
Coached U 21’s
Coached U23’s

Senior (adult teams) coaching experience : None

Managerial experience: None
Assistant to Manager :
- Premier League : None
- Championship : None
- League One : None
- League Two : None

We’d be saying is Ashton mad or just taking the p*ss?
Mcgreal has managed first team football at Colchester also played under Burley might of learnt something? Dyer played under Sir Bobby hoped he learnt stuff. :?

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:37 pm

I still think it's going to be Neil Warnock he's currently free and he has proven promotion credentials on his CV, and Neil loves a challenge, except for John McGreal all the others listed are No No's, it's got to be a manager who can get quick results, and if he does come here I can see at least another two defenders coming in, seal that defence up tighter than a ducks arse for starters, stop the bloody sideways and backwards passing and play high pressure quick passing game.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:34 pm

The next appointment is ( as Ashton states), very important and they have to get it right. That person had to be able to work as part of an overall team, be flexible, and experienced to take this team forwards. I’d say Warnocks age now, is against him. I think the owners will be looking for a much younger man, and maybe not even English. Maybe it’s time for a continental, coach type rather a manager type of appointment?

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:43 am

I'm with Ashford, mission A is to get promoted. I wouldn't be looking past that. Warnock ticks the boxes for me, if he is up for it.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:44 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:13 pm
BM :lol: :lol: you make me laugh :roll: How the F**K do you know that, it's just an assumption that doesn't quite cross your thinking, :shock: It just might work out well :D :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:50 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:44 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:13 pm
BM :lol: :lol: you make me laugh :roll: How the F**K do you know that, it's just an assumption that doesn't quite cross your thinking, :shock: It just might work out well :D :D
This old boy thing ain't for me Ash, Warnock maybe.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:54 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:34 pm
The next appointment is ( as Ashton states), very important and they have to get it right. That person had to be able to work as part of an overall team, be flexible, and experienced to take this team forwards. I’d say Warnocks age now, is against him. I think the owners will be looking for a much younger man, and maybe not even English. Maybe it’s time for a continental, coach type rather a manager type of appointment?
Liz For God's sake don't bring age into it, :roll: He's still as sharp as a pin trust me, :shock: Look I'm 80 and still play golf off a 9 handicap, so you are only as old as you feel, Neil's Tactical knowledge prove he can and could do a very capable job here.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:52 pm

Wasn't Dyer hospitalized recently with some health condition. Wish it every recovery naturally but point being that alone questions his candidates position at least for the immediate time ahead. And they want co-managers with McGreal with it, it's not going to happen. Simply not feasible, at least in terms of pressing forward in what we / the club name can want or hope to achieve in the time ahead.

Warnock was a highly effective team coach at one time or another but that was then and the time is now. Trying to put across he's something of a yesterday figure and to bring him now, maybe it could work for a short time or raise some interest but from a long term view just appears something to avoid. Bottom line it wouldn't work us for at least in terms of a full-time objective.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:34 am

saint jude wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:52 pm
Wasn't Dyer hospitalized recently with some health condition. Wish it every recovery naturally but point being that alone questions his candidates position at least for the immediate time ahead. And they want co-managers with McGreal with it, it's not going to happen. Simply not feasible, at least in terms of pressing forward in what we / the club name can want or hope to achieve in the time ahead.

Warnock was a highly effective team coach at one time or another but that was then and the time is now. Trying to put across he's something of a yesterday figure and to bring him now, maybe it could work for a short time or raise some interest but from a long term view just appears something to avoid. Bottom line it wouldn't work us for at least in terms of a full-time objective.
SJ Cardiff City was on their knees until Neil came in and got them playing aggressively and got them promoted, Likewise, Middlesboro was doing poorly under Woodgate and he steady the ship and got them up the league and winning more games likewise at Palace he had them playing well, so there's still life in the old dog yet so we should give him the reins for a while to get the team in order.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:30 am

I’ll happily take Neil Warnock as a short term fix, I still wish he came here years ago.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:29 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:54 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Liz For God's sake don't bring age into it, :roll: He's still as sharp as a pin trust me, :shock: Look I'm 80 and still play golf off a 9 handicap, so you are only as old as you feel, Neil's Tactical knowledge prove he can and could do a very capable job here.
Oh yes I get that totally, ( good handicap …you play at Felixstowe?)…..mu reason for dismissing him is more from our owners perspective, in that they want a manager for the l9mg term. But I concede he could do a job in the interim…I just don’t think Ashton and O’Leary would buy it

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:31 am

saint jude wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:52 pm

Yes he was. His health isn’t good and sadly going forward , unless he gets a Liver transplant the prognosis isn’t looking stunning

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:11 am

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:29 am
ashfordblue wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:54 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Oh yes I get that totally, ( good handicap …you play at Felixstowe?)…..mu reason for dismissing him is more from our owners perspective, in that they want a manager for the l9mg term. But I concede he could do a job in the interim…I just don’t think Ashton and O’Leary would buy it
I thought Ashton had been buying everything? :lol: :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:18 pm

Lol … get back to grand dadding you !! :lol: