Liquidation for Derby County in 12 days ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Liquidation for Derby County in 12 days ?

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:07 pm

According to this thread / post on twtd .

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/528354/liq ... 2-days/#28

hallamblue

Re: Liquidation for Derby County in 12 days ?

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:21 pm

Open letter to Derby administrators….from Middlesbrough….oops!

An open letter from Steve Gibson which was sent to the Joint Administrators of Derby County FC today...

20 January 2022

Dear Sirs,

We are becoming increasingly concerned by representations that you are continuously making to the media which are not correct. For example you continue to represent that the claim that we and Wycombe have against Derby County, and the EFL’s response to those claims, is all that is preventing the sale of Derby County. This is not true.

The purpose of this open letter is to clarify the position and give some important context to the sale of Derby County.

We therefore invite you to respond to the following questions by way of an open letter.

1) MSD (a lender) is owed a significant amount of money by Derby County which is personally guaranteed by Mel Morris. If Derby County went into liquidation, Mr Morris would have to settle the debt and therefore he has an interest in resolving the matter. Please confirm the current status of the discussions with the lender and Mr Morris about the debt and the transfer of Pride Park, which is owned by Mr Morris, to any purchaser of Derby County.

2) You met with Steve Gibson in November 2021. It was agreed at the meeting there would be a continued dialogue between you and Mr Gibson. Why did you not then engage or communicate with him at all until Friday 14 January 2022?

3) As noted above, you give the impression that the sole issue that is left to resolve is our and Wycombe’s claim. Please confirm that you have reached a settlement with HMRC and the basis of that settlement.

4) Contrary to what you leak to the media, we have made an offer to compromise our claim and met with your nominated representative last weekend. Please confirm that this is correct.

5) Please confirm how many millions of Derby County’s money you have spent on your fees to date and what additional debt you have incurred.

We repeat that we have no wish to see Derby County cease to exist. We only want to be dealt with fairly and can only conclude that you are currently choosing to use ourselves, the EFL and Wycombe Wanderers as scapegoats for your failure to conclude what should have been a relatively simple task of bringing Derby County out of administration. We hope that you will have the courtesy to respond to this open letter unlike our previous correspondence which remains unanswered.

Yours faithfully,

Stephen Gibson
Chairman

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/an-open-lett ... -county-fc

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:10 am

OK, I admit I don't know all the goings on about Derbys financial woes but, and don't have a go at me about this, maybe if a team like Derby did get thrown to the wolves over this and did cease to exist, would it be the wake up call that is clearly needed in football??

Obviously it would be a disaster for their fans, players, staff etc but unless Barcelonas creditors call time on all their loans or the Glazers pull out of Utd and take their money back therefore making the club bankrupt its going to have to be a smaller club that suffers before the powers that be really do something about the dire financial strait clubs feel they have to put themselves into just to compete at any level.

I'm not saying that we should go back to the days where players had second jobs to make ends meet but there really needs to be SENSIBLE pay caps at ALL levels and as for transfer fees etc, I think we all know they need capping somehow!

Investment in clubs needs to be measured, sensible and overseen somehow. The FA, UEFA & FIFA must sort their own houses out first because until they do nothing will be done and more clubs will suffer!!!!

I love football, but its time to make changes and if it takes a bit of suffering to put the sport back on an even keel then so be it!

(when I joined this site I did say I'd have the odd ramble so feel free to ignore this one 😂)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:37 am

I agree with every word of that Liz.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:56 am

With Mike on that, LizinSpain ....., Absolutely spot on. Have thought the same for many, many years. Especially when watching some "4 grand a week" defender at Hibs making my nephew in his Under 12 team look world class.

But....., someone (or plural) will come to the Rams rescue. And so the show will go on. Didn't happen for Bury FC, because (unfortunately) ---- >> Bury? Who? That's not my opinion....., Bury were a very old club with history and passionate fans........, but commercially? Yes, who?

But Derby County will survive....., and please go back and throw egg in my face if "THE RAMS GO MAMS UP" in 12 days.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:16 pm

A different take, but the EFL have had FFP in operation for a long time. But they didn’t enforce it. Why did they allow a club like Derby to operate like that in clear sight for so many years? I think they need to be held accountable as well. If you let criminals get away with their crimes, they keep on doing it and encourage others to do it as well. Were the EFL ok with so much money floating around to enhance the Championship? Maybe pick up more TV revenue with so much money and better players in the Championship? Maybe Derby’s worst crime is not flouting the rules well enough and not getting promoted. They could be established now in the PL if they’d gone about their cheating better.

Derby need to be punished, but I wouldn’t want to see them liquidated. They’re not the only ones and they are probably other clubs who’ve flouted the rules and got rewarded with promotion.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:45 pm

There’s an interesting interview which I’ll try and copy n paste onto here for you tang 👍

Here it is … he’s right in a lot of what he says I think . But I’ll continue to lay the real blame at Sky sports money ruining the game and making clubs chase the dream snd be greedy and irresponsible in their pursuit of the promised land . Derby definitely threw caution to the wind for nearly a decade in that very pursuit .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZALbyFSyMyw

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:55 pm

Picture quiz

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:23 pm

I see they've been given a Month's extension

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:14 pm

More time then . Don’t think they deserve it as a club tbh ….that must mean there’s a consortium or buyer in the wings . What you think ?

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:11 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:55 pm
Picture quiz
Lamb koftas? Making me hungry Marko!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:12 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:23 pm
I see they've been given a Month's extension
I'm sure they will come out of it smelling of roses BM, but they have a £60 million debt that needs sorting, so they need a buyer with some serious dosh to spend ASAP, :roll: and I'll bet it will happen.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:50 pm

We made it to 120 Million or something so we have little to crow about really.