Tyreece Simpson

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Tyreece Simpson

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:01 pm

Hope this works… it’s a compilation of his goals at Swindon

https://twitter.com/jamieitfc_?ref_src= ... n-here%2F8

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Tyreece Simpson

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:26 am

Wouldn't waste too much time on “compilations”, Hallam. They mean not a great deal really.

And that last link down below……. Why the player in question, (in the first few seconds) has the nerve to celebrate like Cristiano Ronaldo is beyond comprehension. Funny though.

https://youtu.be/FmIibCfvTMc

https://youtu.be/PPA3u9PmVB4

https://youtu.be/MRsOgyup0eE

https://youtu.be/Eg8VXX8kvek

Re Tyreece. Probably need to wait and see what he can do for Ipswich Town and if he can bring the “stuff” he can clearly do to Portman Road.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:39 am

Now seems that Simpson was brought back for contractual reasons. Rumours are he’s refusing to sign a new contract and it was Ashton’s decision, not McKenna’s. Is this a move to strong-arm him into signing a new contract? Only got the one year clause to trigger at the end of the season. Tricky one really as we might have to sell him in the summer or let him go on a free the following season. Interesting to see what happens this week if we keep him or loan him out/sell him. Feels that Jackson has suddenly bought himself a new life-line and Pigott’s days are numbered.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:42 am

That being the case I am glad they've brought him back then, he's a very good prospect who I would hope we can keep and reap the benefit of in the future, for too many years this club has allowed players contracts to run down so we lose them for nothing. Finally we are being run properly, of course he may refuse to sign a new contract but at least we are doing our bit.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:56 am

Taken from TWTD forum it's not looking good, lots of replys.

From what I understand...

Tyreece was recalled as he has refused to discuss/sign new contractual terms with town.

He has been moved into the u18s to train. So don't go expecting him to be given match time any time soon.

Understand from source this is a power play/punishment for him refusing to initiay speak with town.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:19 pm

Well I guess our negotiating power is to threaten him with 18 more months of youth football on a lesser contract. I assume the new contract would be better money.

If he’s refusing to sign it’s because he thinks it’ll make himself a more attractive proposition to sign with only a year left on his contract or to leave on a free. He might come round and take the contract and the extra money. I assume if he’d sign already, he could have continued at Swindon. Seems a bit harsh on the lad, but I think he’s shot himself in the foot. He’s only 19 and starting out in pro football and most youngsters would jump at the chance of an improved contract. Just protecting our assets and we’ve provided him the coaching so far to get him where he is.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:45 pm

Seems massively harsh on him, almost blackmail, I hope he sends the massive Vs up to Ashton and demands to leave now or in the summer.

He's signed a contract to play for the club until a certain date, he's met his part of the contract, he hasn't refused to play for Town, so unless in the contract it says he has to negotiate new terms when the club asks, which it obviously won't, then he has done no wrong and hasn't broken his contract in any way. The club does not own him, he doesn't have to want to play the club, if he doesn't see his future here, then why is he being strongarmed in to negotiating a new one contract?

If that is the full story, then it is horrendous frankly. He needs playing time at his age and to deny him that because he doesn't want to negotiate a new contract is cruel to the extreme.

This has pissed me off.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:16 pm

Oh and for what it's worth, the kid is clearly a big unit and would be an annoyance to defenders, but even though he's young, he looks a long way from having the skill and finese to succeed at the level Town want to be at in the next few years, so I don't think it would be big loss, even more of a reason to just let him have his loan spell and his way. Will probably eat my own words at some point no doubt.

All this is hardly going to make the club more attactive to other footballers, not the hill to die on I'm afraid Ashton, big marks down in my eyes.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:04 pm

I'm glad we've taken the stance we have, we've already invested plenty of time and money bringing him through and I remember everyone moaning about losing the likes of Ben Knight, Flores and one or Two others without tieing them down earlier, we can't have it both ways. Finally the club are trying to protect their assets, long overdue.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:24 pm

:shock: Tell you what, Simmo at 19 is a big b*stard, watched the clips of his game time at Swindon, he ain't barged off the ball easily :D reminds me of that summo striker at Wycombe that they bring on to beef up their strike force.

If I was Mckenna that lad would be on the bench ready for some serious contact with the opposition defense :lol: :lol: when the going gets tough the tough get introduced, get in there take some of that COYB

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:41 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:04 pm
I'm glad we've taken the stance we have, we've already invested plenty of time and money bringing him through and I remember everyone morning about losing the likes of Ben Knight, Flores and one or Two others without tieing them down earlier, we can't have it both ways. Finally the club are trying to protect their assets, long overdue.
Yep, I completely agree with this. It’s Aston’s job to protect the assets of the company, and I don’t think there’s any malice involved. This sort of thing happens all the time at other clubs. I understand what you’re saying Ricco, but the player can’t be bigger than the club especially at his age and experience level. Besides, it’s probably Simpson’s agent telling him exactly what to do….and I guarantee the agent doesn’t give a hoot about ITFC.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:53 pm

I think the player should sign the extension to his contract . It enables the Club to get a decent fee ( partially recouping the cost of his development to this point). He will undoubtedly return to Swindon, and everyone moves on. He gets his move , Town get a fee. Cant see what’s the problem. But of course it’s likely his agent has stuck his oar in and said he could get a bigger signing 9n fee if he’s a free agent in the summer.

Not sure who has the. contract option, the Club or the player.

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:45 pm

Interesting plot twist - Louie Barry has just signed for Swindon on loan.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:25 am

…. And haven’t they also just signed another striker? So maybe TS won’t be returning there after all.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:13 pm

TS could be on his way to the Championship.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... ff-8655624

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:32 pm

It’s just been comfirmed by Ben …whoever ( from Swindon? ), that TS won’t be returning to Swindon. So the kid has lost his chance to stay there all because he wouldn’t sign a contract extension. Nice work Mr agent 👍

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:59 am

Hallam, if he doesn't want to be at Town, then why on Earth would or should he sign a contract extension?

You don't see it any other industry, the club doesn't own him, there is no loyalty in football anymore and they should have had him on a longer contract to begin with if they wanted to be loyal to him.

The club need to do more to keep players than it traditionally has, but you do that by keeping them happy, making sure their contract doesn't get low and selling them if it starts to get that way. What doesn't work is trying to threaten players in to resigning with you, I wonder how morale goes at a club when you get 3 or 4 players in the reserves because you're trying to force another contract out of them, that makes for a happy healthy club!!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:14 pm

Ricco wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:59 am
Hallam, if he doesn't want to be at Town, then why on Earth would or should he sign a contract extension?

You don't see it any other industry, the club doesn't own him, there is no loyalty in football anymore and they should have had him on a longer contract to begin with if they wanted to be loyal to him.

The club need to do more to keep players than it traditionally has, but you do that by keeping them happy, making sure their contract doesn't get low and selling them if it starts to get that way. What doesn't work is trying to threaten players in to resigning with you, I wonder how morale goes at a club when you get 3 or 4 players in the reserves because you're trying to force another contract out of them, that makes for a happy healthy club!!
He can still leave. But I guess the new contract is to force a bigger fee. It’s not as if the club has done nothing for him. They give contracts to young players and there’s every chance those players don’t make it and we’ve thrown money away. They provide the coaching and we were most likely pro-active in getting the loan move sorted for him. We were also paying a reasonable chunk of his wages at Swindon when he was scoring goals for them. Why should we be the one and only party who gets shafted in this arrangement?
And we don’t know exactly anything about the new contract. Could be he’s asking for too much and being greedy or we’re offering something paltry.
And no-one forced him into this existing contract. It’s two-way. He was happy to get the security of a pro contract and as soon as his reputation rose then he seems like he doesn’t want to be here. Would he have taken this approach if the swindon move didn’t go so well?

See your point, but until I know all the facts I’ll back the club on this.Were we such a bad parent club until we brought him back? Up to that point we could have done the very best for his career.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:49 pm

I think Ricco wants a stick to beat Ashton with 🤣😉

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:20 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:49 pm
I think Ricco wants a stick to beat Ashton with 🤣😉
Ha, don't need to, if he's an idiot he'll do that himself with time!

I just think it seems a little heavy handed, if the kid wants to go, then you're not going to change his mind by acting like this, sure punish him, but what does that gain? So he's trying to show other players what will happen if they refuse contracts? What good does that do, what are you telling the players? That you'll bend their arms if they don't do exactly what you say? I hardly think that's a good ploy.

I have no idea of in the ins and outs of this, none of us do, but the kid signed up to play for Town for 2 years, not 5, not 10, he didn't sign to say he'd sign again when asked, so what's he done wrong to be punished to this extent? I'd suggest not a lot. The club knows that player's careers are short and the can't or generally won't be loyal, they have to do what is right for them, so you sign them up for longer and if you can if you think they're good, you can't make them or rely on them sticking around.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:49 pm

He hasn't done anything wrong but neither have the club in trying to tie down a promising asset, what I don't get is what is so unappealing in staying here.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:58 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:49 pm
He hasn't done anything wrong but neither have the club in trying to tie down a promising asset, what I don't get is what is so unappealing in staying here.
Maybe he feels he won't be up to Ipswich standard any time soon and doesn't want to be handed around on loan until he is? Or he's been offered a big deal elsewhere?Perhaps he doesn't like the people at the club and after enjoying the environment at Swindon thinks it's healthier elsewhere? Maybe London nightlife means he wants to try and find a club there? Maybe he's trying to become a free agent so he can trial at Man City?!

Does make you think doesn't it, but I guess the main point is he doesn't need a reason. Personally I don't think it would be a huge loss, so they're better just letting him go for whatever fee they can get.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:49 pm

If KMc wants to keep Simpson at Ipswich then he needs to give the boy game time against Gillingham and Doncaster he's a powerhouse player just what we need upfront, no teams in League 1 know his potential so unleash him and let him prove himself and make sure we give him an improved contract NOW

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:48 pm

Not a chance he'll get in ahead of the others, zero chance.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:37 am

I think Ash is on the wind-up.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:39 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:48 pm
It's funny how there are 3 championship clubs interested in Tyreece Simpson, and he should be given the chance to get in the 1st team, He's a real handful and a powerful striker give him a go, our current strike force is quite limp upfront, with only our midfielders scoring

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:36 pm

He does look a big ole “ unit” AB. I was amazed at how big he was for a kid and he is powerful for sure.

I’d like to see him come off the bench for us definitely, but I’m just not sure he will. I’m not sure what’s gone on behind the scenes but suspect his agent is heavily involved ( they’re s bloody PITA that lot) and I suspect he’s going to have to really knuckle down in training and with the U23’s for a few weeks b4 he might have earned the right to be involved at senior level .

Too many young players want it handed to them on a plate , and his agent will be very happy if he moves on as it’ll line his pockets won’t it !

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:22 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:39 pm
Bluemike wrote:
It's funny how there are 3 championship clubs interested in Tyreece Simpson, and he should be given the chance to get in the 1st team, He's a real handful and a powerful striker give him a go, our current strike force is quite limp upfront, with only our midfielders scoring
Don't get me wrong Ash I rate the boy, I saw him come on nearly 2 seasons ago and look decent, I remarked on him about him which barely raised a murmur but I know full well what he is about.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:22 am
ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:39 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Don't get me wrong Ash I rate the boy, I saw him come on nearly 2 seasons ago and look decent, I remarked on him about him which barely raised a murmur but I know full well what he is about.
Good reply BM but I don't want to see us lose these up and coming youth players like we did Rhodes and Wickham, etc and I cannot for the life of me see why the likes of Jackson, Norwood, Bonne, Carroll, Edwards, get the preferential selection when their all well off the pace, I know KM likes what he has seen in Tyreece but I just don't want to see yet another talent leave when there are players here that just don't cut the ice, what do you think ???

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:26 pm

I agree completely about losing young talents which was why I was chuffed with Ashtons handling of the Simpson situation tbh. I think McKenna is trying everyone out to see how they do while trying not to weaken the team, Simpson could get a run out but I am doubtful he will be selected ahead of the main strikers while we still have an outside chance.