Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
tangfastic
Posts: 4202
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by tangfastic » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:55 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:44 am
Blues centre-half Toto Nsiala is being linked with a move to Fleetwood Town.

According to The Sun, the Cod Army, currently 19th in League One, are working on a deal which would see Nsiala join them on loan.

The 29-year-old is out of contract in the summer, Town having taken up a one-year option on his previous deal in May, and his departure would come as no surprise.

The DR Congo international was signed in the summer of 2018 by Paul Hurst from his former club Shrewsbury.

Nsiala, who spent a spell on loan at Bolton in the second half of 2019/20, has made 71 starts and six sub appearances for Town, scoring once.

Makes sense if we want to bring in another CB. Looks like Toto has become 5th choice CB from being 2nd choice under Cook. Early days, but McKenna looks like he wants his CB’s to be comfortable on the ball. Not Toto’s strength.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 25082
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:30 am

Yep, if you want a CB that puts his body on the line by throwing your body in the way and heading away numerous balls then Toto is your man, wanting him to play the KM way is probably never gonna happen.

tangfastic
Posts: 4202
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by tangfastic » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:17 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:30 am
Yep, if you want a CB that puts his body on the line by throwing your body in the way and heading away numerous balls then Toto is your man, wanting him to play the KM way is probably never gonna happen.
To be fair to Toto he’s cut out his red cards and giving away penalties. Doesn’t look the liability he used to be.

hallamblue
Posts: 27299
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:38 am

Just been confirmed. He’s going to Fleetwood permanently.

Good luck Toto… he’s a really decent bloke actually. And he’ll get game time there 👍

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... -fleetwood

Kerry Blue
Posts: 1323
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm
Location: Listowel Co Kerry

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:59 am

I think it's a good move for both him and the club he's a good bloke wish him well.

hallamblue
Posts: 27299
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:08 pm


shabba
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by shabba » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:21 pm

Must be a CB coming in now surely? We only have four players for 3 positions if we are to stick with 3 at the back.

mendipblue
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by mendipblue » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:36 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:38 am
Just been confirmed. He’s going to Fleetwood permanently.

Good luck Toto… he’s a really decent bloke actually. And he’ll get game time there 👍

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... -fleetwood
That is not a confirmation, he has not gone yet.
Already been said he is not going to play the Mckenna way. He should move on for his own career.

hallamblue
Posts: 27299
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:30 pm

Well it’s as near as done … so perhaps you’re just nit-picking a bit here ?
Last edited by hallamblue on Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 4082
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by number 9 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:39 pm

Toto was already gone after he had that confrontation with the fans.

hallamblue
Posts: 27299
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:58 am

mendipblue wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:36 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:38 am
Just been confirmed. He’s going to Fleetwood permanently.

Good luck Toto… he’s a really decent bloke actually. And he’ll get game time there 👍

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... -fleetwood
That is not a confirmation, he has not gone yet.
Already been said he is not going to play the Mckenna way. He should move on for his own career.
CONFIRMED!

https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/20 ... a-signing/

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... od-8621986

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... od-medical

mendipblue
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by mendipblue » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:35 pm

Glad he has gone, free up some wages for a replacement.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:35 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:35 pm
Glad he has gone, free up some wages for a replacement.
I know we all have our own opinions and differing views, but i personally find the use of "glad" as a harsh reflection. Yes, agreed he always had an error or sending off in his game and probably doesn't fit the KM mould going forward, however at times he has been the standout defender putting blocks and tackles in (where others wouldn't) as though his life depends on it. Of course, hopefully, we can and no doubt will get a better defender in, but i personally thank him for what he has done

mendipblue
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by mendipblue » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:08 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:35 pm
mendipblue wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:35 pm
Glad he has gone, free up some wages for a replacement.
I know we all have our own opinions and differing views, but i personally find the use of "glad" as a harsh reflection. Yes, agreed he always had an error or sending off in his game and probably doesn't fit the KM mould going forward, however at times he has been the standout defender putting blocks and tackles in (where others wouldn't) as though his life depends on it. Of course, hopefully, we can and no doubt will get a better defender in, but i personally thank him for what he has done
"Glad" is used as it says in the rest of the post , it frees up wages for a possible replacement. Not in the way you are reading it.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:34 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:08 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:35 pm
mendipblue wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:35 pm
Glad he has gone, free up some wages for a replacement.
I know we all have our own opinions and differing views, but i personally find the use of "glad" as a harsh reflection. Yes, agreed he always had an error or sending off in his game and probably doesn't fit the KM mould going forward, however at times he has been the standout defender putting blocks and tackles in (where others wouldn't) as though his life depends on it. Of course, hopefully, we can and no doubt will get a better defender in, but i personally thank him for what he has done
"Glad" is used as it says in the rest of the post , it frees up wages for a possible replacement. Not in the way you are reading it.
Oops yes, i guess i can see that now you have explained. Sorry.

hallamblue
Posts: 27299
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:13 pm

Last edited by hallamblue on Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 25082
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:49 pm

Very good news

hallamblue
Posts: 27299
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:31 am

There’s a bit of a rumour starting up that we might be getting a midfielder from Walsall . Mark Kinsella’s son….Liam Kinsella… time will tell I guess …


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Kinsella

shabba
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by shabba » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:15 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:31 am
There’s a bit of a rumour starting up that we might be getting a midfielder from Walsall . Mark Kinsella’s son….Liam Kinsella… time will tell I guess …


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Kinsella
Seems quite odd if true. We aren’t short of midfielders and he is someone from the league below who isn’t even a hot young prospect or such.

BlueBalls
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by BlueBalls » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:24 pm

My thoughts too.

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 9559
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by saint jude » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:02 pm

QPR must have faith in their abilities if they don't wish Bonne back. They're involved in a play-off chance in the league above, can only imagine they're content with the forwards they now possess and see no need for his return.

Good news for us, he's not been the same proficiency as once before but while the mathematical chance of promotion remains and other forwards here can contribute, all things are possible. It just requires eradication of yesterdays score or (collective) effort.

hallamblue
Posts: 27299
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:50 pm


Dazzz67
Posts: 1069
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:08 am

tbh he will not go to Luton, for starters its an absolute cess pit. Id rather be on less money and play a league lower down than be there! And I live in Swindon lol.

If im wrong and he does go there then we would be better off without him.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 25082
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:54 am

Good to see Toto get the assist for the 95th minute Fleetwood winner against the league leaders.

User avatar
barmy billy
Posts: 2786
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wherever I rest my head

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by barmy billy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:39 am

Dazzz67 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:08 am
tbh he will not go to Luton, for starters its an absolute cess pit. Id rather be on less money and play a league lower down than be there! And I live in Swindon lol.

If im wrong and he does go there then we would be better off without him.
I'm sorry, but why would we be better off without him he goes to Luton? That doesn't make sense to me, especially as neither of us know what terms he may have been offered, etc. I would imagine he would probably choose to live outside Luton: there are some really attractive areas on the doorstep.

Kerry Blue
Posts: 1323
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm
Location: Listowel Co Kerry

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:06 pm


hallamblue
Posts: 27299
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:13 pm

yes hope so too .... I suspect a greedy agent has encouraged other Clubs to show interest in an effort to put up the price and the wages for his player. I bloody hate agents . thinks they should be ousted ...

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14512
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:18 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:39 am
Dazzz67 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:08 am
tbh he will not go to Luton, for starters its an absolute cess pit. Id rather be on less money and play a league lower down than be there! And I live in Swindon lol.

If im wrong and he does go there then we would be better off without him.
I'm sorry, but why would we be better off without him he goes to Luton? That doesn't make sense to me, especially as neither of us know what terms he may have been offered, etc. I would imagine he would probably choose to live outside Luton: there are some really attractive areas on the doorstep.

Of course we wouldn’t be better off if Walton went to Luton and I’m sure Dazza know that too. I sort of get the point he’s trying to make because Luton is a sh*t hole and most people wouldn’t choose to live there, some might just say the same about Ipswich ?. However one thing I’ve learned from first hand experience is that every sh*t hole location isn’t far away from somewhere very desirable and up market, and obviously the same works in reverse. At the end of the day Christian Walton is a professional footballer with a short career and he’ll go wherever he gets the best deal and opportunity to play first team football. He did of course have a season long loan at Luton 2016/17 so he’ll know exactly what he’s letting himself in for. Luton may possibly be showing interest to put their first choice Croatian keeper under pressure to sign a new contract given his existing contract runs out at the end of the season.

tangfastic
Posts: 4202
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by tangfastic » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:35 pm

Looking promising. Andy Warren’s now tweeted that we’re closing in and the deal could be done today.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14512
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:36 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:35 pm
Looking promising. Andy Warren’s now tweeted that we’re closing in and the deal could be done today.
Let’s hope so Tang, I think his signing is very important to the team.

Post Reply