Just been watching MOTD recording

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Just been watching MOTD recording

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:01 pm

Saints v Man City … really good game to watch . Like many I’ve seen MC play numerous times on the tv this season, but does anyone think the same as me , that Grealish as good as he’s been in his career just looks a couple cuts below the rest of the City quality in that team ? Or am I being harsh ? 🤷‍♀️

MasseyFerguson

Re: Just been watching MOTD recording

Post by MasseyFerguson » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:10 am

I don't think you are being harsh at all. I think you are spot on.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:28 am

Jack Grealish was outstanding at Villa but very much a one man show with his team mates creating space for him. He also played for them with huge levels of confidence as he was such a stand out player for them. In contrast at Man City he’s just another good player with everyone around him either his equal or better which has probably knocked his confidence. To make things worse he’s become a bit of a play boy and easily distracted away from his football, grown an even bigger ego and lost his edge. I suspect whilst his income has doubled his value has halved joining a band of young talented players who just don’t fulfil their potential. If he doesn’t knuckle down I can see Man City cutting their loses and moving him on.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:35 pm

He looks a right prat IMO with his hair do, and he’s always played with a swagger and socks rolled down. I think it’s a case of going from big fish in a little pool to little fish in big pool. I’m going to stick my neck out suggest he doesn’t stay there too much longer. All I ever seem see is h8m missing dead cert goals lol .

I reckon he’d have been a better fit with a smaller ( but bigger than Villa) Club, say Everton, West Ham, maybe even Spurs or Arsenal. Man City is to9 big for him and I don’t think he looks that comfortable there tbh.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:43 pm

Note to Jack:
Get a haircut and pull your socks up! :lol:

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:37 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:35 pm
He looks a right prat IMO with his hair do, and he’s always played with a swagger and socks rolled down.
Surprised you've ever noticed these things Hallam, taking your Euro2021 comments into consideration! :wink: :lol:
hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:54 pm
Love Grealishs bum …. Like two hard boiled eggs in a hanky ha ha 👍💙🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:40 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:37 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:35 pm
He looks a right prat IMO with his hair do, and he’s always played with a swagger and socks rolled down.
Surprised you've ever noticed these things Hallam, taking your Euro2021 comments into consideration! :wink: :lol:
hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:54 pm
Love Grealishs bum …. Like two hard boiled eggs in a hanky ha ha 👍💙🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
:lol:

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:27 am

City attack with such pace and precision, he just doesn't fit that system at all. He's technically excellent, but he's actually quite slow on the ball and slow of mind, it disrupts and doesn't gel with City's rhythm.