Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by number 9 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:50 pm

I had a feeling Fraser didn't wanna be here. No worries, good luck to ya!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:56 am

Basically he couldn’t get in the Team, so didn’t want to stay and fight for his place . Fine, cheerio 👋 . It says more about his character than this Club and “ not settling”!

Edit: the more he speaks , the more I’m happy he’s gone.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... fc-8668906

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:35 pm

Another player Cook pissed off :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:45 pm

Think he did. After reading that……. Goals & assists from a central midfield attacking position…… then Cook doesn't play him there? Wore down mentally…. Fresh break always whats required and McK obviously noticed this.

Didnt really pick up that there was an issue with his “character” in that article to be honest, Hallam.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:05 pm

He just seems to be whinging that he couldn't get in the team. Did he just throw the towel in during training and not get picked? I don't know really, but that's two managers not picked him now isn't it. I honestly don't know. maybe i've just gone stir crazy spending months in the house lol !! :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:25 pm

didn't realize Hayes plays in goal. Free or otherwise why we've brought in a player from Hemel Hempstead - hell knows what league they're at - can't quite comprehend the deal made. Will never rise above Vaclav and Walton in the selection order so only guess is McKenna may play him at some stage of the season when promotion is a mathematical loss just for a try out or exhibition purpose.

Fraser if not once again, appeared to feature so seldomly or appeared off radar (even when starting) just seems no loss whatsoever he's no longer with us. May be right in thinking didn't even score while here but given the number of appearances alllowed that's not so hard to understand.

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:16 pm

saint jude wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:25 pm
didn't realize Hayes plays in goal. Free or otherwise why we've brought in a player from Hemel Hempstead - hell knows what league they're at - can't quite comprehend the deal made. Will never rise above Vaclav and Walton in the selection order so only guess is McKenna may play him at some stage of the season when promotion is a mathematical loss just for a try out or exhibition purpose.

Fraser if not once again, appeared to feature so seldomly or appeared off radar (even when starting) just seems no loss whatsoever he's no longer with us. May be right in thinking didn't even score while here but given the number of appearances alllowed that's not so hard to understand.
He is here as a 3rd keeper, no doubt on very low wages. If one keeper gets injured you at least have one to put on the bench etc.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:35 pm
Another player Cook pissed off :wink:
:D :D

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:19 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:04 pm
I'm not sure we'll see Simpson in a Town shirt again tbh.
Played against Colchester U 23's in an Ipswich shirt

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:24 am

Was meaning first team

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:37 am

Read a little rumor about Jack Wiltshire, who's a free agent after Bournemouth FC let him go ages ago, talking with Darren Bent on a TV football show, about Ipswich FC.
Darren said to Jack would you ever consider playing for Ipswich, Jack replied no, as Ipswich are a Division one club and I don't want to play lower league football, so Darren said well it seems nobody's been in touch with you since you left Bournemouth about playing again, so Jack replies well I suppose Ipswich are a big club playing in the wrong league, so Darren said what If Ipswich asked you to play would you consider it, Jack said yeh maybe, so Darren said ok I'll contact Keiran and say you're available to talk.

Well just say if Kieran did ask him along for a trial and he passed a fitness test, Jack couldn't demand big wages, not with his injury record, shock: as I have stated no club managers have been in touch so beggars can't be choosers.

Just another topic to talk about Guys and Gals from the Fan who only talks Bollocks, and remember it's just a rumor :lol: :lol: so no abuse ok :)

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:30 am

Clearly had skill in his day but always appeared very sullen for some reason. Still thinks he is better than the last few seasons have shown so its a no from me.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:56 am

Aah, its posted on TWTD so hardly a rumour, stop talking bollocks lol.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:38 am

Would only take him on a pay as you play. If he can stay for and if he can recap some form then he would be a v good asset but those are higher if’s!

I think he would suspect league one is below him, i could see him either going to Scotland, MLS or something like that - unless he wanted to stay local (maybe a London club as I assume he lives there perhaps).

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:13 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:56 am
Aah, its posted on TWTD so hardly a rumour, stop talking bollocks lol.
:lol: :lol: :lol: told yer

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:25 pm

I wouldn’t want Wilshire here if he was the last player standing . Billy big bollox would upset the tight knit squad we now have and he’s not played for a club for most of the season got a reason - he’s a sick note journeyman. NO THANKS!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:42 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:25 pm
I wouldn’t want Wilshire here if he was the last player standing . Billy big bollox would upset the tight knit squad we now have and he’s not played for a club for most of the season got a reason - he’s a sick note journeyman. NO THANKS!
Totally agree! Celina is our Marquee player, and I'd much rather have Celina over Wilshire anyway!