Chris Houghton

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Chris Houghton

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:50 pm

Being linked with Town in certain quarters

bluejacko

Re: Chris Houghton

Post by bluejacko » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:04 pm

According to Ashton his phone hasn’t stooped with manager’s putting themselves forward!

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:13 pm

I know it's a nightmare, keep getting engaged tone when calling him to put myself forward.

Anybody know his email will send him my CV?

Going to need a good backroom team so drop me a line if interested lol.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:07 pm

Lol, are you sure you aren't ringing 423100
The formation and most popular recent score combined.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:19 pm

Just copied this from his Personal Profile; Chris Hughton. ... Preferred formation : 4-2-3-1. 🤣

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:40 pm

What I like is that we are looking at managers currently already in post . I get sick of the same journeymen tbh .

I don’t want “ Name” managers like bloody Lampard or 70 yr olds like Warnock. Tbh I think whoever we get it had a helluva job on getting us into those playoffs now . The players haven’t covered themselves in any glory have they !

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:42 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:19 pm
Just copied this from his Personal Profile; Chris Hughton. ... Preferred formation : 4-2-3-1. 🤣
Exactly …. Formations are red herrings as far as I’m concerned. Just about every manager uses that formation and rarely 442 these days.

Its ALWAYS down to the players . They’re supposed to be professional. You could have fooled me !

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:29 pm

Well I got hold of him eventually, we spoke and he went through my CV, sadly I will not be getting an interview as I am over qualified.

I knew all those years coaching at Skidpan United in the Armitage Shanks League were wasted, should of aimed lower lol, back to me day job then.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:52 pm

I think it will be hard to please everyone as to who Town give the managers job to because I can't see a stand out contender a few weeks ago I would have said Wilder, I just hope we get it right at last.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:36 pm

I think he would be an excellant appointment.
The thing about Chris is that he was succesful at all his other clubs but sacked at Forest having kept them them up, rebuilt the whole squad next season and they struggled. Oh dear something ringing a bell

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:53 pm

I like Chris Hughton too but I think his ambition will take him beyond the level where we are at the moment.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:43 am

Andy its nothing to do with a managers preferred formation, its the fact he was unable to do anything different when it wasn't working.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:44 am

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:42 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Exactly …. Formations are red herrings as far as I’m concerned. Just about every manager uses that formation and rarely 442 these days.

Its ALWAYS down to the players . They’re supposed to be professional. You could have fooled me !
So Cook signed players that aren't professional, seeing as he's worked with some of them before its atrocious tbh.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:39 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:44 am
hallamblue wrote:
Charnwood wrote:

So Cook signed players that aren't professional, seeing as he's worked with some of them before its atrocious tbh.
Why do you persist in this complete denigration of Paul Cook ?
Now your onto trashing the reputation of players also.
It was the same with Paul Lambert and his players ?
It really needs to be better than this. It didn't work out for PC at PR. Why don't you wish the man all the best for the future and hope it works for him elsewhere and that whoever comes into PR galvanizes the current squad into getting Town back to where you want them to be.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:14 am

I haven't thrashed players at all, others have done that I think you'll find. You need to read elsewhere as to where I have thanked Cook for his efforts and wished him well in the future but sadly it didn't work out here as most can see. Stop the selective reading.

As for Lambert, aside from you pretty much everyone had derogatory things to say about him by the end and rightly so, as they did with that embarrasment of a squad, again read the match thread where I have thanked Cook for getting shot of the lot of them, and for what it is worth, a few on here thought Cook was completing out of order with his dismantling of the squad, maybe take it up with them.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:53 pm

Bluemike wrote:
hallamblue wrote:
Charnwood wrote:

You have to ask the question ( well I do anyway), why it is that McGreal is say8mg the players need to get enthusiasm back in their game. Well where and why the hell have they not had this enthusiasm then? It’s unprofessional and indicates it is player attitude.

You know if they come out of the blocks to night and smash it one and just happen to be in a 4321 formation, then you’d have to start to question the integrity ( not for the first time) of these so called professional footballers. Players get paid ridiculous sums of money in this game, yet rarely are held accountable.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:57 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:39 am
Bluemike wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Why do you persist in this complete denigration of Paul Cook ?
Now your onto trashing the reputation of players also.
It was the same with Paul Lambert and his players ?
It really needs to be better than this. It didn't work out for PC at PR. Why don't you wish the man all the best for the future and hope it works for him elsewhere and that whoever comes into PR galvanizes the current squad into getting Town back to where you want them to be.
I suppose this is a common theme for people in the public eye isn’t VR. EVERYTHING is scrutinised to within an inch of its life, and through social media nothing escapes this scrutiny , and re scrutiny because it’s accessible 24/7 and for years historically. We all communicate through social media , it’s the way of life now . Do I like ? No actually I don’t , but it’s really hard to “ give it up”. It’s almost addictive…..

I’ve often wondered what life would be like with no mobile phones , iPads, 24/7 “ news”…it sucks the life out of you doesn’t it .

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:22 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:40 pm
What I like is that we are looking at managers currently already in post . I get sick of the same journeymen tbh .

I don’t want “ Name” managers like bloody Lampard or 70 yr olds like Warnock. Tbh I think whoever we get it had a helluva job on getting us into those playoffs now . The players haven’t covered themselves in any glory have they !
Liz [/b;]Neil Warnock has the proven CV credentials for getting his squads working well together and getting promotions, Lampard is a money man-manager not the right recipe for Ipswich, so in my eyes in the short term whilst we are looking for the right replacement I would strongly suggest Neil Warnock to come here and get the squad going in the right direction, YOU and others might hate his guts BUT he will make a world of difference to this current team and get them motivated to play out and out attacking tactics.