Demolition Players - how they’re doing now …EADT report

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Demolition Players - how they’re doing now …EADT report

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:09 am

Like him or loathe him Paul Cook actually did this Club a favour ( in my view) by clearing out the deadwood at this Club. It was long overdue, and he paved the way for us moving forwards with the now current squad ( even if he wasn’t able / capable of getting the best out of them)….

Apart from Downes, Dozzell & Drinan.. none of the demolished squad have gone on to do anything …. Which is no surprise to me anyway.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... bs-8613664

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Demolition Players - how they’re doing now …EADT report

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:53 am

I will be eternally grateful to Paul Cook for shipping out that shower of sh*te, with the possible exception of Chambers and Skuse none of them gave a toss about the club in the last months of their time here. It was the best thing Cook did.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:19 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:53 am
I will be eternally grateful to Paul Cook for shipping out that shower of sh*te, with the possible exception of Chambers and Skuse none of them gave a toss about the club in the last months of their time here. It was the best thing Cook did.
Agree totally. Alan Judge is one who really surprises me. When we were relegated from the Championship many of us expected him to be far too good for our League One opposition! Ok he is older now and has been hampered by injuries, but he is hardly cutting the mustard in League 2 now. Seems like Freddie has "found his level" though, hey Mike? :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:51 pm

Do you know AM , that arsehole did nothing for this Club did he. He pranced around the pitch thinking he was some kind of prima dona. We gave him a lucrative contract after he’d been binned by Brentford and yet as soon as QPR came calling he was ready to take the money and run wasn’t he. I still reckon he said something pretty obnoxious to that ref when it all blew up on the pitch. Tbh it doesn’t surprise me he’s hardly playing for Col Utd either. He’s like so many of that squad, washed up has beens taking the club for a ride .

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:08 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:51 pm
Do you know AM , that arsehole did nothing for this Club did he. He pranced around the pitch thinking he was some kind of prima dona. We gave him a lucrative contract after he’d been binned by Brentford and yet as soon as QPR came calling he was ready to take the money and run wasn’t he. I still reckon he said something pretty obnoxious to that ref when it all blew up on the pitch. Tbh it doesn’t surprise me he’s hardly playing for Col Utd either. He’s like so many of that squad, washed up has beens taking the club for a ride .
True, he arrived and we thought we had a great player but in truth he failed to deliver on any promise we believed he could bring! I guess it is a of little surprise that ColU are struggling with the nucleus of a squad who failed to lift us out of the doldrums.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:12 pm

Col U keep trying a failing formula….. they’ve just signed Emyr Huws.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:44 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:12 pm
Will they ever learn?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:04 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:12 pm
Just seen that . Bet that Skuse /Chambo influence there . I hope Col U have money to burn

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:15 pm

Our unchallenged passing today is truly shocking !

Absolutely no forward passing or momentum by us at all . Tentative doesn’t begin to describe it . Terrible… no bloody energy in our team at all

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:42 pm

Can you believe it - yes!

Kenlock to Col U.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/janua ... for-myles/

They have the laziest chief scout in football. Or only allowed a tankful of petrol per season on expenses.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:01 pm

Little surprise that shower of sh*te are on the cusp of taking Colchester out of the Football League, that's where we would have ended up but for Cooks demolition job and for that alone I love the guy.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:15 pm

I can genuinely see Chambers / Skuse getting the new manager’s job there. They’re probably now running their recruitment dept.