A new manager in BEFORE Sunderland game

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

A new manager in BEFORE Sunderland game

Post by hallamblue » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:18 am

I think this is an absolute must now after tonight’s game/ performance/ result and the post match fans reaction.

If we have McGreal still in charge at that packed out game and these players turn in another performance like that , the atmosphere will be more toxic than it was in McCarthys final days , and that’s saying something.

If we however install a new manager ( and the performance is still bad , which I’m expecting tbh ) the new man will be given a honeymoon period I think .

I have no idea what’s happened to this team but they appear absolutely devoid of any confidence or identity of how to play …..

Now is not the time for a rookie manager !

Dubai Blue

Re: A new manager in BEFORE Sunderland game

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:47 am

Know where you are coming from Liz but I think Ashton is right. We have to take the time needed to get the right man in.

I would not be surprised if Ashton is hoping that McGreal will be good enough to take us through to the Summer. If so then let's hope last night was just a 'soft start'.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:51 am

Crikey DB I hope to god its not McGreal until the summer, I am hoping we know exactly who we want and he's here at least in time for the January window.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:02 am

Interestingly JMc said in a recent interview that he was in “for a couple of games”, this times very well for that Sunderland game.

I don’t think we can afford to hang around….nor conversely c*ck it up by making a hasty decision. Ashton and O’Reilly really will be putting in the hours now and have done since Cook left the building.

How long does it take to draw up a short list anyway? The biggest problem would come if we were targeting a manager already in post and trying to persuade them to drop to League One. We really do appear to be a right mess now.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:07 am

Well by all accounts a fair few managers already in jobs have applied, there will be no shortage of takers, we have to get this right this time and thankfully its the owners choice this time.